Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    And now other things like polyamory are taboo and can only be hinted at on the page.
    If they wanted to keep it SUBTLE subtle, they really should not have had the connecting rooms. You can't tell me that they're not poly with this grown man sleeping in their house instead of spending time with his own kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    If they wanted to keep it SUBTLE subtle, they really should not have had the connecting rooms. You can't tell me that they're not poly with this grown man sleeping in their house instead of spending time with his own kids.
    makes no sense he being there while he has hiw own kids and family. But That was subtitle AF and it epends how much a person want to believe on it, becuse there isn't solid proof

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    There isnt anythig prohibited on comics, Comics Code Authority is gone. It only can't get too graphical violence and nudity. Scott can kiss wolverine.
    Didn't Marvel editors literally tell Sina Grace not to make Iceman "too gay" and that was for a book about an out character. You really don't think there would be resistance if one of the most popular (and macho) heroes was confirmed to be anything but straight?

https://mashable.com/article/marvel-...q-pride-month/

Didn't Marvel editors literally tell Sina Grace not to make Iceman "too gay" and that was for a book about an out character. You really don't think there would be resistance if one of the most popular (and macho) heroes was confirmed to be anything but straight?

https://mashable.com/article/marvel-...q-pride-month/
    That was a old editor, that doesn't even work on Marvel anymore

The page when Tom disappears into the forest is one of the best arts I've seen lately. Big kudos to Walsh. He shined here.

That was a old editor, that doesn't even work on Marvel anymore
    Ok but that was obviously acceptable behavior within the company. You still didn't answer the question. Do you honestly think there wouldn't be any resistance (both internally and externally) if Wolverine, and to a lesser degree, Cyclops were confirmed as not being straight?

It's one thing for Mystique and Destiny who have a long history as villains (queer-coding villains is pretty commonplace https://www.pride.com/geek/2020/2/05...allery-media-9), but for two of their biggest heroes? All I'm saying is that I don't think it's a coincidence why they won't confirm.

Ok but that was obviously acceptable behavior within the company. You still didn't answer the question. Do you honestly think there wouldn't be any resistance (both internally and externally) if Wolverine, and to a lesser degree, Cyclops were confirmed as not being straight?

It's one thing for Mystique and Destiny who have a long history as villains (queer-coding villains is pretty commonplace https://www.pride.com/geek/2020/2/05...allery-media-9), but for two of their biggest heroes? All I'm saying is that I don't think it's a coincidence why they won't confirm.
    That was years ago and he isnt working anymore on X-books. Yeah I think there will be some resistance, but they can be shown as lovers.

This book had a lot of promise when it first began but now it's become a bit trite. How is a group who's job is to be proactive constantly on the defense? If things don't change in the next issue or so, I'm taking this off my pull list.

Spectacular Member

wew, I think it really speaks something about the quality of the current story that more discussion is put on with regards to jean, scott and logan's relationship than the main issue at hand.

also as someone already noted, feels a bit ridiculous that this kind of attack is happening on krakoa and only quentin is gonna deal with it. feels like it would have been better if they kept it that it was targeting mutants and people outside of the island like how it was in the previous issue, then you can kinda excuse how closed off it is.
    Last edited by silvercover; 03-19-2021 at 02:31 AM.

From what was shown so far it looks more like an open relationship rather than polyamory.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    This book had a lot of promise when it first began but now it's become a bit trite. How is a group who's job is to be proactive constantly on the defense? If things don't change in the next issue or so, I'm taking this off my pull list.
    I hear you. I think the book is still OK but I feel it lost A LOT of steam from the first couple of explosive arcs. I still enjoy most issues but it's not something I'm dying to read every month anymore.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

There isnt anythig prohibited on comics, Comics Code Authority is gone. It only can't get too graphical violence and nudity. Scott can kiss wolverine.
    "Can" is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that sentence. Anyone can kiss anyone, but that doesn't mean there's any realistic chance of it happening

wrong thread
    Last edited by zvrk; 03-19-2021 at 08:35 AM. Reason: sorry

Spectacular Member

This was very much not confirming it, and they have been really subtite. The writer choose to Scott ony call Jean, because the poly isn't happening
    Are you claiming that Jean is cheating on Scott or are you just unclear about what polyamory is?

Quote Originally Posted by The Twilight Mexican View Post
    Are you claiming that Jean is cheating on Scott or are you just unclear about what polyamory is?
    I'm very clear on what polyamory is