Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11515758596061626364 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Deceived Lois Lane for no reason at all.
    While I am not a big Lois Lane fan from the Snyderverse but that was not Martian's intention. he never deceived her for no reason. If I remember my DC comic correctly Martian is an empath, he saw how depressed Lois was and wanted to give her a reason to live again.

He came in as Martha Kent because Lois may not have reacted well to seeing an alien of his appearance and she was also close to Martha, meaning Lois heart would have been more open to hearing some hard things like..... moving on with your life.

Sigh..... one day, just one day, we will have more discussion even among us hardest core of fans about the actual events of the movies with the most logical and obvious reasons as to why this happened or not?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Probably the entire time. There is no Martha Kent, Manhunter raised Clark, and Pa was just a telepathically tormented puppet.

In a sick twist, MM was ALSO Martha Wayne, and is Bruce's mom. Thus rendering the nonsense in BvS even more ridiculous.
    The sad thing is that this would not surprise me in a Snyder Movie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    While I am not a big Lois Lane fan from the Snyderverse but that was not Martian's intention. he never deceived her for no reason. If I remember my DC comic correctly Martian is an empath, he saw how depressed Lois was and wanted to give her a reason to live again.

He came in as Martha Kent because Lois may not have reacted well to seeing an alien of his appearance and she was also close to Martha, meaning Lois heart would have been more open to hearing some hard things like..... moving on with your life.

Sigh..... one day, just one day, we will have more discussion even among us hardest core of fans about the actual events of the movies with the most logical and obvious reasons as to why this happened or not?
    Why do you act like people aren't being logical?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Why do you act like people aren't being logical?
    Why do you feed the troll?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Why do you feed the troll?
    You're right. I've even warned others here about that, but failed to do it myself sometimes.

I was SO excited for the Snyder Cut.

I watched all of the Snyderverse and Nolanverse movies ahead of the Snydercut release.

I debated all the nuances of the various DC movies, here and on other forums.

Then I watched it the weekend it came out, and I watched it a second time. I took a long time to let it settle in.

I maintain, Snyder is practically the only creative within DC who has an idea about what to do with these characters.

But even though Snyder has ideas, it’s not enough. The Snyder Cut was better than Whedon’s Justice League, but that’s not saying much. It’s still a bad movie.

The Snyder Cut is way too long and in a couple spots, like where they discuss resurrecting Superman, it’s a lesson in how NOT to make a movie, it’s so bad. In those instances, the Whedon cut actually has some better scenes.

All that said, DC may as well turn the keys over to Snyder, because he does have ideas for the movies, more than anyone else seems to at DC. But that’s kind of faint praise from me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post

I watched all of the Snyderverse and Nolanverse movies ahead of the Snydercut release.

Then I watched it the weekend it came out, and I watched it a second time. I took a long time to let it settle in.

I maintain, Snyder is practically the only creative within DC who has an idea about what to do with these characters.

But even though Snyder has ideas, it’s not enough. The Snyder Cut was better than Whedon’s Justice League, but that’s not saying much. It’s still a bad movie.

The Snyder Cut is way too long and in a couple spots, like where they discuss resurrecting Superman, it’s a lesson in how NOT to make a movie, it’s so bad. In those instances, the Whedon cut actually has some better scenes.

All that said, DC may as well turn the keys over to Snyder, because he does have ideas for the movies, more than anyone else seems to at DC. But that’s kind of faint praise from me.
    Snyder barely seems to know what to do with Superman, though.

Snyder barely seems to know what to do with Superman, though.
    Agreed, but it’s more than what the rest of DC can muster up these days.

Ultimate Member

Agreed, but it’s more than what the rest of DC can muster up these days.
    sadly yes. Let's hope DCEU does better with Supergirl than with Superman

Astonishing Member

KILL YOUR DARLINGS

This is the thought I keep coming back to when thinking about the Zack Snyder Justice League. It's a simple idea. Any scene, character, line of dialogue, shot, anything that does not contribute to the overall story should be removed. It doesn't matter how much the storyteller loves the scene or character or how long it's been in the original plans. if it doesn't help the overall story as a whole, then it should be removed.

KILL YOUR DARLINGS

The ZSJL is four hours long with countless slo mo, sweeping shots of scenery, long sequences that flesh out the history of the characters, and foreshadowing scenes for movies that will never happen. The pacing is abysmal, scenes drag on for way too long, dialogue drags, and there are more endings than Return of the King.

KILL YOUR DARLINGS

So much could have been cut out of this movie to make it better. Any slo mo scene not involving the flash could have been cut. The Martian Manhunter scenes added nothing to this story and could have been cut. The future dream sequence is for a sequel that is not getting made, it should have been cut. There are multiple scenes of Steppenwolf contacting his home that could have been consolidated or cut. This entire movie is filled with Darling that could have been cut, but weren't.

KILL YOUR DARLING

Zack Snyder's vision of the DC characters has never been a conventional, crowd pleasing approach. He has a darker take with the drive to make an epic series. But the choices he made in editing severely weakened the final story. And the result is a movie that drags, feels meandering, and has several points without any payoff. A judicious editor (not the Frankenstein butchery of the JW theatrical cut) could have made this a much better narrative. Instead it feels like a second or thrid draft instead of the final edit.

Ultimate Member

I realize it's a director's cut, so there will be a lot of superfluous elements, but like you said, they could be cut and the general movie would improve.

Also, the dark and gritty take works if we care about the characters, but IMO Snyder hasn't really achieved that outside of Cyborg, and even then, Cyborg's storyline in the JL is pretty basic so far

Astonishing Member

I realize it's a director's cut, so there will be a lot of superfluous elements, but like you said, they could be cut and the general movie would improve.

Also, the dark and gritty take works if we care about the characters, but IMO Snyder hasn't really achieved that outside of Cyborg, and even then, Cyborg's storyline in the JL is pretty basic so far
    I'm not a fan on Snyder's take on these characters, his story choices, or how he approached the DC as an epic series instead of an interconnected series. But that all boils down to personal tastes. And while it may not be what I prefer, Snyder does have fans of this approach.

But from a basic storytelling standpoint, the ZSJL was self indulgent and poorly paced. It really feels like he was more interested in getting every idea he ever had put into this instead of doing what was best for the overall story.

Ultimate Member

I'm not a fan on Snyder's take on these characters, his story choices, or how he approached the DC as an epic series instead of an interconnected series. But that all boils down to personal tastes. And while it may not be what I prefer, Snyder does have fans of this approach.

But from a basic storytelling standpoint, the ZSJL was self indulgent and poorly paced. It really feels like he was more interested in getting every idea he ever had put into this instead of doing what was best for the overall story.
    I felt that way too. Which I wouldn't mind if I thought the concepts were good. I'd watch a 6-hr JL movie if I liked it enough. But the Snyder Cut barely had any cutting. The only part I wanted to see from the trailer, "We live in a society", wasn't even in there!

KILL YOUR DARLINGS...
    Snyder certainly did, LoL!