Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Thinking on it more, Steppenwolf isn't even a League level threat. He's not even a solo Superman level threat.

And what happened to all the parademons?
    So why'd they make him a main villain?

They had to have a buildup to Darkseid so it made sense for that to be Steppenwolf. Plus Supes was dead so he was a viable threat until he showed up...

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    Also WHY didn't Martian Manhunter aid them in the battle?
    MM is just an a-hole in this universe, Doomsday and Zod were near world-ending events and he did nothing. At least he was consistent and didn't jump into this one either

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Thinking on it more, Steppenwolf isn't even a League level threat. He's not even a solo Superman level threat.
    Steppenwolf is a league threat, He just not a superman threat who is stupidly strong(maybe too strong) which people seem to like (but ironically criticize Captian Marvel for being the same exact thing at Marvel)

Also people was weirdly mad that Darkseid got beaten by 3 Full Gods,Amazon queen and Atlantis King, and an army of humanity.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    MM is just an a-hole in this universe, Doomsday and Zod were near world-ending events and he did nothing. At least he was consistent and didn't jump into this one either

Steppenwolf is a league threat, He just not a superman threat who is stupidly strong(maybe too strong) which people seem to like (but ironically criticize Captian Marvel for being the same exact thing at Marvel)

Also people was weirdly mad that Darkseid got beaten by 3 Full Gods,Amazon queen and Atlantis King, and an army of humanity.
    I don’t think the same people like Superman being stupidly strong and criticize Captain Marvel for being the same thing at Marvel. I hated how useless he made the JLA look and don’t want Captain Marvel doing the same thing in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Isn't Deathstroke an enemy of the titans? Batman already has enough villains without taking others'
    They’ve been trying to pair Batman and Deathstroke ever since he appeared in that one Arkham game.

I loved it. It’s truly a visionary experience.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Steppenwolf as he is classically depicted is a C-list Apokolips denizen and is definitely not a League level threat by himself. Wonder Woman, GL or MM could solo him by themselves, so requiring the League and specifically needing Superman in particular to shift the balance always comes across as overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Steppenwolf as he is classically depicted is a C-list Apokolips denizen and is definitely not a League level threat by himself. Wonder Woman, GL or MM could solo him by themselves, so requiring the League and specifically needing Superman in particular to shift the balance always comes across as overkill.
    Really wondering how they chose Steppenwolf instead of like, Kalibak or Mantis.

In the movie, he was clearly a league threat, Just like Superman is a league threat in the movies. I don't see why people are bringing up in the comics because this guy

never shows up in the movies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    I don’t think the same people like Superman being stupidly strong and criticize Captain Marvel for being the same thing at Marvel. I hated how useless he made the JLA look and don’t want Captain Marvel doing the same thing in the MCU.
    I'm semi the opposite. I got tired of the MCU nerfing powerful characters in fights just so the weak ones can somehow defeat the same foes. I want more power!

I wasn't even super familiar with him. I know more about Granny Goodness and Metron than him.

In the movie, he was clearly a league threat, Just like Superman is a league threat in the movies. I don't see why people are bringing up in the comics because this guy

never shows up in the movies.
    He was hella animalistic, I was expecting him to run on all fours. I think that would’ve been pretty cool actually...

Only seen part of it so far. Don't hate it so far at all and really like some scenes. That said I don't see where Wheddon supposedly reshot 80% of the film. It looks like he just shot a few small jokes and connective tissue after cutting huge parts of the film out. Can't say too much cause I haven't finished it yet. I'll come back with an actual opinion on the movie after that. But so far I don't hate it. I never cared about any characters in BvS but this films is doing a much better job. Also apparently Snyder heard the complaints and was gonna include some humor.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Since so much of this movie was new, I think it was pretty easy to judge in on its on merits and not just in comparison to the Whedon Cut.

Things I loved:

-The Amazons gave me chills. I kind of cried at their heroism and self-sacrifice, lol
    -Cyborg's entire storyline restored (even if he's a little one-note)
    -Every fight scene was significantly improved
    -Barry's moment was absolutely thrilling and visually stunning
    -The overall plot moves smoothly and never stagnates
    -Darkseid and Desaad and Steppenwolf all speak and interact like they should

Things I liked:

-Barry is more likeable here, awkward and still a bit childish but not grating. He also sounds smart.
    -More Alfred never hurts
    -Batfleck's restored faith has him feeling positive
    -Superman's scenes were all nice
    -More Aquaman context
    -If you think about it, Superman was only needed to stop the unity; Steppenwolf alone couldn't hold his own against the 4 of them without wanting to escape the first time around.
    -The Boom Tube is closer to what I'd expect/want

Things I didn't really like:

-Wonder Woman definitely didn't need to kill that guy, but it wasn't that explicit and we never see a body. It's not shot like an explicit murder so it's easy to forget about but you'd have to assume he died.

-Mera as an orphan, though that's only because I liked her dad in Aquaman

-I would have liked to see Lois turn her grief into something a little bit productive, maybe write an article or help some local charity or something.

-I wanted more Superman.

-Martian Manhunter feels tacked on.

-The Knightmare Epilogue is kind of unnecessary and it undercuts the movie a little bit to keep referencing it. The apocalyptic future still isn't averted? I guess Darkseid is still a threat but that world is just too rough and out there to hold any real promise.

Most of those are nitpicks. I'm really happy with it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Only seen part of it so far. Don't hate it so far at all and really like some scenes. That said I don't see where Wheddon supposedly reshot 80% of the film. It looks like he just shot a few small jokes and connective tissue after cutting huge parts of the film out. Can't say too much cause I haven't finished it yet. I'll come back with an actual opinion on the movie after that. But so far I don't hate it. I never cared about any characters in BvS but this films is doing a much better job. Also apparently Snyder heard the complaints and was gonna include some humor.
    I actually thought the same thing.

There are quite a number of Whedon’s stuff in here except that the scenes are longer and in some cases with different CGI characters. Or more like some of the Snyder stuff was still in the Whedon version.

The scene with Darkseid nearly getting murdered by the Old Gods basically had Whedon swap out Darkseid for Steppenwolf.

I think Brainiac would have been a much better choice than Steppenwolf.