Page 39 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, but the Mother Boxes are extremely important to him as is the Anti-Life Equation, yet Earth disappears from his memory?

Also, did anyone feel like the Mother Boxes aren't really like they are in the comics?
    That bugged me as well. When Desaad and Steph were talking:

1. Darkseid found the AL on a primitive planet
    2. The Defiance is well-known, the planet that fought back

Unless there was another planet that fought back, how were they both surprised that the planet where Steph is currently collecting the Motherboxes is the same planet with the AL?
    Last edited by raidensix; 03-24-2021 at 04:41 PM.

spoilers:
    Flash resurrected Superman twice in one movie
    end of spoilers
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post

Unless there was another planet that fought back, how were they both surprised that the planet were Steph is currently collecting the Motherboxes is the same planet with the AL?
    Exactly my problem. The ALE is Darkseid's ultimate aim. You'd think he'd be more on top of things!

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post

Unless there was another planet that fought back, how were they both surprised that the planet where Steph is currently collecting the Motherboxes is the same planet with the AL?
    Minor plothole.

TDKR - How did Bruce get back in Gotham?
    Endgame - How did Steve return all the stones so that life didn't change drastically, despite him not being around cuz he stayed back and grew old?

If it doesn't effect the core of the plot, it's a minor issue. Darkseid probably shut thar defeat in the darkest corner of his mind...and forgot lol.

Exactly my problem. The ALE is Darkseid's ultimate aim. You'd think he'd be more on top of things!
    Hey, he's got thousands of worlds to run lol.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Minor plothole.

TDKR - How did Bruce get back in Gotham?
    Endgame - How did Steve return all the stones so that life didn't change drastically, despite him not being around cuz he stayed back and grew old?

If it doesn't effect the core of the plot, it's a minor issue. Darkseid probably shut thar defeat in the darkest corner of his mind...and forgot lol.
    It's not a plothole so much as a "Really? That's what you're doing?"

I would agree that it is a bit confusing how Darkseid and company seemed to just forget which world both contained the ALE and the motherboxes. It seems like they would have a long-standing grudge against Earth rather than the world simply slipping their minds. Maybe they boomtubed to Earth with the motherboxes' assistance and then when they boomtubed back home couldn't find their way back since they no longer had the motherboxes with them. so in the meantime they just kept conquering random worlds in the meantime with the hope of stumbling onto the boxes? but supes death compelled the boxes to emit a signal they could track? i dunno feels like a quick explanation (which of course they had more than enough time to provide in 4 hours) could've made more sense of it but it didn't really detract from my enjoyment of the movie. Also i'm not sure why Earth would be the location of the anti-life equation in the 1st place and that could've used some more explanation also, but i suppose that would've been addressed in a sequel, had Snyder gotten the chance

It's not a plothole so much as a "Really? That's what you're doing?"
    I thought the same thing with the ending of Endgame: "You showed us how difficult it was to travel time, as well as get the stones, but you want me to believe Rodgers operated the time machine by himself, returned all the stones, and stayed back in time to grow old....and everything is fine? How the hell did he even return the Soul Stone?!"

If people can overlook that, they can overlook this.

Ultimate Member

I thought the same thing with the ending of Endgame: "You showed us how difficult it was to travel time, as well as get the stones, but you want me to believe Rodgers operated the time machine, returned all the stones, and stayed back in time to grow old....and everything is fine? How the hell did he return the Soul Stone?!"

I don't think it's the same thing. Steve didn't forget anything.

Of course I didn't like Steve's ending, but for separate reasons.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    I would agree that it is a bit confusing how Darkseid and company seemed to just forget which world both contained the ALE and the motherboxes. It seems like they would have a long-standing grudge against Earth rather than the world simply slipping their minds. Maybe they boomtubed to Earth with the motherboxes' assistance and then when they boomtubed back home couldn't find their way back since they no longer had the motherboxes with them. so in the meantime they just kept conquering random worlds in the meantime with the hope of stumbling onto the boxes? but supes death compelled the boxes to emit a signal they could track? i dunno feels like a quick explanation (which of course they had more than enough time to provide in 4 hours) could've made more sense of it but it didn't really detract from my enjoyment of the movie. Also i'm not sure why Earth would be the location of the anti-life equation in the 1st place and that could've used some more explanation also, but i suppose that would've been addressed in a sequel, had Snyder gotten the chance
    I don't get why the ALE is somehow part of Earth either

Ultimate Member

Did Darkseid know that the ALE was on earth?

I thought 'Wolf discovered it, not that it was rediscovered

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

Yah i think these guys are confused.

He discovered it. Not rediscovered.

Ultimate Member

Maybe I misread it. I think he only forgot the boxes were on earth

Mighty Member

I thought the same thing with the ending of Endgame: "You showed us how difficult it was to travel time, as well as get the stones, but you want me to believe Rodgers operated the time machine by himself, returned all the stones, and stayed back in time to grow old....and everything is fine? How the hell did he even return the Soul Stone?!"

Time travel was only difficult in Endgame for two reasons, neither of which is relevant by the end. The first reason was not being able to map the quantum realm, so no way to steer. Stark solved that at the beginning of the film. The second reason was a lack of Pym Particles. With Hank restored along with everybody else, that's no longer an issue as of the end of the film. So if we assume Steve has both Tony's navigation device and a healthy supply of Particles, then Steve has to literally just push some buttons on his suit and he can go anywhen he wants to as many times as he wants or needs to. That part of it isn't really a plot problem.

As for getting the mission done, he's Captain America, it's what he does. Also, nobody is looking to stop him or get in his way. He can, quite literally, pick his moment and slip in and out.

It's that last bit that's the problem. I get doing retired Cap, I even think it's a relatively good ending for him, in terms of the MCU. But the mechanics of how they did it open up an entire series of debates and potential problems if you try and think about it for more than 5 seconds. It's a really dumb issue that could have been avoided with a little more thought and like 2 lines of dialogue. And it's a damn shame, because the scene with Steve and Sam is such a great moment, so well played by both actors. But it just makes no damn sense.

The ALE is very much the same thing here. Just have it be initially found on a different planet, and somehow it was moved or came here in the intervening time. Or just have DS never find it on his first visit, but it's revealed to have been here all along. And boom, problem solved. Honestly, that second one works so well. It turns out that the one thing he wants more than anything in the universe has been on the one planet he failed to conquer. Like salt in a wound, a twisting of a very old knife. It gives Darkseid even more reason to take it out on Earth it's heroes when he gets the chance

When he has the vision and realizes the Equation is on Earth, it's presented literally beat for beat exactly the same way as Diana's story of the battle against Darseid in the age of heroes, only with Steppenwolf in place of Darkseid. He paws at the soil, then smashes the ground and the huge glowy symbol appears in the ground. If something in what he saw convinced him that the Equation was here, then Darkseid saw exactly the same thing back then. So either Darkseid is a moron, or Steppenwolf rediscovered it.
    Last edited by ZeroBG82; 03-24-2021 at 06:25 PM.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, the problem in EG was Cap's choices at thr end.

As for Darkseid, it does kinda make him look stupid