Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    True, but things typically only weigh 10% underwater of what they do on land. Still, that is a lot of weight as you stated.

Mass also plays a part in water displacement and a sub would have a lot of mass.

Massive super strength would be required to lift a sub up out of the water. The Six Million Dollar Man Steve Austin once pushed a sub underwater!
    He didn't lift the sub out of the water, is the thing. He DID accelerate it a fair bit upward, though it took time, and given that he can move at thousands of km through water it seems, he clearly has that much thrust. But once it was moving upward, it breached, like subs can do even when not directed somewhere. It isn't nothing it's just that people were trying to say it was a "hundreds of thousands of tons" level feat, and it's simply not even close to that.

Also, subs weigh ZERO under water: they make themselves neutrally bouyant with ballast tanks.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member

Kind of irrelevent since there are irreconcilable continuity differences between The Snyder Cut and the Aquaman movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Kind of irrelevent since there are irreconcilable continuity differences between The Snyder Cut and the Aquaman movie.
    Like what?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Like what?
    Arthur's history with Mera is different, and Mera's parents are dead