Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    I don’t think it’s supposed to be a healing suit here, it’s just a black suit which idk makes no sense...
    He was probably feeling a bit emo after just coming back from the dead.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Biggest thing I didn’t like was MM, like what was the point? He didn’t look good and why you there the whole time and ain’t do nothing? Pointless shove in that wasn’t needed in an already dope movie. That’s the scene Ben came back for you can tell because he’s so skinny.
    I've actually been thinking about this...I agree, but I think that the scene where he shape-shifts into Martha works. It plants the seed that MM wants to break his rule of noninterference, but something is holding him back. I think we need a whole MM movie, not that quicky ending with skinny Bruce, that explains how he finally stopped letting whatever it was hold him back and go all in with being a superhero.

But, the odds of a MM movie are slim to none, so maybe ZS figured this is all we're gonna get.

I don’t think it’s supposed to be a healing suit here, it’s just a black suit which idk makes no sense...
    Right. It was thrown in because it was in the comics, missing the actual reason it was in the comics. Which is exactly like Zack Snyder.

Astonishing Member

Just finished it. Ok. So first of all it didn't need to be 4 hours long period. The first few acts especially were self indulgent, derivative and slow. After about the 15th slow mo shot with "choir" or orchestral score I was literally rolling my eyes. Way too overdone just to be long and "different". The scene where they sang whatever Viking hymnal that was when Arthur swam away up north and the village choir chick smelled his sweater? WTF was that? I mean yeah girl he hot but in a 4 hour movie did I need that sequence really? Girl bye.

Cyborg obviously got a beefier part I mean yay? Some of it really didn't effect me but its better than originally I suppose.

At first I was bothered by Wonder Woman straight up murdering the terrorist and destroying the bank in front of all those already traumatized kids especially. She could have easily taken him out and not caused millions in property damage.
    But, whatever its Synder.

I felt the ending was better cutting the Superman/Flash race out and adding the backstory bits to Steppenwolf did help his overall role. I like the Black Suit addition but in a 4 hour movie there couldn't be a small addition at the ship with the computer or something mentioning this will help speed your healing or something? I would have appreciated 3 of the 25 useless slo mo scenes edited for a little exposition there.

If they were going to add in Martian manhunter why didn't he actually help them? He fake visits Lois to get her out of bed? Then peace out till he comes to say Hi I'm MM good job assembling the guys Bruce I am in next time!

The epilogue in general I mean whatever why not its 4 hours long throw it all at the wall.

Incredible Member

Question -- was there an explanation for why Steppenwolf betrayed Darkseid the first time Darkseid was trying to conquer Earth? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I've actually been thinking about this...I agree, but I think that the scene where he shape-shifts into Martha works. It plants the seed that MM wants to break his rule of noninterference, but something is holding him back. I think we need a whole MM movie, not that quicky ending with skinny Bruce, that explains how he finally stopped letting whatever it was hold him back and go all in with being a superhero.

But, the odds of a MM movie are slim to none, so maybe ZS figured this is all we're gonna get.
    Ok see you put it into perspective for me I really didn’t know about his no interference rule. He still waited for the W to reveal himself which to me added nothing but a look at the character. But I understand what your saying...

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Right. It was thrown in because it was in the comics, missing the actual reason it was in the comics. Which is exactly like Zack Snyder.
    I guess he didn’t feel it was important enough to pack into this long ass movie so he get a pass but I wish they had left it cape less. We didn’t need an explanation just imply, hey this is his after death suit I’m still regenerating so I got this on...

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Question -- was there an explanation for why Steppenwolf betrayed Darkseid the first time Darkseid was trying to conquer Earth? Thanks.
    How did he betray him?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    I don't think there was. And that is a good point if you are beefing him up as a character and giving him context. Why not use some of the 4 hours to explain why he is out of favor? There was plenty to edit out to fit that in and it would be actually relevant to the story.

I guess he didn’t feel it was important enough to pack into this long ass movie so he get a pass but I wish they had left it cape less. We didn’t need an explanation just imply, hey this is his after death suit I’m still regenerating so I got this on...
    I'd agree if they actually showed him in any way depowered but he demolished the League pretty easily right after, as well as still wearing it at the end after several days had passed (also after going into space where he heals pretty instantly.) So it wasn't for regeneration.

And I agree that losing the cape would make it look better.

Ok see you put it into perspective for me I really didn’t know about his no interference rule. He still waited for the W to reveal himself which to me added nothing but a look at the character. But I understand what your saying...
    Well I'm putting it into context with what he told Bruce. Even if its not an explicit rule per se, he still has a stance of non-interference, or at least helping behind the scenes as his Swanwick guise. He said to Bruce, "Like you I realize I have a stake in this world. And its time I started fighting for it." The scene with Lois was him slowly coming to that realization, and his own movie should have been about him fully embracing it. Here its like "You all did a great job, I'm there next time for sure!"

I think they should have just used MM at the end and skipped his talk with Lois (as Martha.) I like Bruce using her as a contingency against Clark, as in the theatrical version.

BANNED

Gotta say that all in all I liked it better than the original, although I did sleep through 30 minutes of it and don't feel like I missed anything. Closing credits music was super lame. Didn't get the R rating. Black costume had no exlanation or relavance whatever. Yeah it had it's problems. Could easily have been a theatrical 3 cut that was more satisfying than the mess we got. 5 false endings didn't help, but I can appreciate he was trying to set up a universe that would keep him gold forevever.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I think they should have just used MM at the end and skipped his talk with Lois (as Martha.) I like Bruce using her as a contingency against Clark, as in the theatrical version.
    I never saw the theatrical / Whedon version, but I was thinking that since Batman now knows of the existence of a shapeshifter, he should have MM be prepared to become Lois any time Lois is in danger.

MM could be like how Doppelganger served Homelander in The Boys tv series.

BANNED

There were specific scenes that were included in both, but I thought done better in this version. Such as Flash touching the Motherbox to charge it. I wonder if Castle would feel this scene is superior to that sillty Quicksilver scene he keeps posting youtube videos about?

I felt like the JL was not made irrelevant by the appearance of Superman, though black costume makes no sense other than marketing. There were significant flaws, not the least the length, but this was clearly the better version of the film.

I do miss the personal factor, with respect to the family that was rescued by Flash. No one really rescued anyone, they just defeated bad guys. Rescuing is such an easy thing to include. Why not do it?
    Last edited by green_garnish; 03-18-2021 at 03:30 PM.