Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Darn talk about over reading for one single short trailer.
    No - I'm reacting to specifically what I see in the trailer. And the point of a trailer is that it's tailored to give the audience an idea of what the show is supposed to be - it's not like I was reacting to a random scene out of context. I also qualified my statement saying I understand it's a trailer and may not explore the full scope of the show.

New Trailer:

Holy crap!

That was even better!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Incredible Member

Netflix also revealed new key art and stills for the series. See link below.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...railer/.178850

Interesting that Anna/Annie is now owner of a club instead of a small store. I'm guessing-also going by other pictures and casting-that Gren (Jupiter Jazz character confirmed to be appearing in this series) will presumably be working or performing at the same club. While the two didn't interact in the series, both had pasts with Vicious, so it'll be easy to weave that together somehow.

The first line in the trailer makes me wonder if it's a bit of a meta-joke considering Spike's probable fate in the anime.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    New Trailer:

It looks great.

First episode, just like the original, is "Asteroid Blues".

Keanu Reeves should play Vincent Volaju if they ever adapt the Cowboy Bebop movie. He's the main villian of the story.

So the first season is up. There's a few tweaks to the characters (Jet, for example is more of a family man; Spike seems slightly more upbeat; Faye's sex appeal has been somewhat toned down) but they seem to mostly be true to the characters otherwise. It's weird that Mustafa Shakir sounds almost identical to the English dub actor for Jet, Beau Billingslea.

It's also not as stylized as the trailers would make you think. Weird thing is that Kanno's score doesn't seem to quite work as well in live action as it does for the animation.

Also, announcement of Ed casting.

https://twitter.com/NetflixGeeked/st...-reveals-ed%2F
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-19-2021 at 08:52 AM.

I'm 3 episodes in and it's surprisingly fun.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Man, this show is good!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Surprised I'm enjoying the 1st episode. This show seems put together very well.

This started? I thought it wasn't coming until December. I can't keep up with all the streaming!!!

Edit:

Saw Ep 1. liked it.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 11-19-2021 at 04:10 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Halfway through the season and I liked it.

After finishing the whole series, sadly I must join the many negative opinions that are out there, the series started to lose me about halfway through. I don't feel like going into it too deeply, since adaptations are a tricky thing to begin with and depend very much on how every viewer has a different interpretation of a certain source material, the message it is trying to convey, and what's the 'essence' of the work of fiction they're translating into a different medium. Suffice to say, the characters ended up feeling too different from the original, and certain storylines that were adapted had key elements altered to the point where it was jarring. I had some other bigger and lesser gripes, but I did have fun with some of it, only in order to enjoy it best I had to force myself to forget that this was indeed a Bebop adaptation.

I appreciate what they were trying to do, there was just too much that didn't 'click' with me.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me