Default Janet (The Good place) vs The Doctor (Star trek Voyrager)

Who would you rather have as your assistant?

The doctor comes with the medical bay that has unlimited power.(no replicator) and a portable transmitter to make the doctor movile.

For those who are unfamiliar with both or one:

It's basically a choice between having a mid-level reality warping being who also knows everything that ever happened (near-omniscience), or being able to cure nearly any desease.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

As I recall, Janet can like... do or produce functionally anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    As I recall, Janet can like... do or produce functionally anything?
    uhm, basically yea, she can create food, animals, buildings, she even made a humanoid...AND apperently can make a make-shift holodek.... (just finished that episode just now lol the show is great!)

she is kinda OP >.<

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Janet for the easy win. Instant knowledge of literally anything ever plus high end reality warping. I accept.

And The Good Place was awesome.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Janet is, essentially, an instrument and avatar of God and the overall grand design of creation.

The Doctor, on the very hand, is very sarcastic and tends to hog the attention in the later seasons.

Janet all the way.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Janet.

*limit dance*
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

As OP as Janet is, i believe she can't do everything, The doc can cure any current and future decease. Janet can't do that. Although having all knowledge of the universe + knowledge of every book and doctor who has ever lived...would still make her a very good doctor...

Janet can create basically anything, but it still has to be something realistic, she cant make you a Voyager star ship, atleast not a fully functioning one..... meh this idea seemed so good in my head >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Janet can create basically anything, but it still has to be something realistic, she cant make you a Voyager star ship, atleast not a fully functioning one..... meh this idea seemed so good in my head >.<
    If a Voyager starship is at least scientifically possible, I'd have no problem granting Janet the ability to make one. Omniscience and the ability to create anything would give that to you. If the technology in Voyager is scientifically impossible, then that's another thing entirely (and undermines the entire premise of Star Trek in the first place).

EDIT: Granted, Janet has made things that are scientifically impossible. Such as ice cream flavors of concepts and events (ex. "Mother's Love" and "Beyonce Compliments Your Hair"). And of course, creating the entirety of the Good/Bad place neighborhoods.
    Last edited by Twickster; 03-16-2021 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    As OP as Janet is, i believe she can't do everything, The doc can cure any current and future decease. Janet can't do that. Although having all knowledge of the universe + knowledge of every book and doctor who has ever lived...would still make her a very good doctor...

Well, the important thing is that you tried

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

To be honest I'm not sure why one would assume Janet can't come up with a cure for all disease. She can build a demi plane that grants the power of flight or makes you immune to hangovers. Cancer seems like small potatoes.

But One thing to keep in mind is Janet's powers don't work on Earth, though, so you'd "just" get her knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    To be honest I'm not sure why one would assume Janet can't come up with a cure for all disease. She can build a demi plane that grants the power of flight or makes you immune to hangovers. Cancer seems like small potatoes.

But One thing to keep in mind is Janet's powers don't work on Earth, though, so you'd "just" get her knowledge.
    I'm just gonna chalk it up to this match up being such a curbstomp that giving the Doctor a bone is an act of charity. Even on Earth without the ability to, say, phase through most obstacles or possess nigh-invulnerability like the Doctor, her knowledge should already FARRRR surpass his own in all fields, including medicine, biology, virology, chemistry, and engineering.

Janet's knowledge could potentially allow her to make a Doctor, along with a medical bay, mobile transmitter and a replicator. So choosing her is basically getting two for the price of one.

Or more actually. She could probably build you holodecks and androids as well.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Janet's knowledge could potentially allow her to make a Doctor, along with a medical bay, mobile transmitter and a replicator. So choosing her is basically getting two for the price of one.

Or more actually. She could probably build you holodecks and androids as well.
    And starships. And transwarp transporters, just sticking with Star Trek tech. Her having literally all knowledge from... forever... on tap is an insane resource.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan