Page 16 of 64 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thought it was okay, not great, but a definite improvement compared to the Whedon cut.

Some of the issues I had with the movie aren't even its fault. The future scenes, which were obviously meant for future installments, now feel tacked on, mostly because it doesn't look like the story will be picked up (if this is popular enough maybe, but it's big maybe.) The first Martian Manhunter appearance I felt was pointless, and left you wondering well why isn't he helping, they probably could have kept it to the last scene or a post credit scene.

On the plus side I really liked the additions for Cyborg as it fleshed him out and made him a more complete character.

Overall I don't think I would have liked this in theaters, but on HBOmax or as a Miniseries it works. 7/10.
    If you trimmed up or got rid of the the future scenes, shortened the epilogue (which seemed LOTR style in length), and made a few musical changes it would get a solid 8 or 9 from me.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm about half way through now and while there are some really solid new moments added in, like the Flash saving Iris and the excellent character beats with Cyborg, I don't know if it's really a better movie for all of that.

Two hours is a long time and you really should be able to tell a complete and cohesive story in that time...and yet plot-wise the movie has pretty much just begun. Sure, had this vision been released on its own in the first place they could have released Justice League Part One and then released Part Two the following year after all they've already done that with films like Harry Potter, Twilight, the Hunger Games and more recently with Avengers Infinity War and End Game but even that wouldn't have been very satisfying as there's no climactic midpoint here that would make the first part of Justice League feel like a movie in its own right which was one of the big draw backs of making the Hobbit into three parts.

Maybe I'll feel differently when I get the time to finish watching this tomorrow, but as of right now the Snyder cut kind of makes me appreciate the Whedon version a tiny bit more. I still wouldn't say the theatrical cut was all that great, but given the material here I think it's a testament to his film making skills that he was able to make a workable theatrical film at all.

HBO max WB whoever would be foolish not to launch a Snyderverse DC series it’s a no brainer...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    HBO max WB whoever would be foolish not to launch a Snyderverse DC series it’s a no brainer...
    They'd certainly save on color...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They'd certainly save on color...
    Because God forbid we have that in our superhero movie. Apparently it's still 2002 when bright colors mean not serious

Astonishing Member

I just watched the first hour, so I don't have an opinion yet. But what I dislike is, it looks like a computer game instead of a movie. Lots of bad cgi, nothing except the actors were real in the fight with the amazons. I don't understand why no one seems to notice that, or is it okay with you viewers?

Why didnt warner decided to make an animated movie out of it, or something like the Pixar stuff when they won't even use real locations, or try to have better sfx? Jesse Eisenberg (I won't call him Lex, because he doesn't even look like him, nor behaves like him) standing in the muddy waters at the beginning of the movie, looked really bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I just watched the first hour, so I don't have an opinion yet. But what I dislike is, it looks like a computer game instead of a movie. Lots of bad cgi, nothing except the actors were real in the fight with the amazons. I don't understand why no one seems to notice that, or is it okay with you viewers?

Why didnt warner decided to make an animated movie out of it, or something like the Pixar stuff when they won't even use real locations, or try to have better sfx? Jesse Eisenberg (I won't call him Lex, because he doesn't even look like him, nor behaves like him) standing in the muddy waters at the beginning of the movie, looked really bad.
    I noticed that, but it was no better or worse than any other superhero film. It doesn't make or break any movie for me,

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Honestly I think fans need to be owed an apology
    LOL, I don't think so. Hating your customers is the new hip thing.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I noticed that, but it was no better or worse than any other superhero film. It doesn't make or break any movie for me,
    I disagree. The cgi is worse than Marvels cgi on its worst day. And no, I am not a Marvel fanboy that wants to bash DC, just observed that. But its good for you if you enjoy it with or without bad cgi. It takes me out a little.

I disagree. The cgi is worse than Marvels cgi on its worst day. And no, I am not a Marvel fanboy that wants to bash DC, just observed that. But its good for you if you enjoy it with or without bad cgi. It takes me out a little.
    I disagree the CGI is not perfect but looks good definitely on per with marvel.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I disagree the CGI is not perfect but looks good definitely on per with marvel.
    Sometimes I ask myself if humans do see things differently. Like a color, someone says its brown, the other one sees it as a kind of red color. Maybe its the same with computer generated effects?

Maybe someone like a special effects designer can clear things up. These people see flaws where the average viewer doesn't.

Sometimes I ask myself if humans do see things differently. Like a color, someone says its brown, the other one sees it as a kind of red color. Maybe its the same with computer generated effects?

Maybe someone like a special effects designer can clear things up. These people see flaws where the average viewer doesn't.
    I agree only you and a handful of choosin people can see bad CGI it is your gift but remember with great power comes great responsibility!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I agree only you and a handful of choosin people can see bad CGI it is your gift but remember with great power comes great responsibility!
    It was a serious question, but I appreciate the sarcasm.

BANNED

I have to disagree, although on a bigger film commentary maybe VFX has not reached the stage were we can have 100% convincing CGI to handle the most fantastical comic book characters like Thanos or Stephenwolf, But I think Snyder will be the best bet in terms of having the best cgi so far that can be used for this sort of comic book characters. Marvel's CGI is cartoony, that is the difference I will say with Snyder's CGI. Snyder's CGI in his films have never looked cartoony, they feel extremely high fantasy which is how the CGI in the film looked.

I feel modern cgi is really only bad when they try to emulate humans, like blatantly, not in out of frame moments, which this movie doesn't really do.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut