Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Lmao I love this website.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Bunn was good, though he had his opportunities during a very bad time. He'd probably be a better fit for, say, X-force than Percy is.

Missing Guggenheim...well, if you love nostalgia for nostalgia sake, have no interest in new ideas or directions, and want a writer that copies everything that happened in the 80's and tries to pretend nothing different happen in the last decades in style, substance or characterization, not to mention makes every plot, every idea and every resolution about Kitty Pryde (well, except for Kurt dating a girl he met when she was a troubled teenager and to whom he was an authority figure), he's your man.
    Totally agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post

And then the fashion... why is it such a big deal? It's so much fun and I don't see why it's so stupid to you.
    The whole reason this thread was created was because everyone was having fun and the boards weren’t swarmed with negativity for once.

I don’t see how Storm and Rachel being portrayed as incompetent the majority of the time is “in character” but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Totally agreed.
    100%.

Fans that are critical of the Hickman era always seem to circle back to the idea that characters aren't "recognizable" anymore. And I can't help but think that it's STILL about the polyamory.

Firstly, I think it's only been hinted at because that's all Marvel will allow.

Second, I think it's totally and absolutely in character and of the times. You've been given paradise, you're defining a completely new society, you're a consenting adult, and you can't "die". EFF yeah you're gonna GET DOWN. It makes so much sense that I can't believe this is even up for debate.

There are really only fleeting moments of characters really acting strange (Jean in the House of X mini and Storm in X-Men 1 come to mind), but otherwise almost all characters have been represented in a way that's still essentially themselves. Xavier is obviously different, but that's the whole point.

But also, Sunspot and Deathbird is weird, but young Cyclops and Bloodstorm (the vampire) was organic?
    Last edited by superjosh; 03-16-2021 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The whole reason this thread was created was because everyone was having fun and the boards weren’t swarmed with negativity for once.
    Just to throw in, I notice this on twitter too.
    There are a few individuals who strongly dislike Hickman's era and when the x-fandom is excited that's when all the "Omg I miss so & so x-men era".
    It just seems to be a ploy to bring down the energy.

However, people are more than welcome to voice their opinions.
    I just side eye the many rants I see on Youtube, Twitter or where ever else where people talk about 'X-men greatness' and associate it with the last few decades...

Okay we have found the one person who likes Guggenheim, Maybe in this thread the person who likes Ink will also show up.

I can respect that but it's hard no for me on both those titles. They were so bland.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree. It was easy to see that Bunn's heart wasn't in Blue.
    I mean, heck, the man said as much. He was doing his best with what he was given to work with because professionalism, but he wasn't enthused and his work kept getting derailed.

BANNED

I do miss Cullen Bunn.

People are very hyperbolic about this current era but ResurrXion was very much a good time overall.

AN Wolverine, Blue, Red, Jean Grey, GenX, were all good to great.

Gold was terrible though.

Nothing in the Gold/Blue/Red era comes any where close to this era. The X-Men are relevant again and have the agency Red preached about. One man’s opinion.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

To be fair, they are relevant in no small part because they are allowed to be again and because the company SAID they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    To be fair, they are relevant in no small part because they are allowed to be again and because the company SAID they are.
    You’re not wrong but neither am I.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Marvel forced the X-men to be horrible? X-men Gold/Blue era was bad, X-men Extraordinary/Amazing X-men Terrigen plague era was bad, Bendis era was okay didn't have the highs like this era. No the X-men are relevant because Hickman drop one of the best stories(and settings) in years, The last time they were relevant before that was Morrison which again was the stories. Yeah the X-men are clearly being push again but being "allowed" dismisses that books weren't good. If the X-men are in good stories they will be relevant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    You’re not wrong but neither am I.
    I don't disagree with you. I didn't imply that they are only relevant because they were marketed that way, but that's part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Marvel forced the X-men to be horrible? X-men Gold/Blue era was bad, X-men Extraordinary/Amazing X-men Terrigen plague era was bad, Bendis era was okay didn't have the highs like this era. No the X-men are relevant because Hickman drop one of the best stories(and settings) in years, The last time they were relevant before that was Morrison which again was the stories. Yeah the X-men are clearly being push again but being "allowed" dismisses that books weren't good. If the X-men are in good stories they will be relevant.
    I'm too old and weary for "the compleX wasn't real" discussions or intimations.

Yes, the books are allowed to be relevant again. ResurrXion had good stories but Marvel wasn't telling everyone in videos that those stories were as important as Claremont and Morrison.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I would like to see Bunn or Mike Carey have a X-title on this era, I think this would help to develop ideas they had but could not write at the time because decimation was the story.

Bunn likes to do horror stories, imagine him writting Selene or Emplante and Mike Carey could write Xavier or Moira living this new status quo.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022