Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Does DC have a problen with Women being more powerful than Men.so many thing i don't understand why is it that in the Comics Diana can hold her on against Kal el.but in the JL Film not even w the help of Barry and Victor could they move him.and the thing w her powers of Flight she did alot of leaping again so does this movie takes place before WW1984.and another thing the Amazons are just protrayed as Normal women with Shields.Swords and Bow n Arrows cause in my head an ''regular Amazons'' should be able to lift a horse just my thoughts.
    I think DC just has a problem with anyone being more powerful than Superman.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Superman being more powerful doesn't exactly spare him from issues either. He's a plot device that becomes a liability, and then gets "saved" through no effort of his own.

Diana and the Amazons are kind of the lucky ones in the Knightmare future. At least they're dead and get to bow out early

What disappoint me even more, is that most people seems to be perfectly fine with how Diana and the Amazons were portrayed.

That's what a competant and powerful Wonder Woman looks like to them, it's just saddening.

Ans since the Wonder Fandom is not as whinny as the Bat or Super ones, it's hard to voice our concerns to WB / DC. They would not listen anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Superman being more powerful doesn't exactly spare him from issues either. He's a plot device that becomes a liability, and then gets "saved" through no effort of his own.

Diana and the Amazons are kind of the lucky ones in the Knightmare future. At least they're dead and get to bow out early
    Yeah, there's a whole thing about making Superman evil now isn't there? And I mean characters based on Superman as well becoming evil as well (Homelander, Hyperton, Omni-man). The MCU's making billions but everybody's gotta resort to DC to rip-off characters from and turn evil.

Side note with Hyperton, Marvel are you so desperate for villains you make caricature out of DC's Justice League into villains so you don't have to waste time flushing them out? Like, c'maaaaan Marvel you can do better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    WW's father in this movie is Zeus. Also, no real life person who would storm that compound, human or superhero, will allow those people to live for the sake of being "nice." But then again, it's comics, I supposed. WW is fast, as I've said, but if that scene was written wherein a kid was shot because WW "chose" to just "wound" the terrorists people will still be complaining she should have been able to disable those terrorists, block the guns aimed at her, and at the same time, block those MULTIPLE gun fire that everyone has with supefast bullets that clearly WW had to put effort in just blocking one. Then instead of "it's okay" after the scene, WW can be explaining to the parents how she just injured them because they all deserved to live and how she holds every life so sacred.
    You do realize that she CAN do this right? Like this is stupid easy for her in like every media. I don't have to bring out the WW blocking assault rifle fire while blind scan to prove this.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by WonderSpace View Post
    What disappoint me even more, is that most people seems to be perfectly fine with how Diana and the Amazons were portrayed.

That's what a competant and powerful Wonder Woman looks like to them, it's just saddening.

Ans since the Wonder Fandom is not as whinny as the Bat or Super ones, it's hard to voice our concerns to WB / DC. They would not listen anyway.
    A lot of fans were in the beginning, but now it's like some weird thing washed over them after the theatrical release of JL came out and pissed people off, followed by the Snydercut movement.

I'm not shaming anyone for liking those movies, but I've noticed a lot of people suddenly praise the versions they once criticized. Changing your mind is fine as well, it's just the fandom opinion of Snyder changed so drastically. This is the online community mind you, I don't think the general moviegoer cares.

Honestly think the biggest issue is people believing that Violence equals Power. Seriously, the only changes between the two movies for Wonder Woman is that she's obnoxiously violent in ZSJL compared to Joss's cut. She still is insignificant compared to Superman, still barely holds her own against Steppy, her lasso is still ineffective at helping Superman calm down, still ogling at Superman's power, and just like WonderSpace said Diana is really only powerful when you compare her to weak characters. She also considers Steppy to be the most powerful being she's fought, like Ares didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Honestly think the biggest issue is people believing that Violence equals Power. Seriously, the only changes between the two movies for Wonder Woman is that she's obnoxiously violent in ZSJL compared to Joss's cut. She still is insignificant compared to Superman, still barely holds her own against Steppy, her lasso is still ineffective at helping Superman calm down, still ogling at Superman's power, and just like WonderSpace said Diana is really only powerful when you compare her to weak characters. She also considers Steppy to be the most powerful being she's fought, like Ares didn't exist.
    Ares or Doomsday...

Could Steppy even do any damage without his Axe? We'll never know because he always has it until Superman breathed a little ice breath on it and flicked it into pieces. The strongest thing we saw him lift was those Amazon horses.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Ares or Doomsday...

Could Steppy even do any damage without his Axe? We'll never know because he always has it until Superman breathed a little ice breath on it and flicked it into pieces. The strongest thing we saw him lift was those Amazon horses.
    Which was stupid tbh, has axe should have been able to cut him like in the comics. They really just went with "the JL is useless without Superman" trope and it hurts my soul.

Which was stupid tbh, has axe should have been able to cut him like in the comics. They really just went with "the JL is useless without Superman" trope and it hurts my soul.
    "Superman get over here! I can't whip my ass without your toilet paper vision!"

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

You do realize that she CAN do this right? Like this is stupid easy for her in like every media. I don't have to bring out the WW blocking assault rifle fire while blind scan to prove this.
    yes I don't get this either. She's been doing feats like that since 1941. She continued to to do that even after she had a more lax kill code post-COIE and beyond.

I honestly don't get where this is coming from. Have people "met" Wonder Woman before now? Like it's easier to give Clark more of a break in MOS because it was his first day on the job and he was hit with an alien invasion and had to deal with it solo.

Wonder Woman meanwhile, is a pro for a century at this point. Even if she has #2 status in stats behind Superman....that still puts her at more than capable of dealing with this how she traditionally would. Even at that status she's flown at Mach 3 and helped move the moon.

yes I don't get this either. She's been doing feats like that since 1941. She continued to to do that even after she had a more lax kill code post-COIE and beyond.

I honestly don't get where this is coming from. Have people "met" Wonder Woman before now? Like it's easier to give Clark more of a break in MOS because it was his first day on the job and he was hit with an alien invasion and had to deal with it solo.

Wonder Woman meanwhile, is a pro for a century at this point. Even if she has #2 status in stats behind Superman....that still puts her at more than capable of dealing with this how she traditionally would. Even at that status she's flown at Mach 3 and helped move the moon.
    Which is still the tip of the tip of what she can do.

They forgot to put the police officers screaming in pain outside.

Even funnier given I've seen fan theories/suggestion that should be Donna.