Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mad Hatter(s)

Mighty Member

One of the things that stuck out to me about the Animated Series incarnation of the Mad Hatter is that he genuinely blamed Batman for all of his actions. He made it a point to mention more than once. He said it in a good chunk of his appearances, starting with his first. Even in Trial, he was one of the only rogues questioned aside from Harley and Ivy. I'm actually surprised they didn't delve into it more (or it didn't carry into comics).

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

An overview of the MAD HATTER in cartoons and TV series.

from Who's Who in the DC Universe #5 (December 1990)

I've always considered the Mad Hatter to be an underrated Batman villain. The guy's not just a certified genius but undoubtedly one of the most brilliant criminal masterminds in Batman's rogues gallery and yet he's more often than not is treated like an afterthought. Even though I'm currently burned out of "_____ taking over Gotham City events", somewhere down the road I wouldn't mind seeing the Mad Hatter make Gotham into his own Wonderland.

Incredible Member

Mad Hatter is up there with Cavalier in my most underrated "Golden Age" Bat-Rogues. Despite having a rather cool design and fun gimmick (basically Lewis Carroll's Alice Compendium), I can rarely remember most of his stories.

Personal favorite takes on the character are the DCAU and Arkham Games. I do like him connected to the Wonderland Gang (normally comprised of the Tweedle Twins, March Hare, The Lion and the Unicorn and the Walrus and the Carpenter; surprised New 52's White Rabbit hasn't joined the team yet); and that he and Scarecrow are quite buddy-buddy (they both specialize in mind-melting people).

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Sad to learn that Jean Hale has died. She played "Polly" The Mad Hatter's Moll on his 2nd season appearance.

HatterHale.jpg