Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Three episodes in, and I'm enjoying this.

It is not quite as... beholden to the source material as it seemed at first. But the show is trying to mimic the look and the
    feel of the Anime...minus the bright colors and Faye's blatant fan service.

I binged the entire season and loved it.

Can't wait for the next season to drop.

I finished it and enjoyed it. However Vicious and Julia were the weak link which makes me worried about where they are going with a potential season 2.

But I'm just glad it worked as an anime adaptation so 7 out 10 ain't bad.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-21-2021 at 09:52 PM.

I thought the show had a great opening with the first two episodes and then meandered around for a bit before returning to form with the last three episodes. I hope it returns for a second season but I have my doubts due to the mixed reviews and fan complaints.

Extraordinary Member

I did find Faye annoying by the end. The little doggy was more likeable than her. Not sure what Jet's paunch was about either lol. But yeah I'll watch season 2 if it comes out.

They just filmed a big old casting thing for Ed.

I think season 2 is safe.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They just filmed a big old casting thing for Ed.

I think season 2 is safe.
    I hope so.

If the ratings hold up, we'll probably get another season. But I figured they'd want the show to last a few years anyway. So it might last 3-5 years anyway.

In hindsight it might've been better to keep Vicious and Julia in the back pocket rather than make them the main antagonists.

Or build them up like Marvel Netflix did with most of their villians.

I was hoping for something similar to the manga series. Those were new cases with a different main antagonist.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-23-2021 at 12:52 PM.

I think they should move away from Vicious and Julia for season two and instead focus on Vincent Volaju as the main villain. I also hope they consider a change at showrunner.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    I think they should move away from Vicious and Julia for season two and instead focus on Vincent Volaju as the main villain. I also hope they consider a change at showrunner.
    That could be worse. I love Vincent but he's a one shot villian who isn't much of a character. He works as a representative of Vicious if you believe the dying dream theory.

But maybe they could make that work.

I'm hoping Andy the Cowboy pops up. He's a comedic rival of Spike and I could see him working in season 2.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-23-2021 at 02:32 PM.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Three episodes in and quite honestly really enjoying it.

And yes, I would consider myself a slight snob with regard to the source material. HOWEVER... I can acknowledge this is just another adaptation and it is by no means perfect. I am liking the casting so far. The sets are great and John Cho is growing on me. Still doesn't beat Steve Blum's take with the dubbed version of the show, but hey, it's just an adaptation. I'm appreciating it for what it is.

I'd encourage other fans of the anime who are interested to just sit back and relax while watching it. Set your expectations middle to low and you will be pleasantly surprised.

This is currently number one on Netflix’s top ten.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Well ... the actor that plays Vicious appears to not have a contract for another season. If they go past a season 2, he might come back. That would be my guess.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Three episodes in and quite honestly really enjoying it.

And yes, I would consider myself a slight snob with regard to the source material. HOWEVER... I can acknowledge this is just another adaptation and it is by no means perfect. I am liking the casting so far. The sets are great and John Cho is growing on me. Still doesn't beat Steve Blum's take with the dubbed version of the show, but hey, it's just an adaptation. I'm appreciating it for what it is.

I'd encourage other fans of the anime who are interested to just sit back and relax while watching it. Set your expectations middle to low and you will be pleasantly surprised.
    See the thing is as far as I can see is that maybe people are overrating the source material a bit. Like the changes in the characters may better work to explain why they stick together.

I find that the adaption has humanized all the main characters quite a bit. Like for example, we know that Cho's Spike feels indebted to Jet for taking him in even if he would never tell him. That's more than the cartoon ever gave us.

I also really like that Julia is way more involved in what is happening around her as opposed to being this tragic babe just waiting to get killed off.

Kind of interesting how they upgraded Annie from running a small store to a fancy jazz club. Sort of combined it with Gren's club from the anime I guess, especially since Gren is also there.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-24-2021 at 12:41 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth