Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    They teased it in the first movie when Steve died and she went on a rampage. But she also just found out humanity sucks. I think that was part of the super last minute reshoots the studio made Patty do.

At least they nipped it in the butt so we don't get "will she turn evil?!" over and over again. Although Snyder did wanna tease that "God of War, gonna kill Superman" thing though.
    It seems that's all Zack can do with these all powerful characters to make them seem interesting in his mind, either have them fail constantly so they question if it's worth the effort or continuously tease them turning evil. Is it so hard to think outside that small and limiting box?

Don't they call her Wonder Woman in WW84?

I don't think they call her WW in the theatrical cut, but I haven't watched that in forever sooo.
    I think the news report involving her heroic acts talks about a "heroic woman" which they could've used for a namedrop but they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the news report involving her heroic acts talks about a "heroic woman" which they could've used for a namedrop but they didn't.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Jenkins wants to save for something in the third movie.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    There is. Because the character has certain traits that have been part of most of her history.

She was incredibly lame in jl too. Being ¨badass¨ by killing humans she far outclasses when it could be avoided, does not qualify as great and powerful in my book. For the most part. She lacked efficiency against the real heavy weights such as steppenwolf and superman.
    Yeah...it’s like an adult throwing a toddler against the wall. It’s not really a display of “strength” at all when you buckle when someone in you weight class shows up. It’s not really impressive at all.
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 03-22-2021 at 06:29 PM.

Fantastic Member

To each his own, but new fans of WW will more likely see Zack's version of WW than PJ's in WW 84. Zack plus WW1 is a perfect balance for me. WW is best forgotten but if some people like that...that's their choice as much as I hate it.

Also, Diana's acting with Cyborg if I may add was the best one i've seen, and redeemed the cheesy over the top drama scenes in WW84...

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    To each his own, but new fans of WW will more likely see Zack's version of WW than PJ's in WW 84. Zack plus WW1 is a perfect balance for me. WW is best forgotten but if some people like that...that's their choice as much as I hate it.

Also, Diana's acting with Cyborg if I may add was the best one i've seen, and redeemed the cheesy over the top drama scenes in WW84...
    WW 2017 only does well as an origin story where she is discovering her powers. But overall. No DCEU movie has really shown WW doing anything big with her so called Godly powers. This is something that needs to be shown in a future movie. WW using her own powers in a big powerhouse way.

Fantastic Member

Well, then let's use some of those Godly powers that we have not seen in both WW84 and Synder Cut, but I still insist WW learn how to use the lasso in a more cooler fashion if they want any hope of getting rid of the shield and sword.

Time will tell. WW84 opened both theatrically and on streaming and was a highly anticipated sequel. Snydercut exists for people who enjoy Snyder's vision. Meanwhile Patty and Gal are coming back for WW3. If someone wants to do another solo WW project, it will be easier for them to refer to solo WW projects than ones where she is an ensemble character.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Just watched the Snyder Cut. My overall feelings for the movie are that it was pretty good, not a waste of four hours and there was stuff I either liked outright or at least liked conceptually. A lot of my neutral/less enthusiastic feelings are down to Wonder Woman and Superman.

the best Wonder Woman related element of the movie wasn't her, but the Amazons. Yeah they lost against Steppenwolf because the plot couldn't work otherwise, but they made a valiant effort and it's neat seeing a superhero's mom get an exciting action scene. It's great the Amazons are three for three for being scene stealers when they show up. But the arrow scene becomes ridiculous when you remember it would be a lot more economical as a storytelling sequence to just have Hippolyta communicate via the Mental Radio. This isn't a problem unique to the film verse either so I can't knock it too much, but while the Golden Age sci-fi is often dismissed as silly or superfluous, the alternative is stuff like this or carrier pigeons which is even sillier/awkward.

Liked the Amazons partaking in the first age of heroes, which overall is a very neat concept. Hippolyta can function as the DCU's Galadriel figure. It was neat seeing the Gods, Ares in particular was cooler here than he was in WW, but Zeus fighting alongside the Amazons felt a bit icky. Would have liked to see Athena instead.

Gadot is still very cool as Diana, but the movie only really allows her to display her speed against the terrorists. The bullets and bracelets looks awesome, but I still very much hate her killing them when it is well within her power to effortlessly solve this without lethal results. These aren't metahumans in her weight class. And after Zack said she'd fly in his universe and Patty established it in the timeline with WW84, this movie is still coy with it. There were was one shot in the final battle where she could be flying, but she might be leaping instead.

The fights with Superman and Steppenwolf, much like the theatrical cut, could use a lot more work. There is a way to have the fight against Superman play out that has them both look good. If the intent is to show him as being a big stronger, she should still land many more effective blows on him besides one head butt. And I'd rather she bounce back and successfully subdue him with the lasso to help him back to himself instead of relying just on Lois (and the fetus). The JL plot would also need to be overhauled so it's not one New God and some Parademons. Because Superman should bat around Steppnwolf...but so should Diana. It'd be better with a full Apokoliptian invasion, and I'd have her foe be Kalibak instead. Who is established as being a bigger deal in the comics, could be made even more intimidating in the films, and be surrounded by other villains to justify a full JL team up so she can defeat him completely solo. While also flying.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Im not sure why Diana was "sorry" for using her bracers on "Kal-El". All they did was push Steppenwolf back and with how strong Superman was made in this film, it'd probably feel like a breeze to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Im not sure why Diana was "sorry" for using her bracers on "Kal-El". All they did was push Steppenwolf back and with how strong Superman was made in this film, it'd probably feel like a breeze to him.
    I don't get it either. Yet she used it to disintegrate one dude and blow up a big part of the building while potentially endangering the people outside when she could have just used the lasso or tiara to disarm him?

Also, where did "Kal-El" come from? How are we meant to assume Lois told her that name, because otherwise she'd barely spoken to him before that for him to tell her, and Bruce shouldn't know either.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't get it either. Yet she used it to disintegrate one dude and blow up a big part of the building while potentially endangering the people outside when she could have just used the lasso or tiara to disarm him?

Also, where did "Kal-El" come from? How are we meant to assume Lois told her that name, because otherwise she'd barely spoken to him before that for him to tell her, and Bruce shouldn't know either.
    Clearly they are close friends despite Clark only saying one sentence to Diana and Diana only saying on sentence back in BvS.

Clearly they are close friends despite Clark only saying one sentence to Diana and Diana only saying on sentence back in BvS.
    It's like it's building off of a more established DC universe than is actually there lol

Lol, man I don't even like it when she calls him that in the regular universe but at least there she actually at least exchanged more than a line with him.

Incredible Member

To be fair everyone knows Superman is Kal-el in Zack Snyder’s take. Zod was the one who announced to the world Kal-el’s name when he first came to earth. It was only completely later when he got named Superman by the military but for most of that movie, he was going by Kal-el when in his Kryptonian clothing/Superman outfit.

https://youtu.be/d_N4lCmgKTA