Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The long-tailed coat doesn’t look right without pants. And red stripes plus red sash is a little too much.
    It also seems to be just her regular costume but with an overcoat.

I thought it was a good read and I'll check out the first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Who is this?
    Guinan got rebooted?
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Mighty Member

This I’ll have to wait and see people’s opinions that aren’t Tini stans. Her Excalibur is more than lacking and only capable of giving one character “development” at a time. Fantasy/adventure is a pretty easy sell, but corporate world is tough sell even if you’re a great writer.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    This I’ll have to wait and see people’s opinions that aren’t Tini stans. Her Excalibur is more than lacking and only capable of giving one character “development” at a time. Fantasy/adventure is a pretty easy sell, but corporate world is tough sell even if you’re a great writer.
    Or...seeing as how you are not a Tini (Excalibur) stan yourself...
    you can read the first issue and have your own informed opinion on the book and decide whether it is or isn't for you. Rather than relying on someone else's more than likely highly subjective (either way) opinion.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I was satisfied with Tini’s answers to these questions. Definitely more straight-forward than her previous interview.

A few guesses as to who some of the other cast members might be. I think that there will be more than just one. Just speculation. And, I already know that many are probably wrong.

Trinary is a great guess for a corporate "Robin Hood" type. Great choice as a character to hack enemy corporations. Many members of this forum have already suggested her for a member of this team, including myself.

I'm not sure if Mystique makes as much sense. She's pretty villainous, especially in her more recent stories. But, I guess that she could work.

Gambit would be perfect for the role of corporate Robin Hood. He has worked for that company in All New X-Factor, is a master thief, and is a pretty good guy a lot of times. He'd be perfect as a character to break into enemy corporations. I'm afraid we may get someone like Fantomex, though. I believe that it was FrostedEmma who pointed out in another thread that speculated on team members that Fantomex may owe Monet a favor, if I remember correctly.

Laura Kinney would make some sense. She could fill the role that Gambit might have.

I can't remember who all of the characters were who were part of the fan vote to determine who would be the last member of the X-Men picked by the fans. One of them might be in the comic.

I wish that the interview had given us the full cast.
    But, I really did like the interview. It gave some good insight into Howard views Warren and Monet.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I am loving Warren's dress sense here. He looks good in a white suit. It matches his wings perfectly. Definitely looks like a guy ready to do business.
    I don't know much about fashion, or what certain colors or clothing mean, but I do know a little bit about what means for a man to wear a white suit.
    It can symbolize that the man is searching for love, money, fame, attention, or notoriety.
    It's also a symbol of power. EDIT: the interview does talk about power.
    It's also used for men looking for blood. The red stains really stick out on a white suit.

None of these symbols would explain why Warren would choose to wear white, of course. I'm probably reading way to much into this.
    I just find it interesting.
    Last edited by Thievery; 03-15-2021 at 11:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    A few guesses as to who some of the other cast members might be. I think that there will be more than just one. Just speculation. And, I already know that many are probably wrong.

Trinary is a great guess for a corporate "Robin Hood" type. Great choice as a character to hack enemy corporations. Many members of this forum have already suggested her for a member of this team, including myself.

I'm not sure if Mystique makes as much sense. She's pretty villainous, especially in her more recent stories. But, I guess that she could work.

Gambit would be perfect for the role of corporate Robin Hood. He has worked for that company in All New X-Factor, is a master thief, and is a pretty good guy a lot of times. He'd be perfect as a character to break into enemy corporations. I'm afraid we may get someone like Fantomex, though. I believe that it was FrostedEmma who pointed out in another thread that speculated on team members that Fantomex may owe Monet a favor, if I remember correctly.

Laura Kinney would make some sense. She could fill the role that Gambit might have.

I can't remember who all of the characters were who were part of the fan vote to determine who would be the last member of the X-Men picked by the fans. One of them might be in the comic.

I wish that the interview had given us the full cast.
    But, I really did like the interview. It gave some good insight into Howard views Warren and Monet.

I don't know much about fashion, or what certain colors or clothing mean, but I do know a little bit about what means for a man to wear a white suit.
    It can symbolize that the man is searching for love, money, fame, attention, or notoriety.
    It's also a symbol of power. EDIT: the interview does talk about power.
    It's also used for men looking for blood. The red stains really stick out on a white suit.

None of these symbols would explain why Warren would choose to wear white, of course. I'm probably reading way to much into this.
    I just find it interesting.
    The poll options were: Banshee, Strong Guy, Cannonball, Sunspot, Forge, Tempo, Marrow, Boom Boom, Armor and Polaris.

Scott and Jean are the givens.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Or...seeing as how you are not a Tini (Excalibur) stan yourself...
    you can read the first issue and have your own informed opinion on the book and decide whether it is or isn't for you. Rather than relying on someone else's more than likely highly subjective (either way) opinion.
    Just Like CotA, I’m not going to follow it if it’s not a concept I’m interested in or if the writing isn’t good. If I read a review of someone that doesn’t bend over backwards to make Tini’s failings on Excalibur look acceptable and they say this was good, then I’m more likely to check it out. I read and continue to read Excalibur because of Betsy (and most of the characters that I normally like).

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Oh...Okies. I just thought (wrongfully so) that you just didn't like Tini's Excalibur.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post

Eh, those red stripes with collar design ruins the costume.
    Looks like Lady Shiva.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post

Eh, those red stripes with collar design ruins the costume.
    Look here Marvel I have almost 30 years of Psylock/Kwannon wearing the samething...leave my childhood alone. LOL
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Warrens outfit reminds me of him during the original AoA crossover, where he owned Heaven.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Oh...Okies. I just thought (wrongfully so) that you just didn't like Tini's Excalibur.
    Nah, you’re mostly correct. lol.

I think you know I’m not a fan of her writing or being able to handle the concept and execution of Excalibur. I’ve said her ideas were good, but her writing and scene shifting/jump aren’t coherent enough. That’s another reason I wouldn’t pick up a Tini book as a “let me see”. X-Corp is not a concept I’m interested in. Mutant business? If this was straight forward a concept of what X-corps was in the past (mutant outreach around the world) I would probably pick it up and give it a try. That’s why I’ll wait for it to come out and read the review/summary. Though I did purchase KIB: Marauders after reading the summary and positive posts and I regret that.

CotA I don’t think I like the concept, it that has nothing to do with Vita’s writing on New Mutants (as I enjoy their writing on the title)

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Oh, Trinary could work, and would fit that description.
    Didn't Tini feature her at the very beginning of Excalibur? Could definitely indicate that she has interest in using the character in a more fitting setting.