Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    That's great that most people are enjoying it. I honestly wanted to know what other people thought about it, because personally, it's hard for me to read and puts me to sleep, so I had no idea so many people were so crazy about it.
    Are you talking about the current issues dealing with the Shadow King and training the youth, or about the previous arc dealing with rescuing Cosmar in Carnelia and stopping the DOX website?

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Are you talking about the current issues dealing with the Shadow King and training the youth, or about the previous arc dealing with rescuing Cosmar in Carnelia and stopping the DOX website?
    Shadow King and training the youth. I guess part of my issue is that I'm not really interested in most of the characters she is using, or in a YOUNG X-Men/training young mutants book, which is what the book has turned into under Ayala. I feel like the book should have been renamed as a new volume of Young X-Men or something instead of using the New Mutants title when the actual New Mutants characters are getting so much less of the spotlight now.

I'm about to drop it, but I'm willing to admit that maybe it's just that I just don't like the new setup and the new roster more so than not liking Ayala's writing (for instance, can't STAND Cosmar and how much focus she is getting).

I saw Ayala at a con before COVID starting shutting everything down and Ayala is one of the nicest, most personable, most down to Earth creators I have ever seen or met. I really am happy that people are enjoying Ayala's work and that it is garnering so much positive hype and praise, even if I personally don't enjoy it. Ayala deserves it.
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 03-18-2021 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zvrk View Post
    Today's mood: I miss Andy Kubert on X-Men. Can we have him back, please?
    I frequently check where Andy is. His art was incredible.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Deleted 10 char
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 03-18-2021 at 07:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zvrk View Post
    Today's mood: I miss Andy Kubert on X-Men. Can we have him back, please?
    Yes please, DC Comics stole him and never returned him. But at least we got Adam back.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Guggs was one of the script writers for the Green Lantern film, so I avoid any comic work by him on general principal
    Guggz is just brutally bad. Remember Civil War: Wolverine and Young X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    ...and give Weapon X to Pak who writes everyone like dumb frat boys & girls.
    Goodness, I forgot about the Pak's Weapon X - with Weapon H. People want this era back? lol, BARF.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Goodness, I forgot about the Pak's Weapon X - with Weapon H. People want this era back? lol, BARF.
    The things people will have nostalgia. A few years from now we'll see people remembering the good ol' days of COVID and Trump handling of the virus.

No shade to them but I don’t miss either of their runs and hope I don’t see them on an x-book anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Guggz is just brutally bad. Remember Civil War: Wolverine and Young X-Men?

Yeah, let's judge a entire era on the worst book it had.

bunn's uncanny and Old Man Logan were pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The things people will have nostalgia. A few years from now we'll see people remembering the good ol' days of COVID and Trump handling of the virus.
    I still believe the US elected Boss Baby because technocrats going about governing with quiet efficiency is boring, and TV had trained people for decades to want drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Here we go.

I know it’s an unpopular opinion by some in the X-Fandom but I miss X-Men Gold by Guggenheim and X-Men Blue by Bunn. The characters we’re recognizable. They aren’t so much anymore in the HOX/POX era.

But hey I have bought every single X issue for years now so I can’t speak with my wallet and not buy them cause I support everything regardless if I’m enjoying it. Cause my hope is loving it so I have to buy them all. Ugh.

Kitty being a drunken moron for most of the stuff. OOC. Eye Boy being written completely OOC. The stupid wink wink there might be threesomes but we’ll never tell you so it’s not canon and etc. I just want this era to be over. And now you got a bunch of hot mess outfits for a stupid gala. Give me a break.

I’m counting on Simon Spurrier and Robert Quinn to give me something great cause they really need to save this run.

It’s a shame cause I love Gerry Duggan but whatever plot points Hickman is making him do.. just doesn’t work.

Let’s not to mention Hickman and his handling of Sunspot. Putting him with an alien bird? Really.

Anyway. I hope Guggenheim and Bunn get to do some stuff soon. Also, can they put Todd Nauck back on a book? Please?
    X-Men Gold by Guggenheim was to me like reading one of those 'X-Men Adventures-style' comics that adapted stories from the cartoon that adapted stories from the comic. A rehash of a rehash where the art and stories aped the original source but never came anywhere close to it. Still those takes on the characters feel miles closer to the characters I knew and loved for decades than the Hickman era, and that was following all the failings and changes to characters that flowed from Morrison to Bendis. I came to like Emma Frost in the 90's but from Morrison on she's basically been Catherine Tramell, the character Sharon Stone played in the film Basic Instinct. She now too often comes off as needlessly vulgar to me. And don't get me started on the Iceman retcon which I will never believe...

X-Men Blue by Bunn... I started off liking the 'Time-Displaced 05' but as they wore out their welcome the appeal wore off. Bunn actually made me enjoy them again, something I didn't think was even possible, which speaks volumes about both his skill as a writer and his regard for the characters in his care. Bunn's one of a handful of 'modern' comic writers that I feel holds himself to the standards I grew up with in comics in regards to telling good stories true the the characters in his care, at lest to the extent editorial would allow.

HOX/POX era feels like as much an alternate timeline/universe as Age of Apocalypse did, only one trying very hard to pass itself off as the genuine article.

Put Todd Nauck back on a book? Yes please!
    Last edited by Icefanatic; 03-20-2021 at 05:57 AM. Reason: typo

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

*awkward Crissie Teagin smiling gif*
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Yeah, let's judge a entire era on the worst book it had.

bunn's uncanny and Old Man Logan were pretty good
    The era was really bad. A few highlights doesn’t negate how awful the rest of the run was.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    The era was really bad. A few highlights doesn’t negate how awful the rest of the run was.
    How I feel about the current stuff.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    How I feel about the current stuff.
    I feel the same.

I don't think it is a few highlights, even because there were fewer books being published