Mighty Member

Default Clone Wars Season 5

Watching this great show and one of the best parts of the show is the Anakin/Ahsoka relationship. I've enjoyed seeing her develop and Anakin taking her on as a padawan. I think with those two, it's a love story of sorts in that he looks out for her and she doesn't want to leave his side. Episode 20 of season 5 really hits you in the gut with her being expelled from the order. The very last scene with Anakin telling Ahoska that he understands her leaving the order is heartbreaking. And it's a ket signpost for the two of them having come a long way, in that he didn't even want her as a padawan in the beginning.

iMan 42s

The show doesn't find its footing with Ahsoka until much later. She works a lot better once she's able to do ****. By that point as well the writing is significantly better coupled with better animation that makes Ahsoka leaving the order work. Getting here has its ups and downs however. The show getting here is fucking intolerable at points but it's the culmination of her journey that is a big highlight of the character and kind of shitty that it takes this long for Ahsoka to actually work as a character.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    The show doesn't find its footing with Ahsoka until much later. She works a lot better once she's able to do ****. By that point as well the writing is significantly better coupled with better animation that makes Ahsoka leaving the order work. Getting here has its ups and downs however. The show getting here is fucking intolerable at points but it's the culmination of her journey that is a big highlight of the character and kind of shitty that it takes this long for Ahsoka to actually work as a character.
    Yeah the show does kind of drag at times. In S5 there's an arc with the younglings looking for the gemstones to create their lightsabers. It kind of works in the end especially when they encounter Hondo and he has that moment with one of the younglings giving her a look before boarding his ship. I really loved the arc with the droids after that with the commander who they keep calling a map reader. One of the things I like in the show generally is the dialogue. It's a lot more natural sounding and organic compared to say Episode II with Anakin going on about sand being coarse and rough except when he's with Padme. Hayden Christinsen tries his best to make it work, but Lucas's writing is cringe worthy at times.

Lanter is also far less monotone than Hayden is. The previous voice they used for Anakin in the original Clone Wars series (and also in several prequel-related video games I think) seemed to largely be just basing his performance on Hayden, while Lanter seems to have more freedom with his Anakin. Although sometimes his Anakin seems almost a bit too relatable-sure, it fits with Obi-Wan's fond recollections of Anakin from the OT, but not so much with the moody Anakin from the actual films.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

All respect to Hayden, but Matt Lanter is my Anakin .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Lanter is also far less monotone than Hayden is. The previous voice they used for Anakin in the original Clone Wars series (and also in several prequel-related video games I think) seemed to largely be just basing his performance on Hayden, while Lanter seems to have more freedom with his Anakin. Although sometimes his Anakin seems almost a bit too relatable-sure, it fits with Obi-Wan's fond recollections of Anakin from the OT, but not so much with the moody Anakin from the actual films.
    He does have a few moments though where he almost loses control, like when asking the guards to let him see Ahsoka. Also, there was a scene in Season 4 where he almost strangles someone. You can hear the Darth Vadar themes coming through in that moment too.

iMan 42s

I respect Lanter's take but TCW and Movie Anakin are just two different takes on him. It was kind of dunked on at the time when Season 7 came out as well. For as charming as Anakin can be during that he's about to murder children in less than a week because he can't accept a reality where his loved one is dead which is fairly ironic considering what he does with Rex. Perhaps one could view it as intentional but it's still a disconnect between the characterizations.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I respect Lanter's take but TCW and Movie Anakin are just two different takes on him. It was kind of dunked on at the time when Season 7 came out as well. For as charming as Anakin can be during that he's about to murder children in less than a week because he can't accept a reality where his loved one is dead which is fairly ironic considering what he does with Rex. Perhaps one could view it as intentional but it's still a disconnect between the characterizations.
    The Dark Side makes one forget...

To be fair in the first half hour of ROTS and Anakin's farewell to Obi-Wan we do see a far more agreeable and 'nicer' Anakin-he even seems to disagree with Palpatine on Dooku's execution and abandoning Obi-Wan. A lot of the other scenes he's back to the more pouty version.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth