Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 101
  1. #1

    Default A Thread of SILK- SILK appreciation thread 2021

    https://www.gamesradar.com/inside-pr...eshi-miyazawa/

    Interview with the writer/artist of Silk's new series and preview of issue 1.

  2. #2
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Thanks for sharing this. Sounds like they might be off to a good start, though we won't know for sure until the issues start coming out.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  3. #3
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    66,912

    Default

    She's busting a blonde lady named Karen. I can't see that as unintentional .

    (And she killed her parents. Okay this got kind of serious surprisingly quickly).

    Hey, a night's good work leading to a snazzy new outfit. Lucky Cindy .

    It's nice to see her hair is long again. She didn't look bad with the bob but she also looks pretty nice with it long again .

    "A Dash of Romance) - With Hector or this co-worker Derick?

    I wonder if we'll see her and Peter interact since they're ostensibly working at the same place.

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "A Dash of Romance) - With Hector or this co-worker Derick?
    I wondered that too. The interview mentions a few of Cindy's old supporting cast (some who will be involved, and some who apparently won't) but Hector doesn't get mentioned at all. If Derick is a new love interest to replace him, I hope Hector at least gets acknowledged. There are certainly some loose ends with him that would be nice to tie up.

    Given that the solicits imply a supernatural aspect to this storyline, I am hopeful that Hector will be involved. It would be a shame to have Silk facing off with a supernatural threat and not involve her ghostly boyfriend/sidekick.

  5. #5
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    9,427

    Default

    Looking forward to this series. Hope it's good.

  6. #6
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    26,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's nice to see her hair is long again. She didn't look bad with the bob but she also looks pretty nice with it long again .
    I'm not surprised considering who the artist is. He gave Gwen long hair too, when she'd previously also had a bob. I think he just prefers drawing longer hair.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's busting a blonde lady named Karen. I can't see that as unintentional .

    (And she killed her parents. Okay this got kind of serious surprisingly quickly).

    Hey, a night's good work leading to a snazzy new outfit. Lucky Cindy .

    It's nice to see her hair is long again. She didn't look bad with the bob but she also looks pretty nice with it long again .

    "A Dash of Romance) - With Hector or this co-worker Derick?

    I wonder if we'll see her and Peter interact since they're ostensibly working at the same place.
    If Silk hasn't appeared outside of the Spider-family events, then it's unlikely that she and Peter will ever interact. Peter has not appeared to be interacting in books that are outside the Spider-Office these days. I would love to see Silk interact become a member of The Avengers Academy..
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-17-2021 at 01:59 AM.

  8. #8

    Default

    I'm hoping Amadeus and the other members of Agent of Atlas pop up. There needs to be a girl's night between her, Luna Snow, Wave, Aero etc.

    Cindy versus evil Cindy from Earth 65 would be epic.

    It's probably not gonna happen.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-17-2021 at 08:42 AM.

  9. #9
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    66,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm hoping Amadeus and the other members of Agent of Atlas pop up. There needs to be a girl's night between her, Luna Snow, Wave, Aero etc.

    Cindy versus evil Cindy from Earth 65 would be epic.

    It's probably not gonna happen.
    That would be pretty fun though .

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That would be pretty fun though .
    Fingers crossed for this miniseries to get extended to an ongoing then.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Fingers crossed for this miniseries to get extended to an ongoing then.
    That tends to be Marvel's strategy, announce a run as a mini-series and then if it performs better than expected either extend or spin an ongoing out of it.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

  12. #12
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    66,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    That tends to be Marvel's strategy, announce a run as a mini-series and then if it performs better than expected either extend or spin an ongoing out of it.
    I can't tell what's a mini or an ongoing these days.

  13. #13
    Amazing Member Cindy's Addiction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Come on, March 31! Give us the Silk we loved so dearly!

    If anyone notice the June 2021 solicitations, looks like Silk is gonna be fighting the cyborg mobster Silvermane.

  14. #14
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy's Addiction View Post
    Come on, March 31! Give us the Silk we loved so dearly!

    If anyone notice the June 2021 solicitations, looks like Silk is gonna be fighting the cyborg mobster Silvermane.
    Silk vs. Silvermane? That ought to be interesting.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  15. #15
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    66,912

    Default

    I guess that confirms the "classic" villain from the prior solicits.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •