Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The norm for him? Because it's not the norm for Wonder Woman, even the versions of her who will kill if she has to.

The mythis and fantasy style, when it isn't overwrought, can be very cool. I think I'm looking forward to the original Darkseid war the most.
    Yeah, that's what I meant; for his style, this is the norm. In his universe, her killing the guy or not is 50-50. I just appreciate that, unlike the MCU, something horrible happens and it's 50-50 someone makes a quip. I think the former has a more consistent tone, while the latter can severely undercut whatever is happening.

That said, I did think it was overkill lol. She could've killed him, by speedblitzing him when he had to reload.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    It doesn't have to be. It's like wondering why WW's shield survived transmitting her god wave blast.

It's irrelevant, regardless.
    It kinda matters, because it's his main weapon yet we don't know why it can do what it does.

Incredible Member

I'm trying to find this info online but I want to know since Snyder came back for reshoots such as adding Joker at the end did Ben Affleck and Joe Mangianello return for this scene or was split editing done to have them all there?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Yeah, that's what I meant; for his style, this is the norm. In his universe, her killing the guy or not is 50-50. I just appreciate that, unlike the MCU, something horrible happens and it's 50-50 someone makes a quip. I think the former has a more consistent tone, while the latter can severely undercut whatever is happening.

That said, I did think it was overkill lol. She could've killed him, by speedblitzing him when he had to reload.
    His norm turns me off, though even if the Snyderverse continues, as long as we get other good stuff for Wonder Woman and Superman I might be able to gradually get over it lol. I think the fact that this might seem the norm for Wonder Woman when we get so few good other media stuff for her is the most concerning. WW84 dropping the ball on the action front opened the floodgates for this lol. I think if we get a good WW3 that has way better executed action but still has Diana as a powerhouse that doesn't need to rely on a sword and shield, the two takes would easier to accept co-existing for some.

Agreed on the quips though. I've come back around to thinking they aren't not as bad as some make them out to be, but they do still undermine some moments. Live action seems to have an issue striking the balance that animation can when it comes to this stuff.

A question. The three monster heads we see from the Mother Boxes as Cyborg and Superman are pulling them apart. I know that is not from Kirby's New Gods, but is it from a later comic story, or just a visual Snyder was using for effect?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

This film is certainly a marked improvement over the theatrical cut. Is it a good film? Yes (Snyder's artistic touches and directorial trademarks aside). Is it a great film? Not so much. It certainly isn't the masterpiece rabid fans are claiming it is "OMG! Greatest. Comic. Movie. Ever!!!"

On the whole I enjoyed it. But it was still self indulgent and tediously long.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    A question. The three monster heads we see from the Mother Boxes as Cyborg and Superman are pulling them apart. I know that is not from Kirby's New Gods, but is it from a later comic story, or just a visual Snyder was using for effect?
    Seemed like a play on the Three Moirai from Greek mythology to me, I suspect that has never been done in the comics as I don't think the Motherboxes have ever been limited to three.

All-New Member

Default Questions I have after watching "Zack Snyder's Justice League" **SPOILERS**

For the record, I loved the movie and the DCEU as a whole! Yes, it had many issues going into the making of this, with all the behind-the-scenes drama, and the polarizing reaction to previous DCEU movies. That said, I’ve only watched the movie once so far, but I have a few questions about the plot that have got me thinking. Hopefully some of these will be addressed in possible sequels, but it’s too early to tell if that’s a possibility yet. Either way, please enjoy and feel free to comment if you have any ideas/theories on this!

1. Superman’s death waking the mother boxes was interesting and the shockwave caused by Superman’s screams made for a cool visual, but how/why does this happen? Superman’s death, while significant, was not the only catastrophic event that could have left the Earth vulnerable. Especially since the mother boxes have been on Earth for thousands of years, long before Superman was born.

2. What exactly did Lex Luthor learn in the genesis chamber in the Kryptonian scout ship? We know he was communicating with Steppenwolf, but we still have yet to get any more details on that. I’m curious whether that was part of his motivation for releasing Doomsday in the first place. I imagine if we do get a sequel down the road involving Darkseid invading Earth, Lex could play an important role, regardless of which side he ends up taking.

3. The reveal of J’onn J’onnz was incredible, and Harry Lennix is a great choice for the role. Assuming that Calvin Swanwick (the Secretary of Defense and former General) has in fact been J’onnz this entire time, why has he not gotten involved until the events of Justice League? He was one of the first people present when Clark made his “debut” as Superman, and could have assisted directly in the Battle of Metropolis or the Doomsday attack. I suppose he didn’t want to blow his cover or neglect his duties as a high-ranking military official, but I would hope that this gets addressed in future sequels.

4. Why exactly did J’onn/Swanwick feel the need to disguise himself as Martha Kent for that heart-to-heart discussion with Lois Lane. Assuming Superman’s identity as Clark Kent is not public knowledge, how did J’onn find out that Clark is Superman? Is it possible that he read the minds of Clark, Lois, and/or Martha at some point? He seemed to know a lot about Martha, enough to convincingly pose as her while talking to Lois.

5. How did J’onn J’onnz deduce Batman’s identity as Bruce Wayne? Is that even a secret anymore? I guess as a government official, he’d have enough resources to figure it out, but we’re assuming that he and Lex Luthor (and possibly Amanda Waller) are the only ones to have figured it out in that way.

6. In the scene in Gotham Harbor, why is Aquaman there in the nick of time? Was he tracking Steppenwolf somehow and just happened to be in the right place at the right time? (Also, did they already have the Knightcrawler there as a means to get into the tunnels? I never really understood what the Knightcrawler was about, but I guess it was the only vehicle Batman could use in that type of setting)

7. During one of the scenes in Lois’s apartment, there was a noticeable shot of a home pregnancy test in one of her cabinets. Was that a possible Easter egg or indication that Lois might be pregnant with Clark’s child?

8. In this movie, we saw/heard a different approach to how Atlanteans communicate underwater, not only with the “oxygen bubble” but what it might actually sound like underwater (since sound travels differently underwater). Assuming that the Aquaman movie from 2018 is still canon, is this just another perspective of how Atlanteans communicate? I’m assuming they don’t necessarily speak English, and that what we saw in Aquaman’s solo movie was meant to be from his point of view, and how he understands speech underwater.

9. Why is Mera’s accent different than it is was in the Whedon cut and the Aquaman movie? That just seemed like an odd choice to me.

10. When Steppenwolf was communicating with Desaad, Desaad mentioned the multiverse. I forget the exact quote, but that raises a ton of questions about Darkseid’s knowledge of the multiverse, and what the implications of that could be. Geoff Johns and others have explicitly state that they want to pursue the multiverse in The Flash’s first solo movie, including the possible inclusion of Michael Keaton’s Batman, Sasha Calle as Supergirl, and whatever else they have planned for that movie.

11. When Superman was killed by Doomsday, it was publicly announced that Clark Kent was killed while covering the story. A likely cover story, but how will they address that now that Clark is alive again? Clark had an open-casket funeral in Smallville, which was attended by many friends, including Fr. Leone, Pete Ross, Lana Lang, Perry White, and Jenny Jurwich. Granted, we know that Fr. Leone knew Clark was Superman, and it’s not a stretch to assume that Pete and Lana could figure it out. But now we’re bringing Perry and other people from the Daily Planet in on the secret; there is no way Clark could resume his civilian identity without all these people being in on the secret and keeping it.

12. We got introduced to Dr. Ryan Choi, who in the comics, becomes The Atom. Does this mean that Choi’s predecessor, Dr. Ray Palmer could exist in the DCEU as well?

13. The revisited “Knightmare” sequence in the Epilogue was spellbinding, no question. However, this is twice now that Bruce has experienced a vision of this possible future in his dreams. How is this possible? Is the Mother Box somehow able to project these dreams into his subconscious? Has J’onn J’onnz been psychically projecting these images to Bruce, or are there other factors at play here?

14. How exactly did Barry Allen get his powers? Historically it has always happened due to an accident at a crime lab where he worked, but in this movie, he does not get a job at a crime lab until the very end. I can’t remember if they gave any kind of explanation as to what happened to him that caused him to become the Flash.

Also, not necessarily related to this movie, but to the DCEU in general:

The way the Olympian Gods and the New Gods are portrayed, I’ve interpreted them as being highly advanced, powerful beings but not necessarily deities (similar to how Asgardians are portrayed in the MCU). We’ve seen several magical/extra-dimensional beings and objects in the DCEU so far: not just the Old and New Gods, but Atlantis as a whole, Enchantress, Incubus, the Wizard Shazam, the Rock of Eternity, and the Soultaker Sword (wielded by Katana). Is there a larger connection between these magical elements in the DCEU? Could that pave the way for things like Justice League Dark, Doctor Fate, the Spectre, Mxyzptlk, etc?
    Last edited by jackXconnor; 03-21-2021 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    His norm turns me off, though even if the Snyderverse continues, as long as we get other good stuff for Wonder Woman and Superman I might be able to gradually get over it lol. I think the fact that this might seem the norm for Wonder Woman when we get so few good other media stuff for her is the most concerning. WW84 dropping the ball on the action front opened the floodgates for this lol. I think if we get a good WW3 that has way better executed action but still has Diana as a powerhouse that doesn't need to rely on a sword and shield, the two takes would easier to accept co-existing for some.

Agreed on the quips though. I've come back around to thinking they aren't not as bad as some make them out to be, but they do still undermine some moments. Live action seems to have an issue striking the balance that animation can when it comes to this stuff.
    Yeah, it took me awhile to come around to his style myself. I didn't like MoS at all when I first saw it. After watching the ultimate cut of Watchmen, and then I got what he was doing with the character. After that, I just started to appreciate his direction more.

I still think he'd do better with a co-director that can help the smaller details I'm his storytelling and to get him to hold back a little.

Maybe have him and Patty co-direct WW3?
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 03-21-2021 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It kinda matters, because it's his main weapon yet we don't know why it can do what it does.
    It's an important trident, from the royal family. That's honestly all we need to know. It has magical properties *shrugs*.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    One of the Youtube reviewers I watch felt Aquaman got the short end of the stick, and thought the singing was stupid. I mean he got an extra Vulko scene (Hobo Vulko), and the singing was Snyder's heavy-handed way of saying that village sees Arthur as a sort of god. He was trying to fashion them all into Modern Gods, actually.
    That singing part was extremely stupid.

It’s one of those things that never, ever make it beyond editing because the director’s intentions came across as muddled.

I think it was supposed to be funny but it was played very seriously. A man that lives underwater, his clothiers will probably smell like the sea or fish or something.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    I'm trying to find this info online but I want to know since Snyder came back for reshoots such as adding Joker at the end did Ben Affleck and Joe Mangianello return for this scene or was split editing done to have them all there?
    He shot the scene with the individual actors a while back and spliced it all together. All the actors were already busy on different projects so he couldn’t get them back together again.

That’s why the characters never really interact with themselves in that scene.

Dude with water powers that shows up to a remote Icelandic fishing village with fish on the reg? Why not consider him a God? And you don't exactly see that lady sniffing Arthur's discarded clothes, seemed more to me like she was just holding it close like something to be treasured, left behind by someone they worshipped.

I get why people think it's all silly, but I didn't have a problem with it.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Snyder Cut getting a black and white edition.

Remember when Logan did that. Wonder how it'll compare to the color version?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Apparently the epilogue with Bruce and Martian Manhunter, was supposed to be Bruce and John Stewart, but the studios stepped in and said no.