Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Really? Because belligerent yelling at everybody that disagrees doesn’t seem to have changed anybody’s mind
    Neither does ignoring the previous rescuing and evacuation scenes.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    No one is trying to change minds. People are allowed to not like the movie. But it seems some are trying to say it was bad for things trivial to the rest of the movie. And yes, not pushing a truck while saving the whole damn world is trivial.
    And even if one doesn't like WW in that one scene, did that really ruin the whole movie?
    Exactly. There's actual criticisms to bring up, but these are all subjective nitpicks that don't really affect the movie itself. It's clearly supposed to be more in the vein of a fantasy epic, so the things they have have issues with don't really make or break this movie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Again, it's down to personal preference. I love the deification of the Leaguers, but others don't. I loved seeing Ma and Pa Kent put the livelihood of their child over altruism, while others saw it as character assassination of some kind.

Not a perfect movie, by any means, but I like multiple interpretations of the characters so I'm fine with this. I'm enjoying Superman and Lois and All-Star Superman is my favorite Superman story (well, it's in the top 3 lol), and I still appreciate this take.

There's better criticisms you can make, than the ones you have.
    Oh, certainly. These are simply the arguments that people are constantly taking issue with, or throwing strawmen at me, about.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong to enjoy it, and it was certainly better than Joss' movie.

But then, Joss was finishing someone else's movie, and it's still needlessly grim and dark. The prior complaints I cited are a symptom of that

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Oh, certainly. These are simply the arguments that people are constantly taking issue with, or throwing strawmen at me, about.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong to enjoy it, and it was certainly better than Joss' movie.

But then, Joss was finishing someone else's movie, and it's still needlessly grim and dark. The prior complaints I cited are a symptom of that
    Yeah, I don't envy Joss at all. It's clear that he works with what he have and got studio notes that he had to adhere.

The problem with Zack Snyder movies was always the same: he can't build up emotional connections with his characters and lacks the ability to properly structure his movies. Your complaint with the end fight is valid. I guess he was trying to fix the problem with MoS final fight, but goes about it in a completely wrong way. Snyder doesn't seem to understand that it wasn't that there are civilians in the MoS final fight, but the fact that Superman doesn't really care that they're killing hundreds during the fight is the problem.

Joss tried to add it into the theatrical version, but the execution was really off.

Ultimate Member

I agree. But the problem with Joss is he keeps depending on Whedonisms which ran their course out by AoU

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    So if heroes don't save the world in front of civilians they aren't heroes?????
    "Finally, someone who speaks English."

Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Most the things Joss added I was glad to not see here. Especially the I don't not like you line from bats. Hated that line, made me smirk in the theater but immediately thought well that's a stupid thing to have Batman say. All that said my favorite character moment from either cut was a Wheddon I guess. That scene where Batman tells Flash to just save one. Also liked the scene where Flash gets Cyborg to fist bump him ans for one second Cyborg dropped all his baggage and even half smiles. But yea I missed the just save one talk from Bruce to Barry.

So Lois was pregnant with Bruce's kid? It seemed to suggest she was pregnant though I didn't see anything suggesting it was Bruce's. Except for those story board detailing that weird Love Triangle if by some miracle Snyder does get to do a sequel. He needs to abandon that. Think people have been shitty about his vesion of Superman? Wait till Bruce Knocks up Lois and leaves Clark to raise the kid. Kevin Smith has been very positive about ZSJL but when that whole plot point was brought up he said no that's too far even for me, don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So Lois was pregnant with Bruce's kid? It seemed to suggest she was pregnant though I didn't see anything suggesting it was Bruce's. Except for those story board detailing that weird Love Triangle if by some miracle Snyder does get to do a sequel. He needs to abandon that. Think people have been shitty about his vesion of Superman? Wait till Bruce Knocks up Lois and leaves Clark to raise the kid. Kevin Smith has been very positive about ZSJL but when that whole plot point was brought up he said no that's too far even for me, don't do that.
    No, kid is Clark's. Looks like that love triangle thing was squashed very early in the development of these movies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Most the things Joss added I was glad to not see here. Especially the I don't not like you line from bats. Hated that line, made me smirk in the theater but immediately thought well that's a stupid thing to have Batman say. All that said my favorite character moment from either cut was a Wheddon I guess. That scene where Batman tells Flash to just save one. Also liked the scene where Flash gets Cyborg to fist bump him ans for one second Cyborg dropped all his baggage and even half smiles. But yea I missed the just save one talk from Bruce to Barry.

The kid is Clark's apparently Snyder in a recent clarification intimated that that is precisely the reason that he stopped fighting the league, he saw and heard the baby inside Lois.Just that Zack didn't want to be explicit about it, but a little cryptic.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    The kid is Clark's apparently Snyder in a recent clarification intimated that that is precisely the reason that he stopped fighting the league, he saw and heard the baby inside Lois.Just that Zack didn't want to be explicit about it, but a little cryptic.
    And he could've X-rayed Lois' (with caution of course) womb for the fetus' DNA and known it was his and not Bruce's kid.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

The only thing i would keep from Joss version, was Steppenwolf being the leader of the invasion in the first attack on Earth, but i would have shown Darkseid during the flashback, but not in battlefield. IMO, Steppenwolf's defeat add more excuses to why he is exiled and why he is so eager to earn Darkseid's favor, by correcting his past mistakes.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    The only thing i would keep from Joss version, was Steppenwolf being the leader of the invasion in the first attack on Earth, but i would have shown Darkseid during the flashback, but not in battlefield. IMO, Steppenwolf's defeat add more excuses to why he is exiled and why he is so eager to earn Darkseid's favor, by correcting his past mistakes.
    It still feels like Darkseid just "forgot" Earth. makes no sense, especially after it states that battle there was his first loss

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    It still feels like Darkseid just "forgot" Earth. makes no sense, especially after it states that battle there was his first loss
    I feel that they put all the scenes, but couldn't decide how to handle it, so the execution was more like "Darkseid burned so many worlds, he forgot even the one planet he was defeated".
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    I feel that they put all the scenes, but couldn't decide how to handle it, so the execution was more like "Darkseid burned so many worlds, he forgot even the one planet he was defeated".
    Yeah, but the Mother Boxes are extremely important to him as is the Anti-Life Equation, yet Earth disappears from his memory?

Also, did anyone feel like the Mother Boxes aren't really like they are in the comics?

A friend of mine weighs in on a brewing behind-the-scenes controversy about why (in part) the Snyder Cut was released. I wasn't aware of the Comics Gate connection until he sent me the video. -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."