Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I watched it and agree with him. YMMV
    You know what? That's fine. I'm not goin down that rabbit hole. I think ppl who get upset about Heroes killing terrorists and world killers just shouldn't watch Snyder movies.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Seriously isn't that always a thing in Snyder movie threads? lol
    Actually no, "why I think MoS/BvS sucks" or "screw what you're talking about, let's talk about why I think MoS/BvS sucks instead" is always the thing. At least this is new, just...bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Nobody sheds tears over the terrorists themselves. If that's the takeaway from the complaint, you're not listening to the complaints.

But there is nothing interesting about seeing a fully powered and experienced Wonder Woman punch downward and kill some non-powered dudes that she is more than capable of subduing without being excessive. This is something she does all the time without breaking a sweat. She's willing to take a life if there is no other option, but nothing in this scenario sounds like something WW would need to take that action for.
    You can't punch downward a terrorist.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    So Wonder Woman is still crushed by Superman in seconds, and she's still useless against Steppenwolf.
    Oh, but she chops his head off....after the other heroes have already beaten him. Thanks for the pittance, Zack.

After all that, it's still a Justice League movie where the JUSTICE LEAGUE is a bunch of jobbers who can't do anything without Superman

If this really is the end of Snyder's DC, I say good riddance.
    So much ALL OF THIS!!!

There were a lot of things wrong with the original movie, but my biggest issues were;

- Amazons being used as, what in pro-wrestling terms is known as "enhancement talent". Meaning they are only there to take a beating, fail completely in their objective and exist purely for the purpose of putting over how much of threat the bad guy is to everyone. Or as it later transpires, almost everyone.

- Exactly the same thing happening with Diana and Clark, when he's blipping the League and Diana is used as the main "prop" for showcasing how all-powerful he is.

- The entire League being barely able to hold their own against Steppenwolf and then Superman rocking up and swatting him like an especially small fly.

And all of those things are still the main crux of this version, only now with a whole bunch of extra flannel padding it out to tell exactly the same story with exactly the same outcome. And yeah, then there were all those people leading up to this version being release claiming that "Oh, but in Snyder's cut, Diana delivers the killing blow to Steppenwolf." And that might have least provided some small coda to the red-shirting of all the Amazon's at the start of the movie. But nope. We don't even get that. Instead he's beaten senseless by Clark, basically killed by Arthur and Diana just gets to decapitate what is pretty much already a corpse at that point.

yay?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Err, in the Snyder cut WW blew the crap out of a terrorist who wasn't a threat (to her), vaporizing him, a large part of the wall and killing him in front of a bunch of kids.
    Yeah. Which also fortunately doesn't kill any of the nearby police officers, who all have to duck and cover when an entire wall of bricks and mortar comes exploding at them.

Because just punching him out would have been too... polite?
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Wait, so we have people arguing "from descriptions" against people who have actually seen the movie? WTF?
    All the descriptions are pretty detailed, and there is no execution of Wonder Woman killing some non-powered criminals that is not going to be pointlessly stupid.

Unless the descriptions are wrong and she doesn't blow somebody up?

On the other hand:

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Exactly. It's excessive force at best, and needlessly cruel, especially when she does it in front of a bunch of kids.

We see the same cruelty when Superman lasers off part of Steppenwolf's horns, which are attached to his head.

This is better than Joss' movie, but not by much. And at least Joss has the excuse of filling in for someone else.
    Not knowing the context, this one doesn't actually sound as bad. Are they in the middle of a fight? It doesn't sound that different than Superman's "BURN" moment in For the Man Who has Everything, so I could roll with that.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    You can when you are a superhuman and can stop him non-lethally without breaking a sweat, and are known for doing it all the time. Gimme a break.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think that excessive force reflects more on the person using it, than the one receiving it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Not knowing the context, this one doesn't actually sound as bad. Are they in the middle of a fight? It doesn't sound that different than Superman's "BURN" moment in For the Man Who has Everything, so I could roll with that.

You can when you are a superhuman and can stop him non-lethally without breaking a sweat. Gimme a break.
    'Wolf is down but not out, when Superman starts mutilating.

...not a sentence that should be typed. Thanks Snyder

Extraordinary Member

Excessive force on a guy shooting into crowds of ppl about to shoot again, But let's not focus on that and how WW just saved 100s of ppl." You didn't do everything to save that murdering terrorist! Bad WW! Bad!" Priorities ppl.

Reminds me of Pak's Action Comics run where he had young Superman punching Nazis and obviously some posters argued that he is an angry brute.

Excessive force on a guy shooting into crowds of ppl about to shoot again, But let's not focus on that and how WW just saved 100s of ppl." You didn't do everything to save that murdering terrorist! Bad WW! Bad!"
    The defense was that she did "try everything" though? And kinda the whole reason superheroes generally don't kill is due to having so many other options, like she does. You can purposely ignore that if you'd like, though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    The defense was that she did "try everything" though? And kinda the whole reason superheroes generally don't kill is due to having so many other options, like she does. You can purposely ignore that if you'd like, though.
    You can't "try everything" when lives are at stake . The very premise of that is stupid.But you can choose to ignore that purposely if you'd like.

Excessive force on a guy shooting into crowds of ppl about to shoot again, But let's not focus on that and how WW just saved 100s of ppl." You didn't do everything to save that murdering terrorist! Bad WW! Bad!" Priorities ppl.
    She did save people, but yeah that was bit too excessive for the particular scene (she wasn't in any danger, and it was pretty evident that she had it handled).

I agree with others in that she could have disarmed him with just super speed, considering what we saw in the scenes right before.

Plus she did risk hurting innocent bystanders - cops - by unleashing her full powers...I don't mind the latter as much since superheroes do that all the time. Just more visceral/visible in film/live action.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Ultimate Member

She didn't save hundreds, she'd just demonstrated the ability to put down several armed men in less than 60 seconds, and her act endangered the police outside, cost the owners of the building however much it costs to repair the floor, and most importantly slaughtered a man in front of children.

So yeah. Excessive force doesn't have the appeal that it used to, these days. Especially when it's done just to look cool

The voice over of both Jor-El and Jonathan Kent was well done.

The Flash job interview was hilarious, though I wonder how the interviewer didn't notice he suddenly didn't have shoes...

The Alfred and Diana tea scene was kinda funny and something I can see Alfred doing. Actually Alfred had the best one-liners.

Kinda wish Knightmare Batman called Knightmare Joker "puddin'" at some point.

You can't "try everything" when lives are at stake . The very premise of that is stupid.But you can choose to ignore that purposely if you'd like.
    Tell that to the person who claimed it, then. And considering her speed, she wasn't in a desperate situation at all. I'm actually looking at the situation as is, not how I'm imagining to be.