Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Even in regular DC lore Steppenwolf is not an alpha threat. The movie version kind of combine Steppenwolf with Kalibak, as he was made to be more powerful and was desperately seeking Darkseid’s approval. From their battles, it’s possible Wonder Woman could have taken Steppenwolf out solo in a fair one on one. He played a similar role to Loki in the first Avengers. Sure he was an Asgardian but Hulk totally embarrassed him. The point is that these villains are just the tip of the iceberg.

My problem with Snyder making Superman OP compared to the rest of the League is that it’s just a set up for his heel turn. Yeah it gives Supes a cool scene but in actuality it’s just a way to make him more scary and a bigger challenge for Batman to overcome. Cool entrance but you’re really just a plot device to make the real hero look better.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-01-2021 at 02:21 AM.

i watched 1hr at a time and enjoyed it. can't imagine watching it all in one sitting though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Steppenwolf didn't Tear through the Team he held them off at Best thank to his Armor and Axe giving him a Superior Defense. Once Superman Debuffed him (Sunder Weapon) It Allowing the others to get some Decent DPS In. He then used Sunder Armor to de-Armor him which pretty much spelled curtains for Ol Steppy.
    LOL..this is a perfect description.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Even in regular DC lore Steppenwolf is not an alpha threat. The movie version kind of combine Steppenwolf with Kalibak, as he was made to be more powerful and was desperately seeking Darkseid’s approval. From their battles, it’s possible Wonder Woman could have taken Steppenwolf out solo in a fair one on one. He played a similar role to Loki in the first Avengers. Sure he was an Asgardian but Hulk totally embarrassed him. The point is that these villains are just the tip of the iceberg.

My problem with Snyder making Superman OP compared to the rest of the League is that it’s just a set up for his heel turn. Yeah it gives Supes a cool scene but in actuality it’s just a way to make him more scary and a bigger challenge for Batman to overcome. Cool entrance but you’re really just a plot device to make the real hero look better.
    Honestly they should've skipped ahead and made Darkseid the main threat. Was anyone clamoring for Steppenwolf?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Honestly they should've skipped ahead and made Darkseid the main threat. Was anyone clamoring for Steppenwolf?
    Well it was conceived as a story spanning two films so it's a logical choice as they were upping the ante

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Well it was conceived as a story spanning two films so it's a logical choice as they were upping the ante
    I guess, but Steppenwolf isn't a major villain. Plus why does everything have to be about upping the ante? Couldn't we have a quieter story focusing on the League itself first?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I guess, but Steppenwolf isn't a major villain. Plus why does everything have to be about upping the ante? Couldn't we have a quieter story focusing on the League itself first?
    There needs to be a major global threat as a reason for League to come together.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    There needs to be a major global threat as a reason for League to come together.
    That's true. I'm just wondering if that necessarily has to be so.

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse Fans Are Review-Bombing Godzilla vs Kong

Man, that is some seriously effed up behavior.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    #RestoreTheSnyderVerse Fans Are Review-Bombing Godzilla vs Kong

Man, that is some seriously effed up behavior.
    I was informed that was a small contingent of that fanbase.

Incredible Member

At this point, I want to see HBO Max take the reigns on a DC Universe (preferably Snydervese) and cut WB the eff out! Fan or not, I think we can all agree that their management is not good. From the scapped plans, release timelines (gaps are too big between planned sequels or next cameos), director turnover, rebooting, poor marketing, these are bad strategic and operational decisions. Jason Kilar needs to fire the individuals responsible for these poor management decisions and executions, which is separate from the quality of content they create. If we think about WB technically has equally good ips as Disney but Disney's management is better at managing. It amazes me that the WB execs are this bad at their actual job and still have it.

It's not just DC property either its Middle Earth (LOTR), Harry Potter, looney tunes, cartoon network, and others. They mismanage all of them.
    Last edited by ComicJunkie21; 04-01-2021 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    At this point, I want to see HBO Max take the reigns on a DC Universe (preferably Snydervese) and cut WB the eff out! Fan or not, I think we can all agree that their management is not good. From the scapped plans, release timelines (gaps are too big between planned sequels or next cameos), director turnover, rebooting, poor marketing, these are bad strategic and operational decisions. Jason Kilar needs to fire the individuals responsible for these poor management decisions and executions, which is separate from the quality of content they create. If we think about WB technically has equally good ips as Disney but Disney's management is better at managing. It amazes me that the WB execs are this bad at their actual job and still have it.
    AT&T owns both and WB still controls the content. At this point HBOMax is just an outlet for AT&T/WB. They have no power to take the reigns of anything.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    AT&T owns both and WB still controls the content. At this point HBOMax is just an outlet for AT&T/WB. They have no power to take the reigns of anything.
    I understand AT&T owns both but the reason why I'm wanting HBO Max to be a stakeholder is because I think we'll see some of the bad management aspects get fixed due to HBO Max needing content and needing it quickly and consistently.

Extraordinary Member

So multiple sites are reporting a rumor that The Rock wants to restore the Snyderverse. I think his ex-wife is Cavill's agent so it kinda makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    I understand AT&T owns both but the reason why I'm wanting HBO Max to be a stakeholder is because I think we'll see some of the bad management aspects get fixed due to HBO Max needing content and needing it quickly and consistently.
    This would only happen if AT&T decided the management team they have at HBOMax is better than the one at WB. But I would think they would simply place some of those people into WB management rather than change the production dynamics. Especially as we move back into theatrical viewing of movies.