Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    So what is the overall goal of the gala exactly? Is it to foster cooperation and build bridges/patch up frayed relations with supposed allies of the past. Or is it to intimidate, show power and strength and send a not so subtle message of mutant prowess? I can just imagine Emma, Charles, Erik and the rest trying to intimidate Wakanda or Latveria and T'challa and Doom just eyeing each other and smirking. Ain't no way is Krakoa flexing on Wakanda or Latveria. But it will be interesting to see all the power moves that each side tries to make. And T'challa better be rocking some advanced futuristic Wakandan panther outfit.
    Both goals. Characters like Magneto, Emma and Xavier will want to intimidate, while characters like Cyclops, Storm, Jean will be looking to foster cooperation.

But I think the Gala's main goal is to show the XMEN in charge to fit the theme of the current cycle (RISE OF X), and to set up the eventual downfall to come down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    But I think the Gala's main goal is to show the XMEN in charge to fit the theme of the current cycle (RISE OF X), and to set up the eventual downfall to come down the road.
    Its Reign of X

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why? If you are gonna compre it to XOS and Tini's involvement in terms of Excalibur, Bishop shouldnt be expected in this anymore than Gambit was in that event. Duggan rarely uses Bishop in his main book. This event has only given him the opportunities to use characters he typically doesnt have in his playhouse
    I really don't know why even given Duggan a event

Mighty Member

Its Reign of X.
    Thanks. My bad.

I really don't know why even given Duggan a event.
    I'm surprised considering how well he dealt with a team in Uncanny Avengers. Rogue was the lead but all other characters got love too.

With that said, I do believe every major writer under Hickman should get an event. It allow other writers to show what they got, while giving Hickman room to breathe.

Thanks. My bad.

I'm surprised considering how well he dealt with a team in Uncanny Avengers. Rogue was the lead but all other characters got love too.

With that said, I do believe every major writer under Hickman should get an event. It allow other writers to show what they got, while giving Hickman room to breathe.
    I disagree, Hickman is too slow to movie stories. X of sowords from him and tini was awful.

Duggan books have been bad and he get a event that probably will be bad too? That is wrong

Both goals. Characters like Magneto, Emma and Xavier will want to intimidate, while characters like Cyclops, Storm, Jean will be looking to foster cooperation.

The downfall wouldn't make sense since they are still facing eventual war and termination from Nimrod and coming doom.
    I think this is just a set up of a new X-VERSE, the deserve it without being downgraded to running through alleys.

Why? If you are gonna compre it to XOS and Tini's involvement in terms of Excalibur, Bishop shouldnt be expected in this anymore than Gambit was in that event. Duggan rarely uses Bishop in his main book. This event has only given him the opportunities to use characters he typically doesnt have in his playhouse
    Because Bishop is an active member of the Hellfire. He's supposed to be the Red something or other, but we've probably all forgotten because it's been so long. I'm saying it would make sense for him to be part of it, but I NEVER SAID IT WAS REQUIRED. What is your problem, honestly? Do you just like to disagree with everything??

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Because Bishop is an active member of the Hellfire. He's supposed to be the Red something or other, but we've probably all forgotten because it's been so long. I'm saying it would make sense for him to be part of it, but I NEVER SAID IT WAS REQUIRED. What is your problem, honestly? Do you just like to disagree with everything??
    Why so defensive? I dont have a problem. Im good. Just clarifying the main focal point of this event as has been presented to us so far which again is the debut of the new X-men team and planet size status quo. So far Bishop isnt suggested to factor in to any of those, so I'll be surprised if he does

Why so defensive? I dont have a problem. Im good. Just clarifying the main focal point of this event as has been presented to us so far which again is the debut of the new X-men team and planet size status quo. So far Bishop isnt suggested to factor in to any of those, so I'll be surprised if he does
    Because I always see you haranguing people to explain their opinions to you. They're just opinions. I even tried to make a bunch of concessions about my original statement, but I shouldn't have even bothered.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

They better justify why this needed 12 issues. Also I'm not seeing Laura or Everett.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    They better justify why this needed 12 issues. Also I'm not seeing Laura or Everett.
    I think it'll be fine. Only 4 issues will be required reading. The other 8 will showcase what the other characters are doing during it, which I guess is better than simply seeing them do cameo work in background panels

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

With the exception of the P-S:X-M variant and the Marauders 21...I'm a smidge disappointed by the regular covers.
    That said...as with XoS...I will only buy the six books I'm currently reading and enjoying plus the PSXM one shot.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    As with XoS...I'm thinking some titles will focus on the Gala proceedings while others would only "tie-in" tangentially.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As with XoS...I'm thinking some titles will focus on the Gala proceedings while others would only "tie-in" tangentially.
    If it goes like XOS, they’ll have six issues of people getting dressed for the gala, four issues of people dancing and discussing the hors d’oeuvres and two where something happens.

It's not a sequential crossover. It's 12 different stories set at the same night. You can just follow the same titles you're already picking up

Think of the "Original Sin" crossover where multiple books had some storyline about a secret from the past being revealed but none of them were related to eachother or even the main mini