Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It seems that Ewing had certain ideas and Knull has been a bad fit for them.

Like, why the hell an alien invasion makes Magneto reconsider "Kill no human".
    Likely at it's core Knull was a problem brought on by humans, Eddy brock and Co, & resulted in mutant deaths I understand it. Besides it's a stupid rule anyway if someone tries to kill you all bets are off at that point.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

God this book is wonderful. The pacing, the dialogues, the use of continuity, the characters (Joanna, Eden and Hope are particular stand-outs this month), the art and the colouring are just amazing. I don't think Schiti and Gracia get nearly enough credit, as far as I'm concerned they're fast-approaching A+ class up there with Russell Dauterman and Pepe Larraz.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Likely at it's core Knull was a problem brought on by humans, Eddy brock and Co, & resulted in mutant deaths I understand it. Besides it's a stupid rule anyway if someone tries to kill you all bets are off at that point.
    Erik wants the rule relaxed to add the danger back into his sessions with Briar Raleigh.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    After watching what Manifold was able to do I think he should be raised to Omega level. To think there might be someone with that power set that is even stronger is to me a scary thought.
    We have already seen stronger versions of Manifold that were created by the Builders in Avengers/New Avengers that were capable of working across the multiverse and not just consigned to their home universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    The art and the colouring are just amazing. I don't think Schiti and Gracia get nearly enough credit, as far as I'm concerned they're fast-approaching A+ class up there with Russell Dauterman and Pepe Larraz.
    Agreed. Al Ewing is killing it, but the art doesn't get anywhere near enough credit.

Spectacular Member

in regards to brand and hope, hope's point is also that due to brand trying to keep all this shit secretive has them having to make this just a half measure. if brand had come clean and talked with the quiet council about it, the whole process probably would have been faster, and as noted they only have some of the DNA samples rather than everyone, which im gonna guess is due to brand getting them by herself rather than something that she was given by krakoa. also they didn't know about the plan, so its understandable they would be suspicious as fuck to some former villain breaking into the hatchery with a tank to take them away, whereas if this was communicated they wouldn't have had to waste time confronting mentalo.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitan View Post
    Anyone get any type of clue from that last data page? Thought this worked great as a team book. This is one of my favorite X-titles of the current run.
    Whatever killed the Snark alien in the previous issue is heading towards the Sol system and Amelia is involved somehow. I don't know if it's relevant but the phrase "burning heart" was in the bracket tags at the bottom of the page.

It was Cortez' power display in the second issue that made Magneto reconsider him, not the alien invasion. I also suspect that not everything is as it seems with that meeting, I think Mags might be trying to set up Cortez somehow.

The first issue of this was really really good. I'm also sure the quality of the next three issues were up to Ewing's usual excellent quality because he is great at big casts and cosmic issues.

However it feels very silly that this book has had 4 issues total and 3 of them have been a tie-in to a Venom event.

So, the murder that is in the upcoming solicits...

Did anyone else find themselves thinking that it will be Fabian's?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Great issue. Loved Frenzy's moment to shine. Cortez at the bottom of the resurrection queue, as he should be.
    I love that she referenced Age of X and Cable being a 'stepson' in regard to her feelings for Cyclops. Who knows this may be explored later.Though I kind of don't get her concept of 'hurt' ..if she can't be hurt , how does she know what she is dishing out fits the definition?.All said great issue the bodyslide chase was great.Hope we can get this kind of moment in future movies of two teleporters fighting

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    in regards to brand and hope, hope's point is also that due to brand trying to keep all this shit secretive has them having to make this just a half measure. if brand had come clean and talked with the quiet council about it, the whole process probably would have been faster, and as noted they only have some of the DNA samples rather than everyone, which im gonna guess is due to brand getting them by herself rather than something that she was given by krakoa. also they didn't know about the plan, so its understandable they would be suspicious as fuck to some former villain breaking into the hatchery with a tank to take them away, whereas if this was communicated they wouldn't have had to waste time confronting mentalo.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Sinister is selling his skills and gene samples to the highest bidder, either to 1.Screw with Krakoa( most likely) or 2.Have a stake or dividend with other powerful groups of which S.W.O.R.D would be just one of other powerful human factions who would gladly gain a break in the biological /genetic arms race we now have with CoV ,Krakoa and whoever else made this Faustian deal with Sinister.I mean Sinister is not mentioned specifically as being in an alliance with Abigail ,but if life 9 treachery is any clue, he must be the go to guy

Didn't enjoy this issue as much. Sometimes the heroes actually having to defeat the villain - especially one as rote and one-dimensional as Knull - is a bit like a bureaucratic function. Like watching them do filing or fill out their time sheets. At least now King Of Black is over now and this can just become a new TPB where you struggle to remember the details of the lame event it crosses over with (e.g. Ultimates having both Civil War 2 and Secret Empire bits for you to not care about amid a much more interesting story than either).

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    So, the murder that is in the upcoming solicits...

Did anyone else find themselves thinking that it will be Fabian's?
    Isn't he just being resurrected as per this issue's last page though?

Maybe I’m remembering it wrong, but I didn’t necessarily think that it was Knull that made Magneto reconsider, I thought it was more to do with the alluded conversation Cortez and Mags had in issue two.

I thought this was probably the weakest issue of the run so far, but was fun nonetheless.

I really felt the derailment this issue from the Knull event. It was a decent issue which is still big kudos to Ewing for making such a boring event somewhat engaging but I liked the previous one's better.

That said Manifold using a piece of the sun to take down Symboite-Cable was pretty cool. Also nice to see Frenzy get a moment to shine.

Otherwise, I felt like this event didn't lead up to much and I wish they'd let Ewing more time to breathe to set up the story before being sucked into this.