Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, I'll admit that's a big part of it.

It's Diana killing without *tactical need* that bothers me.

We see her block the bullets with less than a split second warning. She's a demi-goddess, who just proved her martial ability the entire scene. The man wasn't a threat to anyone, and killing him did more damage across the board than simply knocking him unconscious.

No one was in any danger unless Diana allowed it. So there was no need to kill him, especially in such a brutal fashion.
    Exactly. Heroes aren't justified in wantonly killing villains. And acting otherwise seems authoritarian

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    How so, when I explained the tactical situation in detail?

She's a demi Goddess with super speed, super strength and the the ability to deflect every single bullet he could fire. Given that, how was he still a threat?

Her actions were overkill to the point of cruelty, and with Snyder, par for the course.

Realism!
    Lol no you're not describing the situation. You're spinning it like a villain journo lol. " Picture the headlines...Wonder Woman needlessy kills terrorist, destroys public property and attacks cops..." Wait. What???? That's not how it happened. Lol have a good night man.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Lol no you're not describing the situation. You're spinning it like a villain journo lol. " Picture the headlines...Wonder Woman needlessy kills terrorist, destroys public property and attacks cops..." Wait. What???? That's not how it happened. Lol have a good night man.
    They didn't say anything about "attacking" cops. That's you putting your spin on the post and doing what you're accusing The Cool That Guy of doing.

However, what else in that headline would be incorrect? Did the terrorist need to be killed? Was there public property destroyed? Were there other, obvious options that would result in the terrorist being alive and no additional property damage? I think that's more to the point.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I mean, he's not entirely wrong either

This moral talk regarding the bank heist scene honestly comes across as disingenuous. No one ever goes to this extent to condemn a character or author in similar or worse contexts in other superhero movies (or movies broadly). If you think Wonder Woman is a murderer in this scene, well, congrats you have to think every member of the MCU Avengers is. I've never heard anyone call Cap a murderer for killing brain-washed Shield agents in Avengers 1 or for Iron Man massacring victimized and abused former soldiers in IM3.

It's kind of weird that these questions are only brought up towards media people are hostile too.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    This moral talk regarding the bank heist scene honestly comes across as disingenuous. No one ever goes to this extent to condemn a character or author in similar or worse contexts in other superhero movies (or movies broadly). If you think Wonder Woman is a murderer in this scene, well, congrats you have to think every member of the MCU Avengers is. I've never heard anyone call Cap a murderer for killing brain-washed Shield agents in Avengers 1 or for Iron Man massacring victimized and abused former soldiers in IM3.

It's kind of weird that these questions are only brought up towards media people are hostile too.
    Um, Cap and Iron Man were killing people who were attacking them. And I think the people Cap killed were mercenaries.

Regardless, I can't recall as of now any moment when an Avenger killed someone who was already neutralized as a threat in the MCU

There's also the intellectually dishonest reasoning that the Avengers are comparable to Superman or Wonder Woman in terms of morality. That's what is really disingenuous.

The only one that comes close is Captain America and he wasn't knocking people's heads off needlessly.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, unless I'm missing something I don't remember the Avengers murdering anyone. In fact Captain America fought for the exact opposite in Cap 2

I really liked the part where Darkseid tryd to get the green lantern Ring wonder what would happen if he got it?

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    There's also the intellectually dishonest reasoning that the Avengers are comparable to Superman or Wonder Woman in terms of morality. That's what is really disingenuous.

The only one that comes close is Captain America and he wasn't knocking people's heads off needlessly.
    I think placing Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman on a higher moral pedestal than Marvel characters is more intellectually dishonest. There are numerous examples of Superman killing in the comics. He killed Mxyzptlk while Mxy was trying to escape in "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow". He executed the Phantom Zone criminals in post-Crisis continuity. He killed Doomsday fighting him. He killed Cyborg Superman after regaining his powers at the conclusion of "Reign of the Supermen".

With Batman, he pretty much kills throughout his original feature films, doesn't bother to save Ra's al Ghul in Batman Begins, and kills Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight.

I'm not as intricately familiar with Wonder Woman's history but we know she snapped Maxwell Lord's neck. Not to mention she's a thousands-year-old Amazonian warrior.

Yeah, Snyder's interpretation is darker and more violent, something for which I myself has criticized. But I get bothered when fans act like certain characters would never ever kill, refuting what we know about their history.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    There's also the intellectually dishonest reasoning that the Avengers are comparable to Superman or Wonder Woman in terms of morality. That's what is really disingenuous.The only one that comes close is Captain America and he wasn't knocking people's heads off needlessly.
    The comic book characters and the DCEU characters are not the same (Same is true for the MCU characters btw). Also, their morality system doesn't matter. If you homicide someone, ya killed them, regardless if you thinks that's a good thing or a bad thing.

If any of you need a refresher, Iron Man has killed a lot of people and many of them were completely defenseless against him. Here's a compilation I found, that shows what I was talking about, in fact I forgot how many people IM kills in the first movie.

Except it doesn't matter, of
    Last edited by Pinsir; 03-20-2021 at 10:42 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member

Aren't all those people trying to kill him and others?

The comic book characters and the DCEU characters are not the same (Same is true for the MCU characters btw). Also, their morality system doesn't matter. If you homicide someone, ya killed them, regardless if you think you thinks that's a good thing or a bad thing.

If any of you need a refresher, Iron Man has killed a lot of people and many of them were completely defenseless against him. Here's a compilation I found, that shows what I was talking about, in fact I forgot how many people IM kills in the first movie.

Except it doesn't matter, of
    Actually, I'd say morality plays a big factor into it for most fans that complain. Nobody expects Tony Stark to behave like Diana. But you know that, which is why you used him instead of Captain America, whom I actually compared. More intellectual dishonesty smh.

Killing prisoners who have been subdued is a war crime.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I'm going to throw this out there also...

Batman not killing Joker knowing that the Joker will eventually escape and I capable of killing hundreds or even thousands of people - and in all probability will - does not make Batman heroic. If anything it makes him as psychotic as Joker himself.