Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Being on the cover of X-Men does not mean Apocalypse is back. The cover is looking back, not forward.

does anyone know where the descriptions of the issues are? I saw it on one twitter post that linked a website but now i cant find it.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

What does the Red issues mean? I must have missed this as this is the first I hear about Red issues. Can someone bring me up to date?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    does anyone know where the descriptions of the issues are? I saw it on one twitter post that linked a website but now i cant find it.
    Linked on the first post: https://comicbookdispatch.com/x-men-...hellfire-gala/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    What does the Red issues mean? I must have missed this as this is the first I hear about Red issues. Can someone bring me up to date?
    They are the four most important issues to get out of all 12 (or 13?).

I think HofX/XofSwords had 4 red issues as well.

Planet Sized is the most important issue of all, and it's safe to assume XMEN (w the new team announcement) will be one as well.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    The Red issues signify importance basically. You can keep track of what's Red every month (if anything) at the end of every mutant book, although we usually have Red issues every few months to coincide with special events. For example a few months ago during X of Swords, the 3 ones shots Creation, Stasis and Destruction were Red, meaning essential reading.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Thanks for making me understand
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    The Red issues signify importance basically. You can keep track of what's Red every month (if anything) at the end of every mutant book, although we usually have Red issues every few months to coincide with special events. For example a few months ago during X of Swords, the 3 ones shots Creation, Stasis and Destruction were Red, meaning essential reading.
    Only Creation was Red. Stasis and Destruction were blue, whatever that means

Mighty Member

I think blue means that it was verified on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Thank you.

So we got Stephen Segovia on Hellions. Thats always good.

Marauders get Matteo Lolli back and also John Bolton (he drew those awesome scenes with Sebastian Stan and Lourdes Chantel way back in the day)

X-Forceh has Joshua Cassara. He can do no wrong in my book.

Excalibur has Marcos To. I'm a little worried about this issue.

X-Men is the jam issue. Russell Dauterman, Nick Dragotta, Sara Pichelli, and Lukas Werneck. This will be so good.

New Mutants has Alex Lins. Never heard of this artist but hopefully give off Reis vibes.

Planet Size X-Men has the epic Pepe Larraz.

X-Corps with Alberto Foche. Not bad but not my cup of tea.

SWORD with the awesoem Valerio Schiti.

Way of X with art by Bob Quinn. Not bad just not my cup of tea.

Wolverine is going to have Scot Eaton. I think he's from Mike Careys run.

And of course David Baldeon on X-Factor.

I hope the artist bring their A game for their issues because when this is released in hardcover I want to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Where do you get that its centered around the Maraurders? The main draw for this event is the debut of new X-men team and shakeup in the status quo that we will learn about in Planet Size X-men
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    and most of Excalibur took a backseat in XoS outside of Apocalypse and Betsy.
    I think the Tini Howard/Excalibur/XoS comparison is apt. Excalibur didn't end up being the focus, but it was pretty much an X-Men-Hickman/Excalibur-Howard event. Both of those titles laid out the groundwork and Saturnyne, Otherworld, and magic are all Excalibur "things".

Marauders is the only book that deals with everything Hellfire and it is the book where Emma is a protagonist. Combine that with Gerry Duggan spearheading the event... to me it is very much an event sprouting out of this title where the groundwork was laid out. It doesn't mean the Marauders themselves will be a main focus, but it would make sense for Bishop to actually be a part of it compared to Eyeboy or Colossus. Anyway, I was just saying something really quickly. Maybe "centered" was not the right word.
    Last edited by superjosh; 03-17-2021 at 04:00 PM.

The only cover that matters! Illyana's floating horns topping a black catsuit with free-flowing white train? Four of the most powerful X-Women in couture looking down on us? We're not worthy, mistresses!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Mighty Member

^^ The problem is both those team books only focus on one/two people max.

Excalibur/XofSwords was about Apocalypse and Betsy.

Marauders is about Emma and Kate technically. Sadly Bishop is to that book what Gambit and Rogue are to Excalibur.

So even thought the events are "led" by writers of said books, most of the characters get nothing to do.

I wonder what other X-books will get an event eventually? I think Hickman might push this since it allows others time to shine while giving him less work to do haha.

I guess SWORD will eventually, and maybe XFORCE and New Mutants? At least in these team books the whole team gets something.

Mighty Member

So what is the overall goal of the gala exactly? Is it to foster cooperation and build bridges/patch up frayed relations with supposed allies of the past. Or is it to intimidate, show power and strength and send a not so subtle message of mutant prowess? I can just imagine Emma, Charles, Erik and the rest trying to intimidate Wakanda or Latveria and T'challa and Doom just eyeing each other and smirking. Ain't no way is Krakoa flexing on Wakanda or Latveria. But it will be interesting to see all the power moves that each side tries to make. And T'challa better be rocking some advanced futuristic Wakandan panther outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I think the Tini Howard/Excalibur/XoS comparison is apt. Excalibur didn't end up being the focus, but it was pretty much an X-Men-Hickman/Excalibur-Howard event. Both of those titles laid out the groundwork and Saturnyne, Otherworld, and magic are all Excalibur "things".

Marauders is the only book that deals with everything Hellfire and it is the book where Emma is a protagonist. Combine that with Gerry Duggan spearheading the event... to me it is very much an event sprouting out of this title where the groundwork was laid out. It doesn't mean the Marauders themselves will be a main focus, but it would make sense for Bishop to actually be a part of it compared to Eyeboy or Colossus. Anyway, I was just saying something really quickly. Maybe "centered" was not the right word.
    Why? If you are gonna compre it to XOS and Tini's involvement in terms of Excalibur, Bishop shouldnt be expected in this anymore than Gambit was in that event. Duggan rarely uses Bishop in his main book. This event has only given him the opportunities to use characters he typically doesnt have in his playhouse
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-17-2021 at 04:15 PM.