Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    She didn't save hundreds, she'd just demonstrated the ability to put down several armed men in less than 60 seconds, and her act endangered the police outside, cost the owners of the building however much it costs to repair the floor, and most importantly slaughtered a man in front of children.

So yeah. Excessive force doesn't have the appeal that it used to, these days. Especially when it's done just to look cool
    She didn't save hundreds? So you missed the part where she got rid of the bomb that was about to blow up 4 city blocks? Maybe you should watch again. Or atleast once...
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 03-18-2021 at 12:16 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    She didn't save hundreds? So you missed the part where she got rid of the bomb that was about to blow up 4 city blocks? Maybe you should watch again. Or atleast once...
    Thought you were talking about when the guy unloaded his gun.

I did watch it, and frankly, it has all the hallmarks of Snyder. Bloodier, grimmer, browner. Joss' Justice League wasn't great, but this hardly feels like a great loss.

You watched it as well, I presume. What about the scene indicated that Diana couldn't have reached the man before he reloaded?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

'Wolf is down but not out, when Superman starts mutilating.

...not a sentence that should be typed. Thanks Snyder
    Sounds...iffy. Will definitely need to see how this plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Reminds me of Pak's Action Comics run where he had young Superman punching Nazis and obviously some posters argued that he is an angry brute.
    Were any of them killed?

New 52 Superman was awesome and I loved when he did stuff like that, but to my knowledge he never killed anybody. Just roughed them up, and that was to show how he was a hothead who needed to reign himself in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    The defense was that she did "try everything" though? And kinda the whole reason superheroes generally don't kill is due to having so many other options, like she does. You can purposely ignore that if you'd like, though.
    Yeah, us feeling bad for the terrorists is certainly an odd takeaway from this. Even the authors who don't have Diana with a strict no kill code wouldn't write her doing stuff like this to non-powered opponents.

The Max Lord and Medusa situations were how you handle it. Even Clark snapping Zod's neck made sense in the heat of the moment.

The Sara Charles name drop?

Extraordinary Member

Thought you were talking about when the guy unloaded his gun.

I did watch it, and frankly, it has all the hallmarks of Snyder. Bloodier, grimmer, browner. Joss' Justice League wasn't great, but this hardly feels like a great loss.

You watched it as well, I presume. What about the scene indicated that Diana couldn't have reached the man before he reloaded?
    He already did reload as I remember.

Watching Grace talk about the movie, she got choked up on a scene where...it didn't choke me up but it was still an awesome moment. When Cyborg did the false alarm to evacuate the facility, and his dad knew something was up and tried to call it off...till he saw his son walk in with all the heroes. "Victor..."

In that moment he saw his son embrace his destiny, and probably figured out he was trying to resurrect Superman (heroes with a random coffin after all). And the nod Victor gave him. I liked that as well. I like them both in this movie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    He already did reload as I remember.
    Then maybe she shouldn't have stopped for that one liner? That would have saved her from reigning bricks down at the police below.

She'd just stopped him from shooting a single person when he caught her unawares. She stopped all his men in less than 60 seconds. I think she could have handled him with other abilities than 'nuke 'em'.

Then maybe she shouldn't have stopped for that one liner? That would have saved her from reigning bricks down at the police below.

She'd just stopped him from shooting a single person when he caught her unawares. She stopped all his men in less than 60 seconds. I think she could have handled him with other abilities than 'nuke 'em'.
    Speedblitz Nutshot!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I just have to say that I really don't like the idea of Superman wearing that black costume full-time.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I just have to say that I really don't like the idea of Superman wearing that black costume full-time.
    I don't think he would if there were sequels but I think its implied that he's not at full power just yet not even at the end of the movie, which makes sense because he died and I'd imagine it would take a while to recover fully from that. At least that's how I took it.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    I don't think he would if there were sequels but I think its implied that he's not at full power just yet not even at the end of the movie, which makes sense because he died and I'd imagine it would take a while to recover fully from that. At least that's how I took it.
    Um, what makes you think he wasn't at full power considering how he handles the League and Steppenwolf?

And did I miss the part where they say that outfit is meant to heal him?

BANNED

I have to say the corn field scene between Clark and Lois didn't need too be changed for shoddy CGI reasons.

I took the black suit as meaning Clark accepting he's a product of both worlds. Further driven home by, I guess, Clark imagining both fathers saying they're proud of him in unison, well more like stereo, but yeah.

But otherwise, any doubts about Clark's power levels should have been cast aside when his freakin' shoulder stopped Steppenwolf's blade. "Not. Impressed."

Biggest thing I didn’t like was MM, like what was the point? He didn’t look good and why you there the whole time and ain’t do nothing? Pointless shove in that wasn’t needed in an already dope movie. That’s the scene Ben came back for you can tell because he’s so skinny.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    I don’t think it’s supposed to be a healing suit here, it’s just a black suit which idk makes no sense...