Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Remember in her first movie when she could disintegrate incoming projectiles and create shockwaves without smashing her bracelets together and sped past dozens of arm troops firing guns at her.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 03-22-2021 at 05:10 AM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Remember in her first movie when she could disintegrate incoming projectiles and create shockwaves without smashing her bracelets together and sped past dozens of arm troops firing guns at her.
    True. For a first movie her feats were good enough. Since she was just discovering her powers. I wish things could have improved morer with the next movies she was in.

Fantastic Member

WW's father in this movie is Zeus. Also, no real life person who would storm that compound, human or superhero, will allow those people to live for the sake of being "nice." But then again, it's comics, I supposed. WW is fast, as I've said, but if that scene was written wherein a kid was shot because WW "chose" to just "wound" the terrorists people will still be complaining she should have been able to disable those terrorists, block the guns aimed at her, and at the same time, block those MULTIPLE gun fire that everyone has with supefast bullets that clearly WW had to put effort in just blocking one. Then instead of "it's okay" after the scene, WW can be explaining to the parents how she just injured them because they all deserved to live and how she holds every life so sacred.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    WW's father in this movie is Zeus. Also, no real life person who would storm that compound, human or superhero, will allow those people to live for the sake of being "nice." But then again, it's comics, I supposed. WW is fast, as I've said, but if that scene was written wherein a kid was shot because WW "chose" to just "wound" the terrorists people will still be complaining she should have been able to disable those terrorists, block the guns aimed at her, and at the same time, block those MULTIPLE gun fire that everyone has with supefast bullets that clearly WW had to put effort in just blocking one. Then instead of "it's okay" after the scene, WW can be explaining to the parents how she just injured them because they all deserved to live and how she holds every life so sacred.
    She doesn't do it for the sake of being nice. Being merciful when they don't need to kill is part of the Amazon code. It doesn't matter how terrible these people are.

Year One had her stop a terrorist plot to shoot up a mall in which some innocents were killed. Rucka actually respects her power set and character and had her resolve the situation without killing a single person, and he's one of the writers who has her kill when necessary. You act as if these scenarios are not completely in the hands of the writers. She even does a bullet and bracelets scenario to save a couple kids and their parents. Snyder did it just to because he thought her blowing a terrorist away was cool, all the rest is just half assed justifications. Especially the "violence should shock you to the core" and it's irresponsible not to show the consequences of violence crap. Because the end result is people cheering on the violence on social media anyway.

Is Diana actually referred to as Wonder Woman in this?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Diana actually referred to as Wonder Woman in this?
    I think Flash calls her Wonder Woman at one point? I really can't remember though.

So, Wonder Woman was strong against the weak (the terrorists, parademons), but weak against the strong (superman, Steppenwolf)...as a result, she came of as a bully.

Look, I could accept WW killing these guys, had she been as efficient against Steppenwolf. But she wasn't allowed to, because in the mind of the ones in charge, only superman can be effective.

There was a way to avoid this situation : bring a few other villains! There's no shortage of powerhouses on Apokolips, you keep the main ones for future Jl and New Gods movies (Kalibak, Granny, Grail, Kanto, the main Furies...), and you have Diana fight againt let's say Devilance or Bernadeth any other strong villain.

Too Bad they just don't care about her.
    Last edited by WonderSpace; 03-22-2021 at 09:20 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderSpace View Post
    So, Wonder Woman was strong against the weak (the terrorists, parademons), but weak against the strong (superman, Steppenwolf)...as a result, she came of as a bully.

Look, I could accept WW killing these guys, had she been as efficient against Steppenwolf. But she wasn't allowed to, because in the mind of the ones in charge, only superman can be effective.

There was a way to avoid this situation : bring a few other villains! There's no shortage of powerhouses on Apokolips, you keep the main ones for future Jl and New Gods movies (Kalibak, Granny, Grail, Kanto, the main Furies...), and you have Diana fight againt let's say Devilance or any other strong villain.

Too Bad they just don't care about her.
    I've been saying this for a while. Steppenwolf and some Parademons is just not sufficient enough of a threat for a team with both a full powered Superman and Wonder Woman on it. it's a plot that requires a full blown Apokolips invasion. The film is probably too busy as it is to feature all the denizens of Apokolips though, so a DCEU plot for JL vs. Apokolips would have to be overhauled and set up over more films.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I've been saying this for a while. Steppenwolf and some Parademons is just not sufficient enough of a threat for a team with both a full powered Superman and Wonder Woman on it. it's a plot that requires a full blown Apokolips invasion. The film is probably too busy as it is to feature all the denizens of Apokolips though, so a DCEU plot for JL vs. Apokolips would have to be overhauled and set up over more films.
    It's also kind of dumb to have your first JL film be with Darkseid as the baddie.

Everything's kind of a step down after that isn't it.

Absolutely!

I was very surprised when they announced that there would be only one enemy.

I even recall expressing my disppointement on another forum...I already knew that Wonder Woman would get the shorthand of the stick.

Snyder had 4 hours to introduced all these baddies...but I guess such scenes as "knightmare" (you know, that timeline where WW is dead) were more important smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It's also kind of dumb to have your first JL film be with Darkseid as the baddie.

Everything's kind of a step down after that isn't it.
    Yeah, and then to have him get bodied so hard in a flashback, not a good look.

If they had had Steppenwolf team up with some other powerful beings or at least of some super powerful kind of parademons to battle, than at least Aquaman and Wonder Woman could have battled those and not looked so bad. Or you know, just give them some importance to the plot...

Quote Originally Posted by WonderSpace View Post
    Absolutely!

I was very surprised when they announced that there would be only one enemy.

I even recall expressing my disppointement on another forum...I already knew that Wonder Woman would get the shorthand of the stick.

Snyder had 4 hours to introduced all these baddies...but I guess such scenes as "knightmare" (you know, that timeline where WW is dead) were more important smh.
    The knightmare future seems to be all Snyder cares about. It feels like he build the entire plot of his films around getting to this alternate future, but in the end it wouldn't have mattered because that timeline would have been erased and none of the character would have developed from it because they would have been erased too.

spoilers:
    And the reason it gets undone isn't because these characters are having nightmares about the future and learn how to stop it through their dreams. It's because Flash goes back in time and tells Bruce he's the father of Lois's baby... I just...why is an unborn baby a bigger plot point than Wonder Woman and Aquaman...why...
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 03-22-2021 at 09:46 AM.

If snyder wants a Batman film set in that timeline, good for him and whoever is interested in that.

But come on, a Justice League should be about Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and even important characters that have yet to be introduced. What do I care about joker and death-thing or some bat-baby?

And yes, thanks for pointing out that it would be all pointless.

Does DC have a problen with Women being more powerful than Men.so many thing i don't understand why is it that in the Comics Diana can hold her on against Kal el.but in the JL Film not even w the help of Barry and Victor could they move him.and the thing w her powers of Flight she did alot of leaping again so does this movie takes place before WW1984.and another thing the Amazons are just protrayed as Normal women with Shields.Swords and Bow n Arrows cause in my head an ''regular Amazons'' should be able to lift a horse just my thoughts.

Yeah, the knightmare future could be cool to explore but not in a main JL film. That's what spinoffs and What-if's are for.

I remember people got a little annoyed when the Avengers fought a past version of Thanos that lost all of his character development. Now imagine that but with the main characters.