Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    If it goes like XOS, they’ll have six issues of people getting dressed for the gala, four issues of people dancing and discussing the hors d’oeuvres and two where something happens.
    LOL...I honestly could see this

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    It's not a sequential crossover. It's 12 different stories set at the same night. You can just follow the same titles you're already picking up

Think of the "Original Sin" crossover where multiple books had some storyline about a secret from the past being revealed but none of them were related to eachother or even the main mini
    Yupp...this.

I get the covers are showing individual "snap shot" moments within the Gala proceedings as per the premise but I do wish they would have stuck to a Fashion Magazine spread look and feel for the respective covers. Something similar to the Vogue Anniversary/Celebration fold out covers.
    Sigh...Those Dauterman variants really set the bar high. (This is the first time since the X-Men #10 Cat-variant cover that I'm seriously contemplating getting the variants instead of the regular covers).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    The best covers, which weren't shared here:

And there's one for New Mutants, but whatever. Pepe is killing as usual.
    Add Kwannon and these are THE X-Women to me. This Planet-Size cover is everything. Just missing Fun Betsy/Kwannon.

Also, is Kurt drinking with little Pixie? What the hell?
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 03-17-2021 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp...this.
    I get the covers are showing individual "snap shot" moments within the Gala proceedings as per the premise but I do wish they would have stuck to a Fashion Magazine spread look and feel for the respective covers. Something similar to the Vogue Anniversary/Celebration fold out covers.
    Sigh...Those Dauterman variants really set the bar high. (This is the first time since the X-Men #10 Cat-variant cover that I'm seriously contemplating getting the variants instead of the regular covers).
    If I were buying floppy single issues, I'd probably buy the variants, too. I just hope the cover to the trade [if the story is really good enough for me to buy the physical tpb] is that awesome Planet-Size cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It looks like Spurrier is the only creator who remembers Pixie should be an adult by now.
    "Cable was right!"

If it goes like XOS, they’ll have six issues of people getting dressed for the gala, four issues of people dancing and discussing the hors d’oeuvres and two where something happens.
    Haha you’re right, but also I wouldn’t mind.

... but I do wish they would have stuck to a Fashion Magazine spread look and feel for the respective covers. Something similar to the Vogue Anniversary/Celebration fold out covers.
    Yeah that would have been inspired. Comics are rarely that inspired though.

Do you mean the Vanity Fair Annual Hollywood issues? I’d go with connecting covers rather than gatefold. That would be amazing! And such a throwback to Jim Lee’s X-Men #1!!

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Haha you’re right, but also I wouldn’t mind.

Yeah that would have been inspired. Comics are rarely that inspired though.

Do you mean the Vanity Fair Annual Hollywood issues? I’d go with connecting covers rather than gatefold. That would be amazing! And such a throwback to Jim Lee’s X-Men #1!!
    Exactatiously what I was thinking...on both counts. (I have the connecting covers as well as the gate fold cover for X-Men #1)

And if they were all done by one artist...Larraz, Silva or Dauterman...I would definitely get all 12 titles that month.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-17-2021 at 06:44 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Also, is Kurt drinking with little Pixie? What the hell?
    Pixie was established as being over 18 way back in Fraction's run. I don't know if she is 21 yet but the drinking age is lower in a whole lot of countries, and I'll bet Krakoa is in that category.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Dont forget where one randomly burns a bridge with a close friend because there's not enough time before the gala to get their outfit made and then they get back and wait for a full week since they're basically the first one ready

Exactatiously what I was thinking...on both counts. (I have the connecting covers as well as the gate fold cover for X-Men #1)

And if they were all done by one artist...Larraz, Silva or Dauterman...I would definitely get all 12 titles that month.
    YES I haven’t bought physical issues in years, but this would be worth it! I’d hang them up!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I like all the X-Factor looks, actually. That cover is pretty great. I'm also a fan of the Wolverine cover. Who is that fierce ass bald bitch?
    Amanda Mueller with a shave
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

And about that X-Men 21 cover...
    Everyone else looks HFG-au currant, and he's just there looking like a sad rental tux from 1976.

And about that X-Men 21 cover...
    Everyone else looks HFG-au currant, and he's just there looking like a sad rental tux from 1976.
    Yeah Leinil Yu must have gotten the memo late. That cover coulda been sweet. We haven't seen Magneto or Mystique's lewks yet!! (Apocalypse would probably have to be removed haha.)

It's probably (hopefully) just a place-holder cover. The actual cover could be (hopefully) the full new X-Men reveal.

It's probably (hopefully) just a place-holder cover. The actual cover could be (hopefully) the full new X-Men reveal.
    Yeah it just looks like an unused cover from House of X. Apocalypse doesn't even have his -[A]- robes.

But usually when they do that, they just don't release a cover...