Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This reminds me of when Sajani was in Peter's high school in Spidey, or when there was a random "Cindy" in Peter's MCU class.

(Cindy and Carlie...two Slott creations with slightly controversial histories. Hmm).
    And now a new generation of kids get to experience stories with them without the controversial histories...until they learn to google.

Well if Cindy gains powers and becomes Silk in this series I'm curious at how her and Peter's dynamic will be compared to Gwen and Miles from the previous series since Peter and Cindy are the same.

silk 2 cover variant Kael Ngu

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    silk 2 cover variant Kael Ngu

Looks like they're getting along better these days.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Amazing Member Cindy's Addiction's Avatar

Love it! I wanna see alot more variants for the next Silk issue!

Amazing Member Cindy's Addiction's Avatar

Marvel's July 2021 solicitations has been release, but I don't see our Silk issue 5 here. Will it be skipped like a month just like Spider-Woman or is there something else wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy's Addiction View Post
    Marvel's July 2021 solicitations has been release, but I don't see our Silk issue 5 here. Will it be skipped like a month just like Spider-Woman or is there something else wrong?
    Likely skipping a month. The first issue is getting a second printing so I don't think there's anything to worry about
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

silk 3 cover variant Kael Ngu

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

silk 3 cover variant Kael Ngu
    Dressed for a free-to-play shooting game...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy's Addiction View Post
    X factor and strange academy also skipped just FYI.Maybe they messed up the solicits or just skipped them this month

has there ever been much of a reckoning for Cindy having had 10+ years of her life robbed from her? Where are all her family members? Did Ezekiel leave her any money at all? (did he apologize at all?)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has there ever been much of a reckoning for Cindy having had 10+ years of her life robbed from her? Where are all her family members? Did Ezekiel leave her any money at all? (did he apologize at all?)
    Ezekiel died back in JMS's Spider-Man run after attempting to sacrifice Peter to an angry avatar of the Great Weaver and then sacrificing himself in Peter's place because he realized that Peter had always at least tried to do good with his powers, whereas Ezekiel had used those same powers for his own benefit at every turn of his life. (That said, while he did eventually express remorse to Peter, he should have left a message or something for Cindy, too, I agree with you there.) The first and second volumes of Silk's series dealt with her looking for and ultimately reuniting with her family, as well as coping with the decade of her life effectively stolen from her in that bunker, as an ongoing plot.

fire silk art!
    Thor: "I was flying through the cosmos, on my way to Midgard, when something struck me in the face. It was blood."

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    fire silk art!
    Indeed, it is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Likely skipping a month. The first issue is getting a second printing so I don't think there's anything to worry about
    Yeah, its fine. Marvel has had multiple books (both ongoings and miniseries) missing from the solicits for skip months every single month for the past several months. I think just about every book except for AMAZING SPIDER-MAN has had at least one skip month this year by now.

Extraordinary Member

Silk: Sony's Spider-Man TV Spinoff to Reportedly Begin Filming in August

Between the main Spider-Man series and spinoffs like Venom and Morbius, Sony's live-action take on the Marvel Comics universe has continued to grow. Last year, it was confirmed that Silk would join that list, with a live-action television series that could reportedly end up on Amazon Prime. Since then, details surrounding the series have been relatively few and far between — but it looks like we might have a major bit of forward momentum. According to a new report from Discussing Film, Silk is looking to begin filming in late August, and would theoretically wrap production in "early 2022."

The series would follow fan-favorite Marvel Comics character Cindy Moon, who has previously been described for the series as a Korean-American between 19 and 29 years old who is a kid from Queens who is on her own for the first time. Although she’s a total beginner in law enforcement and fighting crime, she is said to love the feeling of beating up criminals to let her frustrations out, and has an affinity for ‘80s and ‘90s pop culture. She also struggles with her identity and heritage, but she tries to focus on her family, friends, and relationships.

Sang Kyu Kim (The Walking Dead, Jupiter's Legacy) is expected to serve as showrunner and executive producer on the series. No casting has been announced, although a report from last month indicated that producers Phil Lord and Chris Miller had met with Adeline Rudolph, who previously appeared on Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and currently stars as Minerva Marble on The CW's Riverdale.

The show will be part of Lord and Miller's overall deal to develop Spider-Man-themed TV shows, after the pair worked on the Oscar-winning smash hit Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, as well asits upcoming sequel.

“We are so grateful to everyone at Sony Pictures Television for choosing to partner with us and expand our enduring relationship with the studio,” Lord and Miller said in a statement when that deal was first announced. “Together we aim to make groundbreaking work of the highest quality and integrity, and to place that work in convenient proximity to your eyeballs and earholes, wherever you may be.”

What do you think of the latest updates surrounding the Silk series? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Silk does not currently have a release date, but keep an eye on ComicBook.com for any additional updates!

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/si...filming-start/