Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    Probably one of the few people that still love the Avengers. I want to see the friendships/relationships between the Avengers and Wolverine, Jean Grey, Storm and Charles, strengthened.

All the looks are ok, for me the standouts are Storm, Warren, Jean, Rogue and Monet.
    Ive been hoping that one of the ultimate results of Hickmans run was humans and mutants no longer being at odds every second (though with how the x boards get when discussing the Avengers and etc idk if that's common)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I thought the whole idea with Jean leaving was because the Council publicly disavowed the X-Men and that you couldn't be part of the government and also on a rogue team?
    The council voted that anyone who went with Cyclops to Otherworld at the end of X of Swords could not remain on the council. Jean left with Scott, forfeiting her right to be on the council, and she and Scott convinced Kitty and Kurt not to go so they could stay on the council. So she's already off the council and free to be on the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    They are not a rogue team, they are simply not under the control of the Council.

They want it to be something parallel to the Council. I repeat, it's the same status quo that the Avengers have most of the time. They are not a legal force but the government is not trying to suppress them either.
    Well that's... substantially more mundane than what I had hoped for. Not that it's bad but I had assumed this would be a way for the X-Men to still be outsiders without being the persecuted/"hated and feared".

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    im not opposed to the outfits.

but god damn can we get on with Hox/Pox storylines? is the vote storyline going to be a summer event? marvel is seriously meandering through this title.is hickman even steering this ship anymore.
    This era is much more about having an interesting, evolving status quo that has different stories told within it than about just having one story.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Well that's... substantially more mundane than what I had hoped for. Not that it's bad but I had assumed this would be a way for the X-Men to still be outsiders without being the persecuted/"hated and feared".
    Jean and Scott expressed that the X-Men would be the heroes of the people of Krakoa, not the Council. Many times the objectives will be the same (If some aliens invade Krakoa), other times not.

on second thought i think that's actually megan on the excalbur cover.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    This era is much more about having an interesting, evolving status quo that has different stories told within it than about just having one story.
    And that's how it should be imo. Love the fleshing out of NEW x-verse.

Jean and Scott expressed that the X-Men would be the heroes of the people of Krakoa, not the Council. Many times the objectives will be the same (If some aliens invade Krakoa), other times not.
    I guess that's still kinda neat.

I spot Rachel and Kitty together on that Excalibur cover. Please let this mean what I think it means

Captain America at the bottom of the Wolverine cover, so the Avengers are there too

Fantastic Member

OMG, I love that Hellions cover. Still the book that I look forward to most each month. Kinda seems like Empath should be in a fancy outfit - he always had pretensions of wealth and sophistication in his New Mutants days, so I'd expect him to dress up. But then, he's been wearing his Hellions uniform for years without any upgrade, so maybe he just doesn't care? Either way, I'm sure their party-crashing will be entertaining.

Also, yes to Kitty and Rachel spending some quality time together.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    OMG, I love that Hellions cover. Still the book that I look forward to most each month. Kinda seems like Empath should be in a fancy outfit - he always had pretensions of wealth and sophistication in his New Mutants days, so I'd expect him to dress up. But then, he's been wearing his Hellions uniform for years without any upgrade, so maybe he just doesn't care? Either way, I'm sure their party-crashing will be entertaining.

Also, yes to Kitty and Rachel spending some quality time together.
    My vibe is that Havok and Psylocke were invited (and thus are dressed up) but the rest weren't

we must be reading two different books this is not interesting its meandering with no discernable over arching story. its like sitting in the passenger seat while someone learns how to drive a manual car.
    Last edited by ospfwildcard; 03-17-2021 at 12:55 PM.
    Marvel and DC comics are no different than the food at McDonalds. It will fill you up but in the end bad for your health. Read more independent publishers. Get away from the corporate homogenous cookie cutter fast food comics.

Astonishing Member

The Avengers have always held press conferences for new teams. This is the same but more fun.
    I don’t think the more recent incarnations have, seeing as they (and pretty much every hero team) get more estranged from the government each time they reform (which would probably make for an interesting status quo eventually)

But point made
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 03-17-2021 at 01:15 PM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Captain America at the bottom of the Wolverine cover, so the Avengers are there too
    I think that is Christian Frost.