Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    In movie I noticed, the scene of the 5 planning to resurrect Superman happens before MM visits Lois, so if MM's telepathy is vast in this film, he already knew what the 5 were planning and wanted Lois to not live depressed because he knew what they were attempting and knew she was Superman's world and would be extremely vital to be around when Superman was awakened.He obviously couldn't know the future but made an intelligent guess and motivated her to go to Heroes' park because she would be needed.Again this is my speculation but with a powerful telepath like MM it is very plausible that he planted the thought in Lois to go there, maybe he even found out she was pregnant and so his role in the film saved Batman's life!Would be cool if it is revealed to be true ,making his visit to Batman at the end particularly special
    It's entirely plausible. But I feel she would've gone there anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    What did Martian Manhunter actually accomplish in this movie?
    Deceived Lois Lane for no reason at all.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I wonder how long he was disguised as MARTHA!

Why did you say that name?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    It actually was a good scene between her and Martha, and they have plenty of reasons for it to just be a scene with real Martha Kent. It was a weird creative decision to have J'onn show up there.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It actually was a good scene between her and Martha, and they have plenty of reasons for it to just be a scene with real Martha Kent. It was a weird creative decision to have J'onn show up there.
    It was one of the few actually heartfelt scenes in the JL but was heavily undercut by the surprise reveal

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    How would Batman even know that Superman would have memory problems after resurrection?
    Because they already discuss this before doing it? Diana was against it because she's afraid that Superman wouldn't be himself when he's back

Amazing Member

It was one of the few actually heartfelt scenes in the JL but was heavily undercut by the surprise reveal
    Few? You didn't like any of the scenes with Cyborg or Flash/his dad? Superman on the farm with Lois and his mom?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by tyusmax View Post
    Few? You didn't like any of the scenes with Cyborg or Flash/his dad? Superman on the farm with Lois and his mom?
    Cyborg and Flash with his dad were good, but Flash's moment seemed to be more "obligatory" rather than integrated into the plot like Cyborg's. Superman on the farm was ok, but I haven't really felt connected to him as much as I'd like, and the whole MM reveal made me feel a little awkward about Martha.

Mighty Member

Probably the entire time. There is no Martha Kent, Manhunter raised Clark, and Pa was just a telepathically tormented puppet.

In a sick twist, MM was ALSO Martha Wayne, and is Bruce's mom. Thus rendering the nonsense in BvS even more ridiculous.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Probably the entire time. There is no Martha Kent, Manhunter raised Clark, and Pa was just a telepathically tormented puppet.

In a sick twist, MM was ALSO Martha Wayne, and is Bruce's mom. Thus rendering the nonsense in BvS even more ridiculous.
    So there's only one MARTHA!?

So there's only one MARTHA!?
    In this universe, martians aren't called martians they're called Martha. It can be plural or singular depending on the context. So really J'onn was...being himself, not masquerading as someone else.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    In this universe, martians aren't called martians they're called Martha. It can be plural or singular depending on the context. So really J'onn was...being himself, not masquerading as someone else.

Damn, if only Martha Manhunter actually did something in the movie

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Right?!? On its own, it’s a great scene with Martha and Lois dealing with Clark’s death. Adding J’onn really hurts Martha’s character as all the heartfelt things that she shared with Lois are erased. Basically it gets rid of a close relationship between the two most important people in Superman’s life as in reality Martha has decided to sell the farm and move without telling Lois. She also apparently doesn’t care enough about Lois to help her through her mourning.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post

I actually laughed out at this.