Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I haven't seen it! But I saw the the top 10 biggest changes on Watch Mojo. It looks good to me. But then I sort of liked the original cut. Someone mentioned LotR's and some of the less human characters reminded me of Weta Workshop from that trilogy along with Pans Labrynth who incidentally the director of that movie was set to direct the Hobbit films. It didn't ruin anything though. Anyway, I was touched by the actual scenes and the cinematography and effects were also good. I thought I would be turned off by the 300 inspiration but I wasn't, same as last time. I don't think it took over the film. Anyway, unfortunately, it looks like I kinda spoiled the film for myself. I practically squeeled when Martian Manhunter was shown. And the battle in the sky... pretty great. Hopefully I can get to seeing the actual whole film real soon.
    I think it's the kind of film you can see clips of and still watch the whole thing later without it being ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think it's the kind of film you can see clips of and still watch the whole thing later without it being ruined.
    I'd say most of us saw the theatrical version, so we knew the story. It was the changes in how Snyder told it and the extra scenes that improved it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I'd say most of us saw the theatrical version, so we knew the story. It was the changes in how Snyder told it and the extra scenes that improved it.
    That's true. well, I don't think all changes in the Snyder cut were improvements

I didn't do a scene for scene comparison (what's the point?), but overall I did not like the Whedon version and liked the Snyder Cut. So on a grand scale, it was a big improvement.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

I didn't do a scene for scene comparison (what's the point?), but overall I did not like the Whedon version and liked the Snyder Cut. So on a grand scale, it was a big improvement.
    Ok. For me a lot of what Whedon did was awful. But IMO the heroes in Snyder's cut felt more lifeless aside from Cyborg, who overall benefitted from Snyder. Little moments, like the call backs to "Do you bleed?" in Whedon's cut were better, but many of his humorous moments were much worse than Snyder's. I liked the length of the Whedon cut because the storyline felt too thin for the 4 hour version

I don't begrudge the 4 hour length because of the format. If it was the theatrical release. I am sure they could have cut it to 3hrs (length of Endgame) and retain most of the film's essence. But the 4 hours was available to him, and since we could watch in chunks, it did not feel over long to me, a little padded, sure, but I didn't mind the length.

Ultimate Member

I don't begrudge the 4 hour length because of the format. If it was the theatrical release. I am sure they could have cut it to 3hrs (length of Endgame) and retain most of the film's essence. But the 4 hours was available to him, and since we could watch in chunks, it did not feel over long to me, a little padded, sure, but I didn't mind the length.
    I don't mind length if it engages me. But the unnecessary slow mo and lack of liveliness from most of the actors made it a real drag for me. I did watch it over several days, so maybe that helped

Amazing Member

Anybody think that Lois being there by accident when Clark was resurrected was worse than the theatrical version where it's Batman's plan to bring Lois there with the expectation that seeing Lois would trigger his memory back

Quote Originally Posted by Adam West View Post
    Anybody think that Lois being there by accident when Clark was resurrected was worse than the theatrical version where it's Batman's plan to bring Lois there with the expectation that seeing Lois would trigger his memory back
    How would Batman even know that Superman would have memory problems after resurrection?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    How would Batman even know that Superman would have memory problems after resurrection?
    I think it a little naive to think a resurrection will automatically go smooth

Ultimate Member

What did Martian Manhunter actually accomplish in this movie?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Possibly because of Ra'as Al Ghul's Lazarus pits, but even without them what would he have expected? Memory loss is far from the only situation in which Clark would need Lois after coming back. No memory loss would likely have meant he came back in the same mindset as he died in battle against Doomsday, in which case Clark would also need some comfort.

Astonishing Member

What did Martian Manhunter actually accomplish in this movie?
    Depending on the explanation given, it could be speculated upon Flash's first visit to Bruce ,several memories of the future were uploaded to him through the time rift ,but he doesn't know how to parse them.So MM being a telepath could be the one who brought out the memory of the knightmare flashforward.Though this is speculation on my part. I think he simply helped Lois with some moral support , during a difficult time and offered to join the league at the end.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Depending on the explanation given, it could be speculated upon Flash's first visit to Bruce ,several memories of the future were uploaded to him through the time rift ,but he doesn't know how to parse them.So MM being a telepath could be the one who brought out the memory of the knightmare flashforward.Though this is speculation on my part. I think he simply helped Lois with some moral support , during a difficult time and offered to join the league at the end.
    That's an interesting idea, but it would've been nice to see on screen. But why was he so invested in Lois?

Astonishing Member

That's an interesting idea, but it would've been nice to see on screen. But why was he so invested in Lois?
    In movie I noticed, the scene of the 5 planning to resurrect Superman happens before MM visits Lois, so if MM's telepathy is vast in this film, he already knew what the 5 were planning and wanted Lois to not live depressed because he knew what they were attempting and knew she was Superman's world and would be extremely vital to be around when Superman was awakened.He obviously couldn't know the future but made an intelligent guess and motivated her to go to Heroes' park because she would be needed.Again this is my speculation but with a powerful telepath like MM it is very plausible that he planted the thought in Lois to go there, maybe he even found out she was pregnant(Zack intimated that he made the scene cryptic ,but Superman responded to Lois and stopped the fight because he saw and heard that she was already pregnant) and so his role in the film saved Batman's life!Would be cool if it is revealed to be true ,making his visit to Batman at the end particularly special
    Last edited by Rev9; 04-09-2021 at 11:18 AM.