Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I love all them. Jean, Emma and Storm are definitely the best. Angel is also there.

Dautermann created a great look for Rachel to go back to her timeline. Bye bye less interesting Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I seem to be in the minority here, but these outfits look hideous.

I hate to sound this negative about artwork that someone has clearly spent a lot of time and thought on designing these outfits, but they make my eyes want to pop out and bleed just looking at them

Or maybe I'm even more fashion challenged than I realized.
    I'm with you. Most of these are horrible.

And Rachel's is just unbelievably bad.

It seems like some of the people reacting negatively to these designs think they are the new outfits are each character. They aren't (although I hope at least a couple do transition over in some way). It's for a gala (like the Met Gala). It's supposed to be high fashion/avant garde/bold/outrageous. Practicality and simplicity aren't things you'll see from these designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I think for most people these outfits are ugly. They are very specific to cater to a demo, hardcore fashionistas
    Not a hardcore fashionista and i dont see the 'hideous' in most of em aside from betsy and Rachel. Each their own though.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    It seems like some of the people reacting negatively to these designs think they are the new outfits are each character. They aren't (although I hope at least a couple do transition over in some way). It's for a gala (like the Met Gala). It's supposed to be high fashion/avant garde/bold/outrageous. Practicality and simplicity aren't things you'll see from these designs.
    Nah I just think some are ugly. While some our good

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I love all them. Jean, Emma and Storm are definitely the best. Angel is also there.

Dautermann created a great look for Rachel to go back to her timeline. Bye bye less interesting Jean.
    This should def be jeans new battle outfit. I think rogue could have been better though.

Ugh! He looks A-MAZ-ING

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Not a hardcore fashionista and i dont see the 'hideous' in most of em aside from betsy and Rachel. Each their own though.
    Totally agree

We get it. And with the exception of a few, still awful.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I agree. It's like people don't expect to see many of these lewks at the Met Gala IRL so they are baffled why comic characters would wear them.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Warren's cut-out tuxedo cape and palazzo pants are beauty-full in their simplicity.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Ugh! He looks A-MAZ-ING

Totally agree
    He's setting the standard for the Boys!! Scott is meh but I wasn't expecting **** from him anyway.

I think for most people these outfits are ugly. They are very specific to cater to a demo, hardcore fashionistas
    I know so little about fashion, that I literally had to look up what fashionista meant.

I guess that it really is my poor fashion sense at work here.

I hope that the target audience enjoys the costume designs that were meant for them.
    I am clearly not the target audience, and I am fine with that. I dont expect everything to cater to me.

No, I realize that these aren't supposed to be their new, permanent outfits.

I just find them to be incredibly ugly.

But to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    He's setting the standard for the Boys!! Scott is meh but I wasn't expecting **** from him anyway.
    Scott could have taken notes because Angel looks LOVELY.

IM excited to see Xavier and Erik's looks.

Lots of awful designs. Without doubt Ororo got the best one.

Jean and Warren is serviceable, fit with their personalities

Rachel one is a hate crime
    Rachel’s costume has got me looking sideways but I liked the rest, especially Jean and Storm’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    He is. Hopefully Wolverine won't show up, because I don't see him in anything formal, except for a tuxedo, and much less with something that is fashion. Bobby might look good. Maybe Christian if he does show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Rachel’s costume has got me looking sideways but I liked the rest, especially Jean and Storm’s.
    Betsy's and Rachel are the only bad ones. Maybe Rogue's. But we need to keep in mind that light doesn't exist in a world without darkness. Neither does black without white and, in this case, good looking without uglyness.
    Last edited by Alex.; 03-16-2021 at 01:16 PM.