Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spectacular Member

I think manifold isn't considered an omega since he's still limited to within his own universe, outside of it he can't do anything I believe? like if he gets dropped into an alternate universe or pocket dimension, I think he'll lose the ability to contact the universe to do stuff for him.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I had no idea Eden was that awesome, I usually think teleportering is a boring power but he did not disappoint. MVP of this issue indeed.

Also how the hell is he NOT omega if he can all that? Teleporting the sun sounds pretty omega to me and whose the omega teleporter, is it Magik?
    Omega isn't so much 'unlimited or near-unlimited potential' anymore. Now, it seems only the single most powerful holder of a powerset gets to be omega with only one exception. I suppose if Magik dies someone else becomes the 'teleportation omega mutant' but until then she has the crown since she can also teleport through time.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Omega isn't so much 'unlimited or near-unlimited potential' anymore. Now, it seems only the single most powerful holder of a powerset gets to be omega with only one exception. I suppose if Magik dies someone else becomes the 'teleportation omega mutant' but until then she has the crown since she can also teleport through time.
    nah, if that was the case then there should be a whole lot more omegas, like that would mean there is an omega for each kind of power. also that would mean there should only be 1 omega for each kind of power yet we have jean and quentin for telepathy on top of proteus and jamie for reality warping, and jamie is clearly better than proteus. oh and pretty sure magik isn't counted as an omega.

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    nah, if that was the case then there should be a whole lot more omegas, like that would mean there is an omega for each kind of power. also that would mean there should only be 1 omega for each kind of power yet we have jean and quentin for telepathy on top of proteus and jamie for reality warping, and jamie is clearly better than proteus. oh and pretty sure magik isn't counted as an omega.
    While the power is also needed, it still seems limited to just one now, with the sole exception of telepathy. So as long as we can find one mutant who can do teleportation feats Manifold cannot, he won't qualify as omega under the current classification system - even though you are correct in that no teleporter is currently listed as one.

I think its a poor way to classify things myself, but I don't make the call there. Hickman does.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Am I the only one still waiting for Quire to do something in the pages that definitely indicates that he is actually an Omega-level mutant?
    Last edited by Micabe; 03-22-2021 at 05:21 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Am I the only one still waiting for Quire to do something in the pages that definitely indicates that he is actually an Omega-level mutant?
    He did once use telepathy (and power-enhancing drugs) to make most of the student body at Xaviers riot and attempt to kill human visitors. It took one of the Cuckoos enhancing her own telepathy with Cerebro *and killing herself* to override his commands.

But this was a long time ago, and the Cuckoo, who, even *before this*, called him 'gross,' is apparently now in lurve with his woob-ness. Back from when he was just a telepath even, and disowned by his parents, before he mysteriously also became telekinetic, a Phoenix host, and spontaneously rich, for some reason that must involve money fairies and sold souls.

Omega still is unlimited power potential, that is why Quentin is a omega telepath

Yes it is. If a character has a measurable upper limit then they cant be omega as that negates the unlimited potential

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I had no idea Eden was that awesome, I usually think teleportering is a boring power but he did not disappoint. MVP of this issue indeed.

Also how the hell is he NOT omega if he can all that? Teleporting the sun sounds pretty omega to me and whose the omega teleporter, is it Magik?
    If Magik was an omega for teleportation, she would have been listed as such. Xavier is the one that made the list and considering he has access to Magik, it doesnt seem like it would make sense for him to exclude her if he considered her one.

While the power is also needed, it still seems limited to just one now, with the sole exception of telepathy. So as long as we can find one mutant who can do teleportation feats Manifold cannot, he won't qualify as omega under the current classification system - even though you are correct in that no teleporter is currently listed as one.

I think its a poor way to classify things myself, but I don't make the call there. Hickman does.
    There's like 3 different omegas for reality manipulation
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-22-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    He seems to have the ability to die like an Omega. Really, is there any upper limit to the number of times we’ll see this guy bite it?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    He seems to have the ability to die like an Omega. Really, is there any upper limit to the number of times we’ll see this guy bite it?
    He just idolizes Jeansus, even though the punk won't ever admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by zvrk View Post
    He just idolizes Jeansus, even though the punk won't ever admit it.

That era when Quentin thought he had a chance with Jean Grey

Ugh Aaron's writing. Let it burn.

Ultimate Member

nah, if that was the case then there should be a whole lot more omegas, like that would mean there is an omega for each kind of power.
    Hence my snark about Beak being the 'Omega' at 'looking like a half-plucked chicken,' because he's the best at it.

This whole Omega thing was always silly peen-measuring nonsense, and it's just made the jump past ludicrous speed and gone straight to plaid.

I think manifold isn't considered an omega since he's still limited to within his own universe, outside of it he can't do anything I believe? like if he gets dropped into an alternate universe or pocket dimension, I think he'll lose the ability to contact the universe to do stuff for him.
    That or if he has to really ask the universe and doesn't have complete control over his power. Meaning if the universe just told him no he won't be able to do anything. That's a handicap none of the other omegas have.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    That or if he has to really ask the universe and doesn't have complete control over his power. Meaning if the universe just told him no he won't be able to do anything. That's a handicap none of the other omegas have.
    I think he can teleport at will, it's just with more complicated things he asks the universe to assist him. Such as giving him a piece of the sun. But think about what else he can ask the universe for. Hey can you move this galaxy for me, can you make this sun go supernova, can you create a black hole for me, the possibilities are endless. And it appears he and the universe have a great relationship with each other. Sort of like Doug and Krakoa but on a universal scale. I think Manifold is quite powerful in his own right.