Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    If SWORD is supposed to be the only competent organization around, then that's a pretty scathing indictment of all of this. Their response to Knull was a mess and they only pulled through at the last minute.

We still on the polyamory thing? Given that its still mostly used for dumb jokes and Scott clearly isn't thrilled, it's less polyamory and more wife swapping. They will never treat it as a serious relationship, and only as an excuse for Jean to sleep around at best. If you're hoping for Logan and Scott to hook up, don't.

I hate hate HATE everything with Quinten Quire. Turns out that the best way for him to become a sympathetic hero is for the Cuckoo's to open their legs for him! That whole murderous riot years ago could have been avoided if Phoebe had just gotten over herself and gone out with him! Maybe that's harsh, but how are we supposed to interpret this relationship?
    “Open their legs for him.” Are y’all serious with this? Since Quire’s gonna be around I’m glad they’re giving him a somewhat sweet relationship and working to make him less irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    “Open their legs for him.” Are y’all serious with this? Since Quire’s gonna be around I’m glad they’re giving him a somewhat sweet relationship and working to make him less irritating.
    The issue isn't that they're giving him a relationship, or even him having a relationship make him a better person. Its pairing him with the girl who literally choose to die rather than be in a relationship with him. A girl he started a deadly riot partially to impress. A girl, and her sisters, who openly found him disgusting and sacrificed greatly to stop him. And after all that, pairing him WITH HER with no commentary on that entire debacle creates lots of nasty implications.

The issue isn't that they're giving him a relationship, or even him having a relationship make him a better person. Its pairing him with the girl who literally choose to die rather than be in a relationship with him. A girl he started a deadly riot partially to impress. A girl, and her sisters, who openly found him disgusting and sacrificed greatly to stop him. And after all that, pairing him WITH HER with no commentary on that entire debacle creates lots of nasty implications.
    A woman going back into a toxic relationship with a guy she loves because she has seen him change that just never happens in real life >_>

I think that Percy want us to forget that stories that they rejected him twice. For me it makes Phoene look like a prize that he won because he is trying to be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    A woman going back into a toxic relationship with a guy she loves because she has seen him change that just never happens in real life >_>
    yet the writer doesn't frame it like it. he romanticize it, also they never had a relationsship

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    People could literally see graphic sex with the three in bed and they'd still deny it. The issue with Jean and Logan in the lagoon had already confirmed the poly, but yeah, this one reinforces it.
    "They're just giving one another prostate massage with their insertion tools and you can see that neither one of them has a happy face. It's like they're hurt. They obviously don't like it. So, once again writers don't confirm it. It's just a weird Krakoan fascist social cult experiment and they FAILED at it."

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I really dislike that feeling that Krakoa has been attacked all the time. That makes the mutants seem too reactive all the time. And where the **** are their defenses?
    They are attacked all the time because for reasons i can't fathom they have shitty defenses that never seem to get updated after every encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Redeeming Quentin is a fine, if not incredibly original, idea, but he should still retain his basic personality traits. Like, even if he isn't being openly antagonistic, he should still be a snarky shithead, not the weirdly fluffy kid from this issue. I also hate that so much of his wanting redemption is being tied into his relationship with Phoebe.
    Didn't they try to redeem him back in Wolverine and the X-men series after the big split between Summers and Logan?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    It just seems like every writer tries to do the "brat with a golden center" with Quire. It never seems to do anything interesting enough with his characterization for it to stick, and it gets repetitive. Right now, I kind of wish they'd just keep him an unapologetic ******* who isn't as smart as he thinks, but still has the occasional good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    It just seems like every writer tries to do the "brat with a golden center" with Quire. It never seems to do anything interesting enough with his characterization for it to stick, and it gets repetitive. Right now, I kind of wish they'd just keep him an unapologetic ******* who isn't as smart as he thinks, but still has the occasional good point.
    Behold! The Truth Bomb!
    GrindrStone(D)

Spectacular Member

with regards to this team being defensive, it wasn't as before because you at least had a couple of issues of the team going out to deal with other conflicts/problems, like the domino clones and terra verde, and of course the fact that krakoa was still newly formed so weak defenses were believable. but since the terra verde I dont believe we've had an issue where the team has been dispatched outside of krakoa. had to deal with the russian corpse dolls, then there was X of Swords event that doesn't really count, then we had the krakoa tumor and now we're still dealing with mental attacks for 3 issues now.

One thing that I really liked in this issue was some development to Sage finally. She seems to be overwhelmed with the amount of data she is processing in this job for X-Foce, so she has started drinking to alliviate her mind a little. It seems to be creating some alcohol problems for poor Sage. It is sad but it is nice to have her as a real character instead of a plot facilitator only. I hope it won't take long to have this plot followed. I liked her characterization this issue in general and her relation to Beast seems to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post

yet the writer doesn't frame it like it. he romanticize it, also they never had a relationsship
    did you miss the part where he himself was self aware of how he used to be? The cockiness is a running theme with him it's like you skipped X-Force 17

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    One thing that I really liked in this issue was some development to Sage finally. She seems to be overwhelmed with the amount of data she is processing in this job for X-Foce, so she has started drinking to alliviate her mind a little. It seems to be creating some alcohol problems for poor Sage. It is sad but it is nice to have her as a real character instead of a plot facilitator only. I hope it won't take long to have this plot followed. I liked her characterization this issue in general and her relation to Beast seems to be interesting.
    Seconded. Using compelling characters like Sage and Forge just as plot devices to info-dump or make weapons needs to stop, they have so much more to offer and they're oh so much more interesting to explore than the likes of Quentin Quire.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

You think Phoebe should stay with X-Force? I quite like her as an individual.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Twilight Mexican View Post
    Are you claiming that Jean is cheating on Scott or are you just unclear about what polyamory is?
    I'm very clear on what polyamory is
    Just not clear on what cheating is then lol