Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I guess it's super important that Wonder Woman blows up part of a building to stop one dude.

Is the scene of the horny Viking women singing to a departing Aquaman as funny as I think it is? (I hope Bruce is just awkwardly standing there looking at them)
    Yes, yes it is.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Gotta be honest, not really enjoying seeing people on twitter parroting out that stupid line from Johns about her not having a Rogues Gallery like the rest of the League because she puts down her villains to justify the level of force in the museum scene.

Or that just because she's an Amazon means she doesn't know how to fight non-lethally and that's not what the Amazons are actually about.

Or that WW1984 was stupid for taking the sword and shield away (of all the movies issues, that was not one of them).

Or that just because they were terrorists and bad guys, a lack of restraint should be forgiven (because realism, or people being desensitized, or Zach Snyder and restraint just don't go well together).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gotta be honest, not really enjoying seeing people on twitter parroting out that stupid line from Johns about her not having a Rogues Gallery like the rest of the League because she puts down her villains to justify the level of force in the museum scene.

Or that just because she's an Amazon means she doesn't know how to fight non-lethally and that's not what the Amazons are actually about.

Or that WW1984 was stupid for taking the sword and shield away (of all the movies issues, that was not one of them).

Or that just because they were terrorists and bad guys, a lack of restraint should be forgiven (because realism, or people being desensitized, or Zach Snyder and restraint just don't go well together).
    Yeah, got to say hearing some of the stuff going on in the film has started to give me some real sour takes on a lot of the writers and other creatives who really pushed "Diana the Warrior" these past few decades.

Days like this make me grateful I don't have access to Twitter on my devices.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Diana was fine in this film. Her fighting off the guys at the beginning was very fun but her blowing up a guy was...useless. Didnt make any sense and didnt feel like something she'd do.

Ive seen some talk about how "Snyder gives her some epic fight scenes" but apart from the intro....they were fairly generic? She uses her sword for just about everything and she has to rely on her "finishing move" (the bracelets) WAY TO MUCH. There's no real fighting choreography there.

It was great to see the Greek Gods, I think it was stupid to kill them off in the first place in WW so no complaints there. Zeus was HOT AF! Of course its just a generic model with no real acting but he was nice to look at.

I enjoyed the Amazons, it was fun to see them during the great battle, they were decent during the battle with Steppenwolf, and it was nice to see Hippolyta in that dress. Though I have always been of mind that they should have some kind of increased strength by being blessed by the gods so a horse falling on one of them and not having the strength to get the horse off was a let down.

Haven't seen the movie yet but judging from the comments here it's pretty much exactly what I expected. I keep seeing the reviews praising how much more powerful Wonder Woman is in this version when they obviously mean "the same just more violent". I'll never understand the fascination some people have with violent heroes.

Does the movie explain why only Zeus, Ares and Artemis fight Darkseid? Where were the other gods?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Haven't seen the movie yet but judging from the comments here it's pretty much exactly what I expected. I keep seeing the reviews praising how much more powerful Wonder Woman is in this version when they obviously mean "the same just more violent". I'll never understand the fascination some people have with violent heroes.

Does the movie explain why only Zeus, Ares and Artemis fight Darkseid? Where were the other gods?
    She definitely doesnt do anything in this film to be seen as more powerful especially when her only wins are against humans and Parademons.

As far as the gods, no. The Gods dont speak at all and Diana just gives a rundown of what happened. I'm going to guess that the other Gods couldve been there but just werent focused on.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Does she fly in this?

Snyder said she would fly in his take on the DCEU, but so far only Jenkins has delivered on that.

Also, any named Amazons get killed? In the theatrical cut, Philippus and Euboea were implied to die
    And Jenkins flying feeels very Floaty and slow

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    She definitely doesnt do anything in this film to be seen as more powerful especially when her only wins are against humans and Parademons.

