Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

So we can all agree that this issue is monumental because it blatantly and directly confirms polyamory: Jean tongue wrestled Logan and the next second went to bed with Scott.
    Last edited by zvrk; 03-19-2021 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zvrk View Post
    So we can all agree that this issue is monumental because it blatantly and directly confirms polyamory: Jean tongue wrestled Logan and the next second went to bed with Scott.
    No, we can't. The issue could do that, but didn't. if people want to believe on that alright, but it is very alright not believe in what isn't on page

So what: she is cheating on Scott? Homewrecker in their own home?

How can you not acknowledge what is on the page?

Polyamory doesn't mean that Logan and Scott have to get in the bed together. Jean chose to be with Scott and Logan.

Who knows what is happening, doesn't look like Scott is happy or jean is happy with it too

Scott is never happy. That's his secondary mutation.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    People used to critique how the mansion was under constant attack. Krakoa doesn't seem any better off.
    It's inevitable, X-Men are built around constant conflict, hence the incursions/invasions.If the defences are too impregnable, there is no stakes. Plus it also shows the villains (Xeno in this case as they are the ones pulling off more successful security breaches in this book) are formidable.You can't have it both ways

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Who knows what is happening, doesn't look like Scott is happy or jean is happy with it too
    I don't see any animus either, they accept their 'arrangement' funny though it's always Logan-Scott-Jean.There should be Emma showing up since she's part of the rectangle. I have to admit it makes the whole thing bland,like I would prefer some drama, Joanna should pay the Summers moonhouse a visit on *cough* 'Sword buisness'

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I don't see any animus either, they accept their 'arrangement' funny though it's always Logan-Scott-Jean.There should be Emma showing up since she's part of the rectangle. I have to admit it makes the whole thing bland,like I would prefer some drama, Joanna should pay the Summers moonhouse a visit on *cough* 'Sword buisness'
    I see some animus on it. Scott was serious and possessive of Jean here
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-19-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    No, we can't. The issue could do that, but didn't. if people want to believe on that alright, but it is very alright not believe in what isn't on page
    So you think she is cheating on Scott in his house? There was already a scene with Wolverine and Jean sleeping together before this kiss and now she is returning to Scott's bed?

That takes some serious mental gymnastics

If SWORD is supposed to be the only competent organization around, then that's a pretty scathing indictment of all of this. Their response to Knull was a mess and they only pulled through at the last minute.

We still on the polyamory thing? Given that its still mostly used for dumb jokes and Scott clearly isn't thrilled, it's less polyamory and more wife swapping. They will never treat it as a serious relationship, and only as an excuse for Jean to sleep around at best. If you're hoping for Logan and Scott to hook up, don't.

I hate hate HATE everything with Quinten Quire. Turns out that the best way for him to become a sympathetic hero is for the Cuckoo's to open their legs for him! That whole murderous riot years ago could have been avoided if Phoebe had just gotten over herself and gone out with him! Maybe that's harsh, but how are we supposed to interpret this relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    If SWORD is supposed to be the only competent organization around, then that's a pretty scathing indictment of all of this. Their response to Knull was a mess and they only pulled through at the last minute.

We still on the polyamory thing? Given that its still mostly used for dumb jokes and Scott clearly isn't thrilled, it's less polyamory and more wife swapping. They will never treat it as a serious relationship, and only as an excuse for Jean to sleep around at best. If you're hoping for Logan and Scott to hook up, don't.

I hate hate HATE everything with Quinten Quire. Turns out that the best way for him to become a sympathetic hero is for the Cuckoo's to open their legs for him! That whole murderous riot years ago could have been avoided if Phoebe had just gotten over herself and gone out with him! Maybe that's harsh, but how are we supposed to interpret this relationship?
    I think in this issue the way it was drawn Scott seemed a bit weary but almost all his interactions with Logan in the Hickman era have been... unordinarily friendly to say the least (honestly a bit flirtatious in some issues). I can't recall them arguing once (unless it happened in the Wolverine solo which I don't keep up with). I doubt Scott has any problems with the arrangement if he is aware of it and not involved himself.

Sword hs a better structure, but when pushes come to shove they barely made it out alive.

Well Scott isn't happy, Jean also not happy. It doesn't even makes sense in what is going on with other books, she only treats Logan romantically on X-force, on the other books she is dedicated to only Scott. Jean can sleep around but single but writers like to stick her with the same male chaarcters from 40 years ago.

Quentin Quire is a awful stereotype, making excuses for a terrible behavior and now using Phoebe as a way to validate him as a good guy. Make it looks like it was the women fault for not wanting to date a horrible boy, so he had to murder somebody
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-19-2021 at 03:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

Nope Logan and Scott is a no go for me, and I know it's wife swapping or open marriage, but if it is so normal and their new arrangement, I want it vocalised or tested by someone other than the trio ,Emma conspicuously doesn't partake to raise the tension or heat.There's not even a hint of if this arrangement has drawbacks/challenges/loopholes.It's just to be taken as is without any dramatic implication.The 'it is what is is' axiom is just boring

That it is boring I agree, mostly because it is a old traingle that keeps going and Jean being used to prop up the guys. Not sure what everyone knows about it, because it is never explored. So Scott knows? it isn't clear

What nobody is commenting is that Jean has a hallucination and goes to sleep, instead of doing something about it. That is the worse chaarcterization of her on this series.
    She is a omega level mutant, let her do something, instead it is Quire that goes investigating it

Quote Originally Posted by zvrk View Post
    People could literally see graphic sex with the three in bed and they'd still deny it. The issue with Jean and Logan in the lagoon had already confirmed the poly, but yeah, this one reinforces it.