Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member

Default Zack Snyder's Justice League *SPOILERS*

Just finished watching the film and have to say that it was great! I have to say that the way it was structured into chapters was the first true time that I felt like I was watching a comic book as a movie.

First thing I think its hard to compare it to the typical cbm that we have come to know because it was so deep in fantasy and mythological storytelling. I got LOTR vibes in the sense I was taken on a journey instead of just given a plot.

Almost every character had a great arc imo Arthur was the only one who didn't and that very well could have been done on purpose given his origin as told in his movie. Going into his story would have over bloated this film in a bad way.

Wonder Woman was awesome, for WW3, Patty needs to revert back to this one no question.

Cyborg arc was soooo well written, I can tell his emotions and psychological characteristics will be major discussion points on how he should be interpreted.

The Flash was good, I liked him. I'm fine with this version considering he needed to be different from the tv series version. He may not be for everyone but personally I don't see the point in having the same character interpretation in tv and movies at the same time.

Superman was good and had some good butt kicking scenes. When he met Steppenwolf and just acted like a cocky badass, I was impressed.

Batman was good but I think when you remember him from bvs you see his journey from losing faith in humanity to it being restored by Superman's sacrifice and how he has changed, his character then becomes freaking amazing! Never thought I'd say this but I want more Batflack.

Steppenwolf was way better and his motivations clear, he was in trouble with Darkseid and wanted to please him to get back in his good graces. Definitely had the best fight scenes for a single villian than any other film since MoS Zod fight.

Darkseid, how in the heck can he surpass all other villains in other cbm without even fighting the heroes? All I saw was that when he meets the JL its GOING DOWN!!!! Not joking his presence was that strong.

The epilogue sold me on any future films. Jared Leto is tge Joker we want and need!!! He had one great line after another in the span of only a few minutes. The boy wonder line had me thinking Batman was going to kill him right there because that cut deep.

Overall score 9/10. It was one of the best films (not just cbm) that I've seen in a long time. We need ZSJL2! HBO Max needs to greenlight it asap. The Snyderverse may be a perfect match for a streaming service imo.

Also, it did not feel like 4 hours at all. I think that can be attributed to how he structured it, as it felt like I was binge watching a mini series. For a comparison the LOTR films and IW both felt longer even though they had shorter run times than this film. Even though the film didn't feel like 4 hours, the reality is 4 hour films will not work consistently in theaters.

Also, I need to know is Lois pregnant? I saw a pregnancy test box in her drawer. If so, is it Clark's? My main nitpick is that the timeline of events is not clear so I don't know how long Superman has been dead at the beginning of the movie.
    Last edited by ComicJunkie21; 03-18-2021 at 05:49 AM.