Krakoa is for lovers Blackphoenix's Avatar

Question Why did we stop doing Art Jams/Draw me an X?

The art jams/Draw me an X was the main thing drawing me to these forums (and yes, pun intended). But as far as I can tell, we haven't done anything like that in over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackphoenix View Post
    The art jams/Draw me an X was the main thing drawing me to these forums (and yes, pun intended). But as far as I can tell, we haven't done anything like that in over a year.
    I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday.

No idea, especially since there seems to be a lot of people hear who draw. I suspect whoever coordinated it no longer posts. Things like that usually require someone to put it together
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

What is this... like someone makes a request and someone volunteers to draw? If that's the case , I'll give it a go. I've been trying to get back in the art game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    What is this... like someone makes a request and someone volunteers to draw? If that's the case , I'll give it a go. I've been trying to get back in the art game again.
    A member would post a theme. Then you would pick a number. The original poster would then assign you a character based on the number you chose. The number was on a list they kept private. Then it was your job to draw that character according to theme.

I participated once, I was assigned Lockheed. The theme was Disney. So I drew Lockheed in Stitch’s prison outfit.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

why don't you throw a thread up yourself? I think it was a lot of work, and the member who did them probably left.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    For reference of past Draw Me An X Jams...
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Jam-II-Rule-63
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...House-Of-Mouse

As inconsistent as I was in participating in the jams, the were the main reason I visit these boards. There was a lot of creativity and fun in those jams. I noticed that when the boards got reset years ago with Ellen Ripley philosophy of "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure!", we lost a lot of the creatives that participated in the jams. Over the years as much as the organizers tried (Pryde15, Justin K, R.E.B., just to name a few), participation and interest faded due to various reasons.

I would love for the jams to continue and hopefully either lure back or inspire more members to be creative and most importantly, to have fun. In other words, as former member Come to Deathstrike once stated, "Draw me things."