Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    it may just be for that month because it's a 5th week and the creative teams are far ahead.
    Yeah they’re basically just taking the place of Annuals imo
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

A big month for me for DC titles!

Infinite Frontier #1 & Secret Files
    The Flash Annual & #771
    Green Arrow 80th Anniversary
    Suicide Squad #4
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I'll be getting "Infinite Frontier" to see Alan and his kids.

I'll be getting "Checkmate" solely because of The Question.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    it may just be for that month because it's a 5th week and the creative teams are far ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah they’re basically just taking the place of Annuals imo
    I feel like that's unlikely since Michael W. Conrad said he wasn't sure how long the double shipping on Wonder Woman would last - it does seem to be temporary though.

does another website have this so I can see all the covers?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    does another website have this so I can see all the covers?
    This better?

https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-solicitations-june-2021/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    yes, thank you
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    A few thoughts:

• Not the strongest month for covers I'd say, very few that I think look great
    • The whole "searching for the JSA" plotline in Infinite Frontier reminds me of how we got basically the same thing in Doomsday Clock - hopefully they actually spin a JSA book out this one
    • Nice to see DC keeping the infusion of new talent going with Infinite Frontier: Secret Files
    • The return of double shipping is bummer as it requires different artists to rotate in, the fact that Mora and Moore are still doing cover work for Detective and Wonder Woman make me hopeful that they won't be off their books completely and that this is temporary but the fact that Conrad said he wasn't sure how long the double shipping would last or that he didn't sound 100% certain that Moore would return gives me pause
    • I really want this Young Diana backup in the WW title to end - granted we've only gotten one issue but the difference in tone between the main story and the backup was jarring
    • The GL main cover and variant showing a different artist doing interiors isn't exactly DC editorial's best work
    • Wonder Girl mentioning Hera is another example from potential sloppiness of editorial since she was killed off in Infinite Frontier #0. Perhaps the issue is set after the resurrection plotline in Wonder Woman but eh.
    • And one last ding at editorial - it does seem like Huntress was not suppose to be white again as her skin is darker in these new covers
    • Dennis O'Neil's son, Larry, contributing to the Green Arrow 80th anniversary special is a nice touch
    • Feel like whatever limited momentum Checkmate had going for it has completely worn off given the gap between Event Leviathan and this
    • Covers I like:

Last edited by Hypo; 03-20-2021 at 10:56 AM.

That's the link that should've been used in the first place. Remember, this is CBR's forum we're on!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's the link that should've been used in the first place. Remember, this is CBR's forum we're on!
    Well...you see..

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Boy, am I glad I've mostly switched to trades (will very possibly buy Nightwing and Flash monthly on Comixology, though) because these prices are really getting out of hand. $5 for a 32 page comic?! $6 for a 40 page comic?! They can't be serious, surely?

It finally looks like they're putting some effort into their print line so why does it also look like they want to kill it at the same time? And we all know that those backups will vanish in a few months, leaving all those titles at 20-22 pages of story for $5. There's just no way this is remotely sustainable.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What are you going to do, I mean newsarama posted them a whole day before CBR did.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    A few thoughts:

• Not the strongest month for covers I'd say, very few that I think look great
    • The whole "searching for the JSA" plotline in Infinite Frontier reminds me of how we got basically the same thing in Doomsday Clock - hopefully they actually spin a JSA book out this one
    • Nice to see DC keeping the infusion of new talent going with Infinite Frontier: Secret Files
    • The return of double shipping is bummer as it requires different artists to rotate in, the fact that Mora and Moore are still doing cover work for Detective and Wonder Woman make me hopeful that they won't be off their books completely and that this is temporary but the fact that Conrad said he wasn't sure how long the double shipping would last or that he didn't sound 100% certain that Moore would return gives me pause
    • I really want this Young Diana backup in the WW title to end - granted we've only gotten one issue but the difference in tone between the main story and the backup was jarring
    • The GL main cover and variant showing a different artist doing interiors isn't exactly DC editorial's best work
    • Wonder Girl mentioning Hera is another example from potential sloppiness of editorial since she was killed off in Infinite Frontier #0. Perhaps the issue is set after the resurrection plotline in Wonder Woman but eh.
    • And one last ding at editorial - it does seem like Huntress was not suppose to be white again as her skin is darker in these new covers
    • Dennis O'Neil's son, Larry, contributing to the Green Arrow 80th anniversary special is a nice touch
    • Feel like whatever limited momentum Checkmate had going for it has completely worn off given the gap between Event Leviathan and this
    • Covers I like:

I would say we don’t know which point and time that Hera did this. It could’ve been before she actually died? Looking through some of the sample art you can still see Yara going through the airport so the timing just might be a little off in the first few issues.

Also wouldn’t be surprised if it’s an imposter Hera. Wouldn’t be the first time someone in the world of the Amazons, either Amazonian or God, got replaced with a imposter in a Wonder Woman book
    Words to live by.

What are you going to do, I mean newsarama posted them a whole day before CBR did.
    I got a telling off from the mods last August for using a Comics Continuum link when they posted the solicits a few hours before CBR did. Didn't matter that CBR's article wasn't there when I posted. So if CBR's article isn't up yet, we shouldn't be linking to the solicits at all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman