Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Did anyone else think of Dragon Ball when Superman punched Stephenwolf upward, flew up quickly past him, then punch Stephenwolf downward to the ground?

Also, Diana actually got called "Wonder Woman".
    No I think of Superman when I see some dbz do that though...

The movie starts really slowly. I've been critical of Snyder before for being unable to trim his magnum opus to a consumable size. Art doesn't exist in a vacuum and he should know that the medium requires a shorter run time. I think its fairly irresponsible for Zach Snyder to attempt to create this hulking 4 hour long film and not expect some studio interference, though Snyder might have over indulged in producing this cut of the JL. The Martian Manhunter parts did feel tacked on, the Icelandic folksinging was really odd, some of the scenes seem like fluff (perhaps a leftover of when it was 4 episodes?), yet...I found myself loving it.

I think a lot of the fun is going to be comparing and contrasting the theatrical and Snyder Cut versions, seeing scenes and the narrative in a different setting. The story makes more sense now, it's a lot like watching the LOTR extended editions in that way. Steppenwolf is so much better, I really liked him. Darkseid was great here too, the cgi on these characters is really good. If Whedon Edition didn't exist, I'm not sure if this film would be as well received, but its a good story of an artist undergoing perseverance and finally being able to complete his work, in a way, Zack Snyder is a lot like Jesus Christ...
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Question. Why do people always forget that the magical aspect of the Amazons? They all should have magical weapons and fantastic beats befitting their mythological background. Getting kind of tired of seeing them run around with swords and getting mowed down.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

So did the part of the nightmare timeline in this movie take part before the seen in BvS? Or did Batman get away somehow? Or is this a happy death day thing where Batman starts over Everytime he is killed? Also how does joker fit into this? How is he useful to the plan? It also seems like joker is aware they are in a different timeline possible future?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Question. Why do people always forget that the magical aspect of the Amazons? They all should have magical weapons and fantastic beats befitting their mythological background. Getting kind of tired of seeing them run around with swords and getting mowed down.
    Eh, they're still just Red Shirts.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Fans can be obnoxious, and Internet fans can be the worst of all.

But, in this case, the "Release the Snyder Cut" crowd was dead on.

I'm very thankful that they were such persistent pains in the ass.

The Snyder Cut is an absolute triumph for Zack Snyder and a clear vindication for all the venom he's been subjected to for the last 8 years.

Now, we need to start another campaign -- #Let Snyder Do Justice League 2.

I'd like to see all the plot threads and the Knightmare come to full fruition -- Justice League vs. Darkseid and the effects of the Anti-Life Equation.

Not gonna happen, of course, but maybe Snyder and/or Chris Terrio can be convinced to do it as a comic book project so we can get some idea of what could have been -- what should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Fans can be obnoxious, and Internet fans can be the worst of all.

But, in this case, the "Release the Snyder Cut" crowd was dead on.

I'm very thankful that they were such persistent pains in the ass.

The Snyder Cut is an absolute triumph for Zack Snyder and a clear vindication for all the venom he's been subjected to for the last 8 years.

Now, we need to start another campaign -- #Let Snyder Do Justice League 2.

I'd like to see all the plot threads and the Knightmare come to full fruition -- Justice League vs. Darkseid and the effects of the Anti-Life Equation.

Not gonna happen, of course, but maybe Snyder and/or Chris Terrio can be convinced to do it as a comic book project so we can get some idea of what could have been -- what should have been.
    Seeing how people like this and how popular it is I can totally see JLSC2 happening.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Seeing how people like this and how popular it is I can totally see JLSC2 happening.
    I doubt Warner Brothers wants to do anything that would hurt JJ Abrams momentum.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

If JJ was given 4 hours, EP IX would have been much better I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I doubt Warner Brothers wants to do anything that would hurt JJ Abrams momentum.
    Evin if that happens (it's just a rummer) it won't do anything to JJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    If JJ was given 4 hours, EP IX would have been much better I guess.
    Can't we give him a four hour Force Awakens then hand the rest of the trilogy off to Colin Trevorrow eliminating Rian Johnson altogether?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I would love to see that happen but not likely. Affleck and Cavill are sadly gone from the DCEU. The budget for this to happen is way too high, especially during the COVID era. Can't see it making much of a profit. Too risky.

I will say i wish instead of hiring Wheddon(Who was In a no win situation. Why the hell would u take this job?) They would have just hired a editor Zach trusts to cut the movie down while he was dealing with more important issues. I don't think you can get it down to 2hrs and still be the same movie but defiently 3hrs. 2 1/2 if you sacrifice some stuff. Still not sure what Zach was thinking making a 4hr cut. He must have known they were gonna make him cut alot of it. Before his personal tragedy has he said what his plan was? Was he gonna fight them for 3hrs ? 2 1/2?. Anyway taking away the personal tragedy this is the best thing that could have happened for his vision. He was never gonna get a 4hr version made unless things happened the way they did.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I will say i wish instead of hiring Wheddon(Who was In a no win situation. Why the hell would u take this job?) They would have just hired a editor Zach trusts to cut the movie down while he was dealing with more important issues. I don't think you can get it down to 2hrs and still be the same movie but defiently 3hrs. 2 1/2 if you sacrifice some stuff. Still not sure what Zach was thinking making a 4hr cut. He must have known they were gonna make him cut alot of it. Before his personal tragedy has he said what his plan was? Was he gonna fight them for 3hrs ? 2 1/2?. Anyway taking away the personal tragedy this is the best thing that could have happened for his vision. He was never gonna get a 4hr version made unless things happened the way they did.
    The thing is, a large part of the insanity around the Whedon cut came from WB itself. Namely:

1. The tone of the movie be lighter. Which was ridiculous because JLSC isn’t a particularly dark movie.
    2. That it be a tight 2 hours. This one in particular could never, ever have worked because we’ve already seen how movies like these go. The shortest. Avengers movie clocked in at around 2hr 20min (both of which were directed by Whedon) and the longest over 3 hrs. These sort of movies need time to tell their stories. Neither Snyder nor Whedon could have cut JL down to 2hrs and made it work, it would have been literally impossible. As you’ve pointed out, I think Snyder was looking more at a 2hr 40min movie at the least. But Snyder does deserve some criticism for some of this because he as a seasoned film maker and member of the establishment knows that the movie will be cut down to manageable theatre run time. And after watching the Snyder cut, I’m not sure how he would have condensed this into a 2 hour+ movie and still have it make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The thing is, a large part of the insanity around the Whedon cut came from WB itself. Namely:

1. The tone of the movie be lighter. Which was ridiculous because JLSC isn’t a particularly dark movie.
    2. That it be a tight 2 hours. This one in particular could never, ever have worked because we’ve already seen how movies like these go. The shortest. Avengers movie clocked in at around 2hr 20min (both of which were directed by Whedon) and the longest over 3 hrs. These sort of movies need time to tell their stories. Neither Snyder nor Whedon could have cut JL down to 2hrs and made it work, it would have been literally impossible. As you’ve pointed out, I think Snyder was looking more at a 2hr 40min movie at the least. But Snyder does deserve some criticism for some of this because he as a seasoned film maker and member of the establishment knows that the movie will be cut down to manageable theatre run time. And after watching the Snyder cut, I’m not sure how he would have condensed this into a 2 hour+ movie and still have it make sense.
    Maybe he was gambling that he could release a director's cut on DVD, like happened with BvS?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)