Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Ep 9 was very intense.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

I am noticing a LOT of rip offs parts from the tv show futurama here!

What does ISSP stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    What does ISSP stand for?
    Inter-Solar System Police

One thing I think they've got wrong is Vicious. Comes across as kind of hammy/over the top. The original anime character was generally more of the silent type.

Cowboy Bebop actually came out before Futurama as far as the animation is concerned; Not sure what the NF adaptation is taking from Futurama.

Watched Episode 3 so far. Jet's subplot was kind of like a twisted version of Jingle All The Way.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Episode 10 spoilers:
    How did Spike survive that fall?
    end of spoilers Other than that liked it all, and the extra kick at the end .
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

In the anime, it was 90% of his body in bandages and 3 days of sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    One thing I think they've got wrong is Vicious. Comes across as kind of hammy/over the top. The original anime character was generally more of the silent type.
    I've seen 2 reviewers draw a comparison with Game of Thrones' Viserys to Hassell's portrayal of Vicious.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Fantastic Member

Something i didnt like, was that spike would steal a friend girl. Friend he saw as a brother. Other than that, i found the show enjoyable and hope for a season 2

Extraordinary Member

Man, I wonder how Radical Ed is going to come off in live action.

They were over the top as a cartoon...

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    Something i didnt like, was that spike would steal a friend girl. Friend he saw as a brother. Other than that, i found the show enjoyable and hope for a season 2
    Isn't that what happened in the original show?

Cowboy Bebop actually came out before Futurama as far as the animation is concerned; Not sure what the NF adaptation is taking from Futurama.

Watched Episode 3 so far. Jet's subplot was kind of like a twisted version of Jingle All The Way.
    He's also not convincing as a threat. He never felt like Spike's rival like he did in the original.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-28-2021 at 09:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Isn't that what happened in the original show?
    No. In the anime, he has no emotional ties to Julia. He just wanted to kill Spike for trying to leave the Mob. But because he's a psycho, finding out Spike didn't die makes him want to kill him even more.

Anime Vicious' motivation for everything is basically "evil madman". TV Vicious is "betrayed nutjob with daddy issues".

The live action show, certainly gives Vicious a reason for hating Spike's guts other than him being a general nut job.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    No. In the anime, he has no emotional ties to Julia. He just wanted to kill Spike for trying to leave the Mob. But because he's a psycho, finding out Spike didn't die makes him want to kill him even more.

Anime Vicious' motivation for everything is basically "evil madman". TV Vicious is "betrayed nutjob with daddy issues".

The live action show, certainly gives Vicious a reason for hating Spike's guts other than him being a general nut job.
    I prefer general nut job. Anime knew what to focus on. Vicious wasn't meant to be a character we were suppose to know. His menace came from not knowing who he was and what made him tick. Live action show killed his mystique by making him a bitch. Less is more.

I think Bullseye from Daredevil Season 3 would've been a better way to handle Vicious.

I'm just hoping they don't drop the ball with season 2 and the new villian they tease there.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-28-2021 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think Bullseye from Daredevil Season 3 would've been a better way to handle Vicious.
    You mean an unstable sociopath desperate for a moral compass to emulate? He was like a stray dog begging for a master. I don't think I'd have wanted Vicious to be that.