Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    BANNED

I have no interest in seeing Cable on the X-Men squad, he's way better off on his own. I also am not interested in Storm being there, she's needs something fresh to do. I was under the impression the team would have a representative from each corner of Krakoa.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I wonder if Banshee and Sunspot might get outfit previews too just to keep up the idea that they might have been voted? They still had the most fighting chance of the characters, judging by the early results. So even if they might only appear in them in some backrounds it would be make sense to try and keep the fan vote winner a mystery that way.
    I think the only reason Lorna is featured on the cover of X-Factor is because she's basically the only one amongst the election candidates who has a main role in a book. I know Forge, Boom Boom and others also appear but they don't really have as big a role as Lorna does in X-Factor. In other words, she appeared on a cover and the others did not because she's a regular in that book, whereas the others are minor supporting characters at best. I don't see it as an indication about the outcome of the election one way or another.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    I have no interest in seeing Cable on the X-Men squad, he's way better off on his own. I also am not interested in Storm being there, she's needs something fresh to do. I was under the impression the team would have a representative from each corner of Krakoa.
    As much as i would like to forget them, it would also make little sense not to have someone from the Arraki on the team, considering that they outnumber the Krakoans, have little cultural or social connection too them, but are still included as voters.

So unless the writers try to stretch logic a bit and have them vote for a Krakoan who highly surprised them during Ten of Swords, it would make sense they would primarily vote for one of their own. Unless they had zero interest in having anyone on the X-men and just collectively skipped it.

Agree on both, even if it is Adult Cable. Storm needs to lead a team, not be under someone leadership.

it is right, each corner get a to choose a representative

I have interest in seeing Cable, the grown up version, in X-Men... or anywhere honestly. Been gone too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Agree on both, even if it is Adult Cable. Storm needs to lead a team, not be under someone leadership.

it is right, each corner get a to choose a representative
    Who says Cable wouldn't follow Storm's leadership? He respects her, and he's followed both Gambit and Rogue before as leaders of X-men teams he was on. And Rogue also led the Uncanny Avengers Unity Squad he was on too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I have interest in seeing Cable, the grown up version, in X-Men... or anywhere honestly. Been gone too long.

Who says Cable wouldn't follow Storm's leadership? He respects her, and he's followed both Gambit and Rogue before as leaders of X-men teams he was on. And Rogue also led the Uncanny Avengers Unity Squad he was on too.
    I'm all for Cable returning and being part of Krakoa. As far as leadership, I think the point being made is that clearly Cyclops will be leading this team and Storm doesn't need to be under that thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

Well he can be on her new team

I think you mixed what i wrote, I just said that Storm should lead a team and x-men are already lead by Scott.

Ah. Sorry. Misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    D-list out-of-universe doesn't necessarily mean D-list in-universe... (although many creators seem to think the opposite)
    Yeah, I was about to say this too. That arguments in-universe could be made for characters we consider to be unknowns to actually be much more popular and recognized in-universe. Dazzler is one of the less known mutants, but in-universe her status as a singer might mean almost everyone knows her.

I'd add (unless this is what you meant in the first place) that many creators and editors seem to like pretending their perception of a character as being D-list makes it so.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think the only reason Lorna is featured on the cover of X-Factor is because she's basically the only one amongst the election candidates who has a main role in a book. I know Forge, Boom Boom and others also appear but they don't really have as big a role as Lorna does in X-Factor. In other words, she appeared on a cover and the others did not because she's a regular in that book, whereas the others are minor supporting characters at best. I don't see it as an indication about the outcome of the election one way or another.
    X-Factor also seems to heavily rely on using Lorna to spread awareness of its existence.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Yeah, I was about to say this too. That arguments in-universe could be made for characters we consider to be unknowns to actually be much more popular and recognized in-universe. Dazzler is one of the less known mutants, but in-universe her status as a singer might mean almost everyone knows her.
    Which is one reason some of the choices for the fan vote were odd, in my opinion at least, because they should be unknowns among the mutants of Krakoa. Especialy since most of identitiless Krakoans are either cloned Genosha victims or mutants who's powers should have only manifested like a few week or months ago at best (seeing how only a few months ago the mutants were once again on the brink of extinction with a few hundred mutants at best).

Though the first Children of the Atom issue seems to throw all possible in universe fame into chaos, given that somehow Maggot seems to have become famous all of a sudden.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-19-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Which is one reason some of the choices for the fan vote were odd, in my opinion at least, because they should be unknowns among the mutants of Krakoa. Especialy since most of identitiless Krakoans are either cloned Genosha victims or mutants who's powers should have only manifested like a few week or months ago at best (seeing how only a few months ago the mutants were once again on the brink of extinction with a few hundred mutants at best).

Though the first Children of the Atom issue seems to throw all possible in universe fame into chaos, given that somehow Maggot seems to have become famous all of a sudden.
    He is famous among the fans of the X-Men, they have a forum with information about the Hell's Belles, that for sure few people in MU know of the existence

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I feel like it's just the opposite... Like, obviously most are gonna vote for famous people? People they know and admire? Like, how would a d-list rando that most people of Krakoa wouldn't know, gain a lot of votes? Either way I doubt it's just gonna be A-Lists anyway.
    No, I mean the idea that the higher ups are the only ones voting on the new team members

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Looks like Jean, Ororo, Rogue, Lorna and Magik are the only ones who made an effort

Daken is overdressed, Colossus looks like a Russian parody, and of course Kwannon is wearing Betsy's signature colors. Copycat! Don't get me started on Betsy herself...
    Dauterman and Larraz was going to elevate Lorna's outfit SO MUCH, whoever the artist on that cover does not do her or anyone on that cover justice, outside of Prodigy and Eyeboy.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I wish Phantasia sans helmet-wig!

Attachment 107475
    God I wish Phantasia was a more recognizable X-men villian preferably for Storm.

I'm all for Cable returning and being part of Krakoa. As far as leadership, I think the point being made is that clearly Cyclops will be leading this team and Storm doesn't need to be under that thumb.
    This is unintentionally hilarious, Jean and Scott are supposed to be leading this team but writers often tend to focus more on the male POV than females so while I expect Jean to have moments this is absolutely a Scott driven vehicle....
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 03-19-2021 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

I'd add (unless this is what you meant in the first place) that many creators and editors seem to like pretending their perception of a character as being D-list makes it so.
    Dazzler and Lila Cheney are exceptions because they're celebrities. But outside of celebrities (and I guess some other rich influential mutants), A-List X-Men should be the most popular people in Krakoa that would have fans to vote for them.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Finally caught up on all the solicits, and I'm firmly convinced this entire thing is a thinly veiled attempt at a "RuPaul's Drag Race" themed event for Pride Month.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES