Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mr. Satan/Hercules VS Baki-verse

Mr. Satan and all of the power that he is implied to have decides he wants to put up his World Champion title to the test and accept all challengers... from Baki-verse.

Can anyone from Baki-verse take down the Champ?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Yes.

Pretty easily.

Hercule is like... being generous here - mid-tier by the standards of Baki. He's too slow and weak to matter to the top tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yes.

Pretty easily.

Hercule is like... being generous here - mid-tier by the standards of Baki. He's too slow and weak to matter to the top tiers.
    Only the most foolish of souls dare to underestimate the power of Mr. Satan!

Maybe someone like General Tao or King Piccolo would be a better challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Lazzlo304 View Post
    Maybe someone like General Tao or King Piccolo would be a better challenge
    Physically, Roshi's full-powered form looks more appropriate, but he does have some nasty hacks.

Admittedly though, I know little else about the Baki the Grappler universe.

Pardon my ignorance, but what ARE the tiers of Baki? Or at least the best educated guesses?

Obviously Final boss Yujiro is top but who is beneath him in what order?

And I think Tao might be overkill? Wasn't he tossing giant stone pillars across continents? And have ki shots?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what ARE the tiers of Baki? Or at least the best educated guesses?

And I think Tao might be overkill? Wasn't he tossing giant stone pillars across continents? And have ki shots?
    Yeah, he was casually chucking stone pillars over a thousand kilometers at hypersonic speed with precision accuracy, and jumping on them mid-flight to use them as a mode of transportation. He also killed General Blue by stabbing his tongue through the general's temple (General Blue being a guy who was able to walk out of an underwater cave in like he was the flipping Terminator), and his ki-blast instantly KO'd a kid Goku that was extremely superhuman by that point (and would have killed him if it hadn't been blocked by the Dragon Ball that Goku was carrying).

Yes.

Pretty easily.

So he's Retsu level?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Tao would be overkill. DB is generally not a great match up for Baki as a series as they rather quickly get too much power, speed and strength.

Baki Tier List for the main cast is basically.

SS Tier - Yujiro, Musashi,

S Tier - Pickle, Baki, Sukune(? Maybe?)

A Tier - Hanayama, Doppo, Shibakawa, Jack Hammer when he's on his A game. Olivia (? Maybe ?)

B Tier - Retsu (on paper), Katsumi

C Tier - Most everyone else of consequence.

Z Tier - Retsu when he's in jobber mode
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 03-18-2021 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    So he's Retsu level?
    Retsu, when he's not being jobbed out, is like the King of the mid-card. If you can beat him then you're moving up.

Being /very/ generous, Hercule is like bottom end of the mid-card and he's only just about there in terms of his durability and (comparatively minor) strength.

He's not got the tactical skill or breadth of fighting skill that is much more common in Baki as a show. I don't predict him doing well against anyone of consequence in the setting.

Retsu, when he's not being jobbed out, is like the King of the mid-card. If you can beat him then you're moving up.

Being /very/ generous, Hercule is like bottom end of the mid-card and he's only just about there in terms of his durability and (comparatively minor) strength.

He's not got the tactical skill or breadth of fighting skill that is much more common in Baki as a show. I don't predict him doing well against anyone of consequence in the setting.
    I think that's a fair assessment of his abilities.

In other words, he'll need to stay away from swords.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

What level does a character have to be to be a good match for a Baki vs character?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

my own personal rankings:

yujiro is top tier. no question.

kaku kaioh is just under him slightly since he's one of the few people who can throw down with yujiro and actually make it a fight and the first person to actually make him back up from a attack.

i'd put musashi somewhere up there as well. but then again, he's busted.

baki is another i'd put up here.

doppo, hanayama, shibukawa and retsu (when not jobbing), fall under a level below that.

jack and kasumi are in a tier a hair below the previous one, due to the arc they are in. they are both beasts but get messed up if they punch above their level. like kasumi is hyped up as being the genius of karate but he often times either struggles with the upper tiers or just outright loses. jack is another hard one to gage. after the maxim tournament, he hasn't had many fights against the higher tier fighters, if at all.

oliva is a hard one to peg really. on one hand, dude is probably the most physically powerful fighter in the series but on the other, he is lacking in terms of skill and technique. i mean, he can learn fighting skills very well but he mainly just overpowers his foes too often. we do know the ogre can push his shit in and baki has beaten him, so he know he isn't on their level. at least not consistantly.

pickle is in that same boat. hella strong but hasn't thrown down enough with the higher tiers to gage where to fit him.

everyone else ranks below these guys.

but again, this is just my own tiers based on having read the mangas repeatedly. so milage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    What level does a character have to be to be a good match for a Baki vs character?
    Metahuman in terms of strength and speed, highly durable. Depending on who you're pitching them against, they should have a high level of technique.

Also, bricks. Baki has effectively zero esoteric stuff so they have a hard time with it.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    oliva is a hard one to peg really. on one hand, dude is probably the most physically powerful fighter in the series but on the other, he is lacking in terms of skill and technique. i mean, he can learn fighting skills very well but he mainly just overpowers his foes too often. we do know the ogre can push his shit in and baki has beaten him, so he know he isn't on their level. at least not consistantly.
    I would argue that Yujiro, Baki, Pickle, Hanayama and Sukune are all above him in terms of raw physical power to be honest.

The series went out of it's way to show that Sukune was leagues above him in terms of raw physical strength.

Olivia was introduced strong but his position in the series has eroded considerably.