Default Isaiah Bone (Blood and Bone) vs Yuri Boyka (Undisputed movies)

To the death.

Incredible Member

Awesome match-up.

Hmm, I'd need to re-watch both their movies to be sure, but off the top of my head I'd say Bone. From what I remember he was more grounded and efficient. Boyka is very skilled but as I recall he uses a lot of overly dynamic moves (leaps, flips and such). Normally that's no problem as he can defeat most opponents well before fatigue becomes an issue, but against Bone he'll start to tire out first.

I'll have to check Bone's feats thoroughly tomorrow, but here are some fights from Boyka's latest movie, including a two vs one match up, one or two days after he got a back injury in a previous fight. Basically, in that movie, he has one fight in the ring every night for three nights IIRC, the last night, he ends up having to fight twice, and then has to fight the bad guy's goons, who are fighting to kill him (he uses a bat and a gun to fight them though)

Also, Boyka vs Koshmar, the second fight of the final night.

EDIT: Reverifying, the two vs one seems to be where he gets the back injury.

EDIT 2: I watched some Blood and Bone fight scenes. Bone does seem more skilled than Boyka, especially in striking, enough to dodge a few katana strikes and to KO quite a few people in a few hits. I'd give a slight edge to Boyka in grappling, though Bone is no slouch either. The issue here is that getting barely hit in the movie means that Bone doesn't get to demonstrate significant pain tolerance and damage soak, unlike Boyka. Boyka, who goes through Undisputed 3 with a knee injury that doesn't get proper treatment until the fourth movie, and goes through a few other fights while injured, gets hit by physical monsters like Koshmar (while having his back injured) and keeps fighting.

I feel it is close, with Bone winning some when Boyka is dumb enough to challenge him to a striking contest, like he challenged the boxing world champion Chambers (also played by Michael Jai White) in a "fists only" fight, and Boyka winning others when he gets in grappling range, which he could do at worst by eating some kicks while closing the distance.
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 03-17-2021 at 07:52 AM.