As far as the gods, no. The Gods dont speak at all and Diana just gives a rundown of what happened. I'm going to guess that the other Gods couldve been there but just werent focused on.
    Thought so. It's downright criminal that Athena wasn't shown at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    And Jenkins flying feeels very Floaty and slow
    Except for when she breaks the sound barrier at the end...
    Peace and love to ALL!
    Ray
    **=w=**

Wonder Woman is trending on twitter, it's mostly super positive and sometimes hilarious. Any way you look at this it's a win. Well except for Joss Whedon who is also trending, but in the other direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Wonder Woman is trending on twitter, it's mostly super positive and sometimes hilarious. Any way you look at this it's a win. Well except for Joss Whedon who is also trending, but in the other direction.
    I'm not surprised. Zack Snyder clearly has a vocal fan base on twitter, that's how the #releasethesnydercut got started after all.

Edit: I'm looking at them now. Some on these tweets are hilarious. They're mostly making fun of the music.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 03-19-2021 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post

She only killed humans and parademons. The worst thing she did to Steppenwolf was knock him back. She couldn't even cut him with that sword she keeps flailing around.

Quote Originally Posted by fong03 View Post
    Even more perplexing, not fast enough to catch her falling sword. But we got a cool visual out of it, so who cares? Lol

I’m giving them a hard time, but I genuinely enjoyed watching it. I’m kind of surprised be the general hate. I knew folks here wouldn’t like this WW, but the movie isn’t most of the things people are accusing it of being.
    The movie itself was needless long, especially in the first hour. The plot was alright. Some cool visuals hear and there.

CGI was all over the place, sometimes it looked good but in the scene when Diana was fighting the terrorist, she was just punching this fake CGI rag doll puppets. The full body CGI Martian Manhunter looked especially terrible, he might have actually looked better in the CW but I'd have to do a side-by-side to confirm.

Fantastic Member

I liked the extended scenes (SPOILERS)...Artemis shoothing at Darkseid, but a bit disappointed we did not see Apollo, Hermes and Athena to say the least.

Amazons were bad ass fighters, and I'm wondering why they had such a hard time with Germans after that experience with the Parademons. WW' s action scenes are better than the first WW (well maybe tie and depends on the standard), but definitely superior to WW2.

Also, to my surprise, I actually liked Gal's acting here the most, especially the scene with Cyborg! More depth, less forced, more build up. Whether you like this more violent Diana is up for debate, but definitely I enjoyed this compared to WW2 and a way SUPERIOR movie compared to Joss Whedon's cut!

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    I liked the extended scenes (SPOILERS)...Artemis shoothing at Darkseid, but a bit disappointed we did not see Apollo, Hermes and Athena to say the least.

Amazons were bad ass fighters, and I'm wondering why they had such a hard time with Germans after that experience with the Parademons. WW' s action scenes are better than the first WW (well maybe tie and depends on the standard), but definitely superior to WW2.

Also, to my surprise, I actually liked Gal's acting here the most, especially the scene with Cyborg! More depth, less forced, more build up. Whether you like this more violent Diana is up for debate, but definitely I enjoyed this compared to WW2 and a way SUPERIOR movie compared to Joss Whedon's cut!
    To me, this movie was clearly levels beyond the mess we got with the theatrical cut of Justice League. There were still some flaws that carried over, flaws that I knew would not be fixed.

Positives:

-No CGI lip Superman.
    -Amazons versus Steppenwolf was done better.
    -The world versus Darseid including Zeus and Ares kicking Darkseids ass was great.
    -More cohesive plot than what Joss Whedon gave us.
    -Cocky and arrogant Superman was gone.
    -Expanded version of the terrorist scene with Wonder Woman. Even though she kills apparently. At least we get more badass moments with her.

Negatives:

-Cyborg looks too much like a transformer. Did not really dig his design except for when he was covered up by clothing/
    -Flash still looks off to me, especially when they did a much better job with Quicksilver in the movies.
    -Diana does not fly. If we have to give reasons why she might have, then that is an epic fail and a lie coming from Synder.
    -Martian Manhunter could have looked better.
    -Superman still curbstomping the league.

There are probably more positives and negatives, but these are a few that I thought of.

As far as the DCEU, I would probably rate the relevant movies like this:

WW
    Aquaman
    Shazam
    Snyder Justice League
    BvS
    WW84
    Theatrical Justice League

The last two could be tied for all I care, but both were absolute dreck.