Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Saying "It's Captain America" doesn't explain how he returned the Soul, Power and Reality Stones, when he doesn't know how they were got or where they came from. Regardless, we both agree that the endings are kinda fishy lol.

As for the ALE. It's entirely possible that the Motherboxes sensed the ALE only after being on Earth for so long, which would explain why Darkseid didn't know before. Definitely could've been explained clearer, tho.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Saying "It's Captain America" doesn't explain how he returned the Soul, Power and Reality Stones, when he doesn't know how they were got or where they came from. Regardless, we both agree that the endings are kinda fishy lol.
    My last comment on the topic, because I don't want to derail the thread.

Because he can just talk to the people who got them, and get all those details? People that are his good friends and teammates, who are all still very much alive and present, and have every good reason to share that information with him? Because he was present for the planning session earlier in the film, where they worked out exactly where and how each stone would be retrieved? Remember, the only stone that didn't go more or less exactly according to plan was the Space Stone. And Steve was physically present for that bit of adventuring. Similarly, there's no reason to believe he wouldn't have access to a spacecraft (Pym Particle shrunken for ease of carrying, no doubt) to reach Asgard, Vormir or whatever the heck the planet from Guardians of the Galaxy was called. Like, these are all literally non-issues in the context of the film.

You might be better off arguing that Steve getting access to Asgard seems unlikely. But at the time the stone was taken Heimdall was on watch, who can see all things. With reality at stake, might said gatekeeper make an exception for one of the finest examples of all humanity, who also happens to be carrying Mjolnir? And that's presuming that Steve can't just use the quantum realm to appear relatively close to the place he needs at exactly the time, since there doesn't appear to be any kind of limit on the physical location you appear in each time. (The Avengers traveled directly to NYC, Asgard and Power Stone planet via their machine, and Steve and Tony warped straight to Jersey when they left NY for attempt 2 on the Space Stone.)

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    I would agree that it is a bit confusing how Darkseid and company seemed to just forget which world both contained the ALE and the motherboxes. It seems like they would have a long-standing grudge against Earth rather than the world simply slipping their minds. Maybe they boomtubed to Earth with the motherboxes' assistance and then when they boomtubed back home couldn't find their way back since they no longer had the motherboxes with them. so in the meantime they just kept conquering random worlds in the meantime with the hope of stumbling onto the boxes? but supes death compelled the boxes to emit a signal they could track? i dunno feels like a quick explanation (which of course they had more than enough time to provide in 4 hours) could've made more sense of it but it didn't really detract from my enjoyment of the movie. Also i'm not sure why Earth would be the location of the anti-life equation in the 1st place and that could've used some more explanation also, but i suppose that would've been addressed in a sequel, had Snyder gotten the chance
    They didn't boomtube. Everyone arrived via ships. The mystics led the Motherboxes down from a ship. Darkseid was carried onto a ship after Ares buried his axe into Darkseid's shoulder. They all fled the planet in ships, one of which Artemis (?) destroyed with her bow.

Unless they randomly came upon Earth, decided to conquer it, got their asses kicked and ran away, forgetting to put the coordinates of the planet into their computer, it makes no sense that they wouldn't know exactly where the one planet that managed to defy them was.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    They didn't boomtube. Everyone arrived via ships. The mystics led the Motherboxes down from a ship. Darkseid was carried onto a ship after Ares buried his axe into Darkseid's shoulder. They all fled the planet in ships, one of which Artemis (?) destroyed with her bow.

Unless they randomly came upon Earth, decided to conquer it, got their asses kicked and ran away, forgetting to put the coordinates of the planet into their computer, it makes no sense that they wouldn't know exactly where the one planet that managed to defy them was.
    Yah but it wasnt that they forgot where the motherboxes are.

No one said they forgot

They did not return because the old gods, lanterns and eventually superman were deterrents..

Thats why steppenwolf literally says, no lanterns, no Kryptonian etc

Exactly why the motherboxes called out. Supermans death signaled to the boxes that they could be successfully retrieved

Thats how i took it the first time i watched it

As for the ALE we dont actually see the battle ... diana retells a legend... so i dont think Darkseid knew what was on the face of this earth

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post

No one said they forgot

They did not return because the old gods, lanterns and eventually superman were deterrents..

Exactly why the motherboxes called out. Supermans death signaled to the boxes that they could be successfully retrieved

As for the ALE we dont actually see the battle ... diana retells a legend... so i dont think Darkseid knew what was on the face of this earth
    I didn't get that myself

They could have easily fixed that silly plot point by just saying that Zeus hid earth from Darkseid’s gaze so he could never find his way back. Now Zeus, the old gods, and Superman are all dead so the Mother Boxes woke up and lead them back to earth.

Way better than just saying he forgot where he found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post

No one said they forgot

Why didn’t they call out during the hundreds of years before Superman came to earth?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Why didn’t they call out during the hundreds of years before Superman came to earth?
    That's a good question. Did the movie explain that?

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I mean some things are left ambiguous in films..

But he did specifically say No Lanterns... so possibly thr lanterns had guarded earth up until superman showed his presents...

Possibly then the lanterns got distracted in another war somewhere else

Then surprisingly superman dies. And bam... no body considered a formidable threat is defending earth. The boxes cry out and steppenwolf shows up...

Possibly thats why originally the 2 lanterns were gonna show up at the end... apologize to bruce about being away and not around to help

Hence why manhunter says essentially the same thing... more or less... but it doesnt quite make sense...

Only makes sense if the lanterns were off away somewhere preoccupied

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That's a good question. Did the movie explain that?
    I took that the boxes were basically in sleep mode, powered down. Silas was able to turn one on for a brief moment to create Cyborg, but otherwise nothing on the planet was strong enough to wake them. Until Superman's dying scream. Then one of them powered on, found the situation and sent for recall.

Timeline regarding motherboxes from my understanding:

Big battle that Darkseid loses, motherboxes go to sleep.
    MoS
    Silas manages to wake up one of the boxes, while trying to save his son. Box senses Superman and goes back to sleep.
    Batman vs Superman
    Boxes "hear" Superman's dying scream and wake up, but only one is able to send a proper signal that Steppenwolf picks up.

Extraordinary Member

Not sure why ppl think Darkseid should have known were the ALE was without the motherboxes.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Not sure why ppl think Darkseid should have known were the ALE was without the motherboxes.
    Because he was there?

I don't get defending this bit.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Because he was there?

Because he was there? So he was just supposed to sniff it out? Even in the comics it took him centuries to find it.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Because he was there?

He didn't know it was there, though. It seems like the MBs' time on Earth allowed them to discover it, in the present.