Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Oh yeah, Sony vs Nintendo. Maybe she can like Digimon instead.

Still, I don't get pop culture's general obsession with the 80s.
    It's just nostalgia from an older generation. Remember the 70s show from the early 2000s? Eventually we'll move on the 90s.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's just nostalgia from an older generation. Remember the 70s show from the early 2000s? Eventually we'll move on the 90s.
    Ok. Personally I don't care at all about nostalgia. I like lots of old things, but I don't act like those eras were something great.

I swear she called one of her villains a Pokemon in her book...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The point is that the Silk series will be a Sony production. Sony is also a major player in the video game industry, with their Playstation systems. One of their rivals in the video game industry is Nintendo, who are one of the owners of the Pokémon IP (it's... complicated).

The question is, will Cindy, who is a Pokémon fan in the comics, be a fan of Pokémon in a show made by Sony?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dragonclaw? When she asked, "Is that a new Pokemon or something?" in the first issue of her first solo?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The point is that the Silk series will be a Sony production. Sony is also a major player in the video game industry, with their Playstation systems. One of their rivals in the video game industry is Nintendo, who are one of the owners of the Pokémon IP (it's... complicated).

The question is, will Cindy, who is a Pokémon fan in the comics, be a fan of Pokémon in a show made by Sony?
    It's possible she won't when that's the case. She's switch to being a Kratos fan

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Dragonclaw? When she asked, "Is that a new Pokemon or something?" in the first issue of her first solo?
    Yeah, that was probably the only time I recall been any reference to Pokemon in any of her series? She's hardly a hard-core fan, I think outside of that brief reference she only has some plushies. It's hardly a defining characteristic of her's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

They don't exactly have a bad relationship. They might be competitors, that doesn't mean they won't collaborate. Sony was very close to make a Mario movie -fell out after the North Korea hack- and they also entered the biding wars to get the live action rights for Pokemon until Legendary won them.

A small reference to competitors here and there is hardly something that will worry executives.
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 04-29-2021 at 04:33 PM.

Heck, there's been references to Marvel heroes in the Arrowverse. If DC and Marvel are happy to mention each other, it seems petty for Sony to refuse to acknowledge Nintendo stuff. However, Pokemon is just an example. Cindy being into 90s stuff in general is a characteristic of hers. Her nickname Analog comes from the fact she only knew older tech at first - she was surprised that the computers didn't have Netscape Navigator installed (it went obsolete and was replaced by Mozilla Firefox while she was in the bunker).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I read issue 3 and thought it was fun. I dig the villians and I hope they stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I read issue 3 and thought it was fun. I dig the villians and I hope they stick around.
    Generally agreed. I'm still waiting for the certain-to-be-awkward reunion between Silk and Black Cat. Maybe Jed MacKay and Maurene Goo could team up there?

Is Silk about to show up in ASM? Annoyed at Spidey for switching off the Threats and Menaces video feed, Jonah decides he needs his own hero. Well, doesn't he already HAVE one?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is Silk about to show up in ASM? Annoyed at Spidey for switching off the Threats and Menaces video feed, Jonah decides he needs his own hero. Well, doesn't he already HAVE one?
    Yeah I wondered that too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Silk is more of a bodygaurd for Jonah.I doubt she would do TnM.Specially behind Peter's back.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Silk is more of a bodygaurd for Jonah.I doubt she would do TnM.Specially behind Peter's back.
    Technically, she already works for Threats and Menaces as Cindy Moon, and the bodyguarding for Jonah is more of a side hustle. That said, it would be a good excuse to get them interacting in some capacity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Technically, she already works for Threats and Menaces as Cindy Moon, and the bodyguarding for Jonah is more of a side hustle. That said, it would be a good excuse to get them interacting in some capacity.
    I know.I meant she would not do the Job.
    I do want Silk and Spidey to interact.
    I hope we get a flashback or text bubbles that Pete got Cindy the job.