Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of a bit worried about how Netflix's Gundam is going to turn out, especially if they're trying to put it in one movie. Then again, apart from the same studio (and some of the creative staff for Bebop were involved in the 90's Gundam OAVS-08th Ms team's character designs in particular due to the same designer) it's a very different show(s).

Then again Jordan Vogt-Roberts seems to move fairly slowly with his films development. Metal Gear Solid was announced half a decade ago and hasn't moved beyond concept art and possibly Oscar Isaac as Snake.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It would work better as a new story. Ironically maybe Cowboy Bebop should've been a trilogy of movies while Gundam is a series.
    I think Gundam can survive and even grow from different takes of the series. There's a lot of cool stuff to choose from

Bebop was a bit of a "lightning in the bottle" and not a lot of varied backgrounds to take from. So a new or different take on anything from its history will be very noticeable.

It's like when one of the latest TMNTs made Raph the leader. It was weird but there's enough other Turtle stuff out there, it wasn't a big deal in the scheme of things. Some people don't even know that happened and it didn't even put a dent in the franchise.

With Bebop, if you make a minor change, it is palpable because there's only the anime and the short-live manga to turn to for alternatives.

That being said, I enjoyed the live action. A Lot.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

There do seem to be a lot of Gundam 'flavors' to choose from. Although most of the series revolve around Colony/Earth war and some notion of humans evolving into space (Newtypes, Coordinators, Innovaters etc) and a guy in a mask, it's been remixed certain ways-The super robot approach of G Gundam, Gundam Wing and 00's all young male Gundam teams, Gundam X's post-apocalyptic/Mad Maxesque Gundam, Turn A etc. A lot of Tomino's Gundam UC works also seem to also have a strong environmentalist message, basically that the spacenoids want humans to move off the Earth in part because they don't want the Earth to be ruined by humans (Although how dropping massive space colonies and asteroids on it probably doesn't do the environment any favors...)

On a side note, there was an old Gundam FMV game that adapted part of the original series in live-action. It's quite something.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gundam..._War_for_Earth
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 12-06-2021 at 03:55 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I think Gundam can survive and even grow from different takes of the series. There's a lot of cool stuff to choose from

Bebop was a bit of a "lightning in the bottle" and not a lot of varied backgrounds to take from. So a new or different take on anything from its history will be very noticeable.

It's like when one of the latest TMNTs made Raph the leader. It was weird but there's enough other Turtle stuff out there, it wasn't a big deal in the scheme of things. Some people don't even know that happened and it didn't even put a dent in the franchise.

With Bebop, if you make a minor change, it is palpable because there's only the anime and the short-live manga to turn to for alternatives.

That being said, I enjoyed the live action. A Lot.
    I just meant Cowboy Bebop would work better adapted as a movie than a tv show.

It does have a good episodic blueprint but a lot of it's appeal came from the fact that it ended conclusively. So you could just do a trilogy of films and call it a day.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-07-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

That's rather disappointing.

See you, Space cowboy...

(Someone had to say it )
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I know someone will probably take issue with what i am about to say but i will say it anyway...thank goodness and one was enough, and that is all i will say on the matter.

Extraordinary Member

It's a real shame.

I was enjoying the show and the lead's performances quite a bit.

Astonishing Member

Don't think there was much else left for them to mine storywise. I know they set-up Vincent and all that, but once you deal with Vicious and Spike? It's pretty much over. They played that card too early and should have saved it. It was a nice curio, but I won't miss this show to be honest.

Netflix really are ruthless though, aren't they? Modern day Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Don't think there was much else left for them to mine storywise. I know they set-up Vincent and all that, but once you deal with Vicious and Spike? It's pretty much over. They played that card too early and should have saved it. It was a nice curio, but I won't miss this show to be honest.

Netflix really are ruthless though, aren't they?
    Modern day Fox.
    At the rate that they are going, that handle is going to run out of room for notches.

Netflix: Time to blow this scene.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I know someone will probably take issue with what i am about to say but i will say it anyway...thank goodness and one was enough, and that is all i will say on the matter.
    I feel the same way. I'm glad this is over. This was a huge disappointment for me. Ed will be spared.

Astonishing Member

Also Netflix as they announced it to the producers:

Get everybody and their stuff together.

Okay, three, two, one
    You're canned!

I realize I wasn't the most enthusiastic about this show in this thread, but I had some fun with it, especially in the first half, and I think it's a darn shame the cast and crew won't be able to put out a follow-up. Kudos to everyone involved.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Also Netflix as they announced it to the producers:

Get everybody and their stuff together.

Okay, three, two, one
    You're canned!
    *Trumpets erupt*