Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    He's one of the villians. I like him.
    I've only seen the covers with him on it.

Hope he's a good villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    She had to disguise herself as "Silkworm" so Jonah wouldn't catch onto Silk being in San Francisco at the same time Cindy Moon was and put two and two together, so as far as I'd recall, he still wouldn't know who she was --- even though he should by now since he learned who Spider-Man was.
    I don't see how him knowing Peter's identity means he should automatically know anyone else's identities. It's not like Cindy is actually related to him. As far as Jonah knows, they're just two unconnected heroes with similar powers.

Though really, he should've cottoned on long before the Silkworm incident anyway. Cindy originally had long hair, and one day, showed up for work with it bobbed - because she'd chopped it off in battle when Black Cat grabbed it. Shouldn't he have noticed that Silk was also sporting short hair after that?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't see how him knowing Peter's identity means he should automatically know anyone else's identities. It's not like Cindy is actually related to him. As far as Jonah knows, they're just two unconnected heroes with similar powers.

Though really, he should've cottoned on long before the Silkworm incident anyway. Cindy originally had long hair, and one day, showed up for work with it bobbed - because she'd chopped it off in battle when Black Cat grabbed it. Shouldn't he have noticed that Silk was also sporting short hair after that?
    Not necessarily, woman are known to cut their hair after all...

Yeah, but the timing would be one hell of a coincidence if they were different people.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Fair enough, though you'd think with Silk insisting in Go Down Swinging's conclusion that Peter should still give Jonah a chance despite his screwup that led to everything that went down in that arc, maybe she'd follow her own advice and give Jonah the same trust Peter gave him when he unmasked in "My Dinner with Jonah."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, but the timing would be one hell of a coincidence if they were different people.
    The thing with Jonah is that he can be remarkably blind sometimes. Sometimes he is a skilled investigative journalist with keen observational skills--and other times he has massive blind spots. His own arrogance has caused him to distort or ignore facts, or leap to wrong conclusions, on many occasions.

Given that at the time of the whole "Silkworm" disguise Jonah was highly distracted by the miraculous return-from-the-dead of both his wife and his niece, and then traumatized by both of them dying again, I really don't think its all that surprising that he failed to pay attention to Cindy's or Silk's new hairdos. He had a lot of other stuff on his mind at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The thing with Jonah is that he can be remarkably blind sometimes. Sometimes he is a skilled investigative journalist with keen observational skills--and other times he has massive blind spots. His own arrogance has caused him to distort or ignore facts, or leap to wrong conclusions, on many occasions.

Given that at the time of the whole "Silkworm" disguise Jonah was highly distracted by the miraculous return-from-the-dead of both his wife and his niece, and then traumatized by both of them dying again, I really don't think its all that surprising that he failed to pay attention to Cindy's or Silk's new hairdos. He had a lot of other stuff on his mind at the time.
    That's a fair point, too. I did like Cindy burying "reanimated" Mattie's ashes in the aftermath issue, though.

Silk cover variant 2

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Silk cover variant 2
    Thanks for sharing. Cool variant cover.

Is that Billy Kametz voicing Peter?

Cindy appears as a classmate of Peter's in the relaunch of Marvel Action: Spider-Man. She's friends with him and Carlie Cooper at this Oscorp Science school. No spider-powers though.

Yet. The school faculty are supervillains. Anyone want to bet that someone will try to recreate Spider-Man's powers, and that accidentally results in Silk?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Cindy appears as a classmate of Peter's in the relaunch of Marvel Action: Spider-Man. She's friends with him and Carlie Cooper at this Oscorp Science school. No spider-powers though.

Maybe Carlie could pop up as a member of Silk's supporting cast? Maybe they were friends back in the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post

This reminds me of when Sajani was in Peter's high school in Spidey, or when there was a random "Cindy" in Peter's MCU class.

(Cindy and Carlie...two Slott creations with slightly controversial histories. Hmm